Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2019, 15:03 Cutter

Mike Mayo, told the Financial Times that he expects the industry to shed 10 percent of all of its jobs.

I'd say that number is conservative in the extreme. I think you'll see numbers a lot higher than that. A lot higher.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2019, 13:24 WaltC

"Ray tracing GPUs" are such a farce..;) Wake me when professionals begin using nVidia, AMD, and Intel GPUs to do their ray tracing at 30 frames/s. It'll be a long, long sleep, I predict...! Buzzwords...ah, yes, where would the ignorant be without them? (Better off, I'd say.)  

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

3. Re: Banks Are Set to Automate Away 200,000 Jobs Oct 8, 2019, 11:30 RedEye9

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 11:14:
Glad to see business putting their Trump Tax cuts to work, now these lucky 200,000 folks will have the opportunity to take on huge loan to attend engineering school. Or maybe get masters degrees in computer science so that they can work on designing and building the hardware necessary to automate their already automated jobs. Just like Coal miners are learning to code, or truck drivers will engineer the next generation of self driving trucks.
Don't forget Farmer's who will be on the forefront of developing low cost medicines and cures for cancer.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Banks Are Set to Automate Away 200,000 Jobs Oct 8, 2019, 11:14 Riahderymnmaddog

Glad to see business putting their Trump Tax cuts to work, now these lucky 200,000 folks will have the opportunity to take on huge loan to attend engineering school. Or maybe get masters degrees in computer science so that they can work on designing and building the hardware necessary to automate their already automated jobs. Just like Coal miners are learning to code, or truck drivers will engineer the next generation of self driving trucks.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2019, 10:38 RedEye9

Support and Playable are 2 different things.  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo