Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 15:29 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 06:05:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:26:
1badmf wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:07:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 19:11:
Good article about a Chinese MMA fighter who challenges fake Tai Chi masters to fights.

that dude is a legend. i've been following his story for a while. and for what it's worth, the people he's fighting aren't really fake tai chi masters. he's really exposing kung fu itself as a joke with little validity in real combat. quintessential 'everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the mouth' sorta stuff. china never had the MMA revolution that we had with UFC so they never learned to get rid of the useless bullshit. it's ironic that the US is the home of the best martial arts in the world and china are the pretenders.

the chinese government of course hate his guts and so do all the chinese kung fu zealots. they constantly challenge him to fights and he beats them all without fail.
Are you specifically calling out Kung-Fu, or do you really mean all of the traditional martial arts? Karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, etc...

kung fu specifically. i know MMA is built on the styles that worked in the ring, almost none of which are based on kung fu. the article JD linked is about a chinese MMA fighter who fights self-described kungfu masters, all of whom are egomaniacs who don't know anything about real fighting. really i just enjoy the schadenfreude of egotistical idiots getting their faces (and egos) bashed in.
Not even Kung Fu, but tai chi specifically, which started as a martial art centuries ago, but has evolved into an exercise form, although some schools still train in the martial art form. I'm not familiar with the Chinese scene, but it sounds like unskilled martial artists are founding schools to get government funding for spreading Chinese culture, then becoming full of themselves after gaining students and success.

Korean and Japanese martial arts tend to be more practical with equal emphasis on both kata and kumite. Just watch some of the bouts, and you'll see the kind of full contact that Xu employs. They're used to it. I'd wager they'd have good success against his style.

One problem that can occur is when a martial art becomes too stylized as to lose its usefulness. After studying Shotokan karate, I took up Aikido. I found many schools had gotten away from the harder practice and had become little more than a choreographed dance.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 15:07 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:25:
In our times of the "dictatorship" of political correctness, a series like Monty Python's Flying Circus would never get produced. Here's to all the wonderful (now old) blokes who gave us the most funny and witty circus acts ever!
I'm curious to know what parts of Month Python you think wouldn't get made today. I've always thought their comedy punched up, not down.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

39. removed Oct 6, 2019, 11:08 D-Rock

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 6, 2019, 11:12.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 10:39 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 21:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 21:09:
Simon Says wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 19:55:
Speaking of "aliens", here's the latest Joe Rogan interview with Cmdr. David Fravor and his encounter with the "tic tac" UFO is shown and discussed in detail:
eye witness accounts are at the bottom of the reliability barrel

By 2 air force pilots with 1 copilot each all telling the same story independently, with high placed government officials involved in an inquiry and his own fighter's camera recording ( operated by his copilot ) as evidence?

There's healthy skepticism and there's... well, whatever you suffered from in that comment before even looking at the video/evidence/testimony.

Yeah, there's also the electronic data that corroborates the pilots' stories: IR footage, SPY-6 tracking data, etc.

As to exactly *what* it was, that's entirely speculative at this point: natural phenomena, top secret government program, elaborate government hoax, we just don't know.

The Warzone has done an excellent series of stories on this.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 10:23 Beamer

In the middle of this discussion about men in black, I kind of expected someone to be visited by men in white (coats.)  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 09:08 KS

NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 23:27:
UFOs aren't aliens, they are unidentified flying objects, and even then a lot of them are neither flying, nor objects, but a reflection or shadow or some other shit that no one can be bothered to try and reproduce.

There's a reason that in decades of "UFO sightings" there's never been anything resembling a clear image of a spacecraft or an extraterrestrial lifeform.

I've been saying this for a long time. When personal electronic phone cams came into mass ownership, we got tons of films of rare events like tornados, earthquakes, train crashes, crimes, and so on.

No UFOs. No Nessies. No Bigfeets. Embarrasingly, the handful of modern UFO videos continue to be grainy, blurry pieces of junk. Which should tell people something.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 06:05 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:26:
Good article about a Chinese MMA fighter who challenges fake Tai Chi masters to fights.

that dude is a legend. i've been following his story for a while. and for what it's worth, the people he's fighting aren't really fake tai chi masters. he's really exposing kung fu itself as a joke with little validity in real combat. quintessential 'everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the mouth' sorta stuff. china never had the MMA revolution that we had with UFC so they never learned to get rid of the useless bullshit. it's ironic that the US is the home of the best martial arts in the world and china are the pretenders.

the chinese government of course hate his guts and so do all the chinese kung fu zealots. they constantly challenge him to fights and he beats them all without fail.
Are you specifically calling out Kung-Fu, or do you really mean all of the traditional martial arts? Karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, etc...

kung fu specifically. i know MMA is built on the styles that worked in the ring, almost none of which are based on kung fu. the article JD linked is about a chinese MMA fighter who fights self-described kungfu masters, all of whom are egomaniacs who don't know anything about real fighting. really i just enjoy the schadenfreude of egotistical idiots getting their faces (and egos) bashed in.

34. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 6, 2019, 05:50 RedEye9

Drath71 wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 05:02:
UFOs aren't aliens, they are unidentified flying objects, and even then a lot of them are neither flying, nor objects, but a reflection or shadow or some other shit that no one can be bothered to try and reproduce.

There's a reason that in decades of "UFO sightings" there's never been anything resembling a clear image of a spacecraft or an extraterrestrial lifeform.

Yep. And I'm still waiting on bigfoot or nessy to show up in an iphone picture. Not holding my breath, though.
The true proof is if big foot was radar locked while riding Nessie.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

33. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 6, 2019, 05:02 Drath71

Yep. And I'm still waiting on bigfoot or nessy to show up in an iphone picture. Not holding my breath, though.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 02:26 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 02:25 El Pit

In our times of the "dictatorship" of political correctness, a series like Monty Python's Flying Circus would never get produced. Here's to all the wonderful (now old) blokes who gave us the most funny and witty circus acts ever!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 02:07 1badmf

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 01:41 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 00:54:
...What's interesting is the fuel for the ship is reproducible on earth. If these were aliens from another planet, why would they use elements found on our planet to create a fuel source for their ships? They would have manufactured the vessels in their world. Likely they wouldn't have had access to earth's elements or even knew about them before their initial flight...
Elements available or even common on this planet are certainly possible to be present on many other planets, possibly even likely to be. Now granted, the amounts of all the various elements are going to vary in quantity on each planet. But it is reasonable to guess any interstellar race would have a large database of what is and isn't common in a larger sense. That said, while not necessary impossible though highly unlikely, I don't believe interstellar travelers have ever visited this world. Unless perhaps you are counting some amino acids or other microscopic materials which arrived via comets/asteroids.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 00:54 Kxmode

I agree.

Tesla is responsible for many technological marvels. He has around 200 patients to his name in several countries. Towards the end of his life, he focused his efforts on creating a source capable of producing "free energy." In a series of blueprints, Tesla depicted an object capable of seating 2-3 people with an anti-gravity system similar to the craft Bob Lazar reversed engineered in the '80s. How unlikely would it have been for the government to confiscate those illustrations after Tesla's death?

What's interesting is the fuel for the ship is reproducible on earth. If these were aliens from another planet, why would they use elements found on our planet to create a fuel source for their ships? They would have manufactured the vessels in their world. Likely they wouldn't have had access to earth's elements or even knew about them before their initial flight. At the time, Bob Lazar didn't know what type of features the Dorito-shaped object contained, but eventually, the Russians were able to reproduce it. The fact that they were able to do that shows the fuel source's elements all exist on earth.

So what I believe happened is shortly after Tesla's death, the government took his blueprints (either in secret or by purchase) and secretly began working on trying to develop the "free energy" technology. Not for the free energy, that could help billions, but for the anti-gravity application much in the same way the government took the Wright's brother invention of flight and repurposed it for military use.

In their efforts, they must have gotten to a point where they needed outside help (in no small part due to the information forever lost in Tesla's mind). So they opened a dialog with other governments (or perhaps wealthy private individuals like Howard Hughes). The "shapes" of these ships over time have changed considerably and show clear iterative improvements to the shell of the craft. That demonstrates the technology has come a LONG way from Tesla's time.

I don't see this as aliens. I see it as a cabal of governments working in concert on an SCI, or SAP-level experimental aviation technology. And of the secretive type that even Commander David Fravor nor his superiors are privileged to know.

Anyhow, that's my take on the matter. There's also a religious reason. I know aliens exist, but they do so in a metaphysical sense, not in physical form. Further, there are too many things in the Bible that would conclusively disprove the existence of an alien species, let alone ones capable of visiting earth. There is currently an on-going universal legal battle over Jehovah God's sovereignty over this planet and humanity (currently under Satan's control as 1 John 5:19 and 2 Corinthians 4:4 denotes). There's no way "visiting aliens" would be allowed to interfere with that court proceeding. There other examples, but I won't get into them here.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 00:34 Kxmode

SunnyD wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 23:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 22:01:
Speaking of "aliens", here's the latest Joe Rogan interview with Cmdr. David Fravor and his encounter with the "tic tac" UFO is shown and discussed in detail:

By 2 air force pilots with 1 copilot each all telling the same story independently, with high placed government officials involved in an inquiry and his own fighter's camera recording ( operated by his copilot ) as evidence?

There's healthy skepticism and there's... well, whatever you suffered from in that comment before even looking at the video/evidence/testimony.
You ever seen an optical illusion.
Ever notice how astrophysicist's never see ufo's. But you go on and enjoy your little podcast.

Save for the fun fact that these particular illusions were locked by on-board radar of our warfighters looking for trouble during operations, I'd agree with you. Add in the hilarious fun fact that the U.S. Navy recently stated that yes the vids are real, but no, permission was not given for their release.. yea.

Y'know. Save for that, I was was right there with ya.

~Finis~

RedEye's not capable of reasonable and rational thought when presented with facts. It's not unlike his responses to facts about the Epic Game Store. When present with them he tends to label people as crybabies and crusaders, and goes on about how Epic is just a "different colored storefront."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2019, 23:27 NKD

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2019, 23:26 SunnyD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 22:01:

Ever notice how astrophysicist's never see ufo's. But you go on and enjoy your little podcast.

Save for the fun fact that these particular illusions were locked by on-board radar of our warfighters looking for trouble during operations, I'd agree with you. Add in the hilarious fun fact that the U.S. Navy recently stated that yes the vids are real, but no, permission was not given for their release.. yea.

Y'know. Save for that, I was was right there with ya.

~Finis~

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2019, 22:01 RedEye9

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2019, 21:49 Simon Says

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2019, 21:09 RedEye9

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo