Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA

EA Help announces that Electronic Arts is offering one month of Origin Access Basic for free for players who enable two-factor authentication with EA Login Verification during October (thanks Ant). Here's the plan:

Turn on Login Verification during the month of October 2019 for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and enjoy a month of Origin Access Basic for free*.

You’ll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don’t get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.

Origin Access is our PC membership program, so make sure you have Origin installed on your computer.

• Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
  • Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.
  • Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You’ll get a free month of Origin Access, too.

It’s up to you to maintain your account’s security. Keep Login Verification enabled to help keep your account safe.

*Offer ends October 31, 2019. Conditions and restrictions apply. Certain titles may not be included. See origin.com/store/origin-access/terms for details.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 17:28 Creston

licensedsaucer9 wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 03:26:
Mirrors Edge Catalyst could be fun.

Which games would you recommend?

ME Catalyst is really good. I very much enjoyed it, and it was sad to see it didn't do well, thereby basically dooming the franchise and re-affirming in EA's mind that anything that's not a main AAA franchise isn't worth putting money in.

It was substantially better than the first one. Cool open-ish world, nicely varied sectors, lots of collectibles, fun missions, great movement. Very underrated game, imo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 13:34 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 12:10:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 12:05:
Haha, ok maybe I did over react ... some... but ....

From the looks of things, ea gets your cellphone, your finger print, personal information, intimate personal information, name, address, credit card and ...
I actually feel like I'm leaving some things out.

So my point was, this is ea, "the ea" and they have all this information what could possibly go wrong? Wtf
In other words they have the same info as Steam and Amazon and Apple Pay and... Huh
In this case we were talking about ea but sure if you put their trust at the same level as ea. Puke
Just to be clear, I'm not sure giving all this information to anyone is a good idea. In fact I'm near positive it's not a good idea.
It seems to be enough information to completely destroy someone's life. Not the basic identity theft of 10 years ago, which was repairable.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

25. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 12:10 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 12:05:

From the looks of things, ea gets your cellphone, your finger print, personal information, intimate personal information, name, address, credit card and ...

So my point was, this is ea, "the ea" and they have all this information what could possibly go wrong? Wtf
In other words they have the same info as Steam and Amazon and Apple Pay and... Huh

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

24. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 12:05 Acleacius

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 11:00 Steele Johnson

wow, how generous of them  

22. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 10:46 RedEye9

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/
https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACY/US/en/PC/
https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBPRIVACYAPPENDIX/US/en/PC/

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

21. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 08:32 Nimh

MattyC wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 03:15:
Does this include the Authenticator for SWTOR or is that still separate for no real reason?

At any right more people should use 2fa, so I support this.

Depends on the implementation, but 2FA links your phone number (one of the holy grails of data tracking) with your account. This account information is then available to 3rd party data brokers (partners) per the EA EULA. It's just more tracking and data points for them to link together. If you're sensitive about that stuff you try to minimize it. Otherwise it's just living in modern times where you and your life are the product.

Everyone has a heart, and it’s calling for something. And we’re all so sick and tired of seeing things as they are. ~Nick Cave

20. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 08:22 Pr()ZaC

I always wanted to try BF V...I guess it's a good time now.

19. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 06:33 Slick

Also I should give a nod to the die-hard trolls who just shit on anything EA. You guys sure do hang in there tough.

The obvious fallacy is that we can't take anything you say on the subject seriously.

There are no shortage of times to give EA shit, but when you shit the bed when they give out free games, or in this case lots of free games for a month in return for actually securing your account better... what are you mad at?

You see the dilemma with crying wolf like this? No one can take you seriously when you might actually have real beef with a decision, policy, or action EA takes.

TLDR; If you're mad all the time, it just loses it's power and people start ignoring you. Anger or ecstasy should be used like the word "fuck" in your daily conversations. If you say it all the time no one takes you seriously. But if you act like a reasonable human and then exclaim some profanity at something truly outrageous, people are calibrated to your character, and they understand that what you're upset at is truly worth looking at.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

18. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 06:33 CJ_Parker

Well, I've had 2FA enabled for Origin since 2014 and don't feel overly molested by EA so far Wink .

My guess regarding the reasons for this promo is that they might have analyzed that a significant portion of customer service requests has to do with h4XX so this is probably a measure to help reduce support request queues.

Or maybe they just want to remind everyone of their subscription services now that Ubi's free month of uPlay+ has ended.

17. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 06:27 Slick

To anyone who hasn't played the Titanfall 2 singleplayer, this is a good time to do that. Also SWBF2 is part of basic, and they just launced co-op (can matchmake, don't have to bring your own group) where your kills and XP gain count towards your MP character, so it's really easy to get all the high-tier guns and cards now, then jump in MP and run around with a lightsaber slicing up stormtroopers. It's pretty great.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

16. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 06:11 recall2000

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 04:29:
Holy shit? 2FA give's the ability to track 24/7 to ea, ea, ea... Wtf ?

Literally giving your whole life's worth of information and identification, what could possible go wrong.
WTH? Just in case that wasn't sarcasm (hard to tell 'cos, yea, the internet)...2FA ...Two Factor Authentication. Or MFA, Multi FA.... Username, passsword plus some other method of authentication such as a mobile authenticator, phone call, text message (although SMS has it's issues) etc.. How on Earth is that giving your whole life's worth of information to EA? Don't get me wrong, fuck EA, but that makes no sense.

I use it every day for access to Office 365 and remote access for NetScaler. The customer can't track me (other than knowing when I log in/out) just because I'm using MFA. FYI, soon all 4000 of this customer's users will have to use MFA because they're getting something like 65000 daily phishing attempts linked to Office 365 and other Azure-based resources. Don't get me started on Azure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication

Despite being 5% sugar, baked beans are still the healthiest, tinned, processed food - The "Did You Know" column, The Daily Mirror, c.1980

15. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 05:21 licensedsaucer9

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 04:29:

Literally giving your whole life's worth of information and identification, what could possible go wrong.

Not the way 2fa works.

14. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 04:29 Acleacius

13. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:39 Luke

Ha ha YET another " come to daddy....come to daddy" pathetic  

12. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:26 licensedsaucer9

Great offer in my opinion.

I have not been very active on Origin these last few years since my kind of games tend to be on other platforms, but there are some I would like to try just to make up my mind about them.

Anthem and they are billions are games I would never buy myself, but if they are free I am happy to give them a chance. Also battlefield V, but I don't have high hopes.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst could be fun.

Which games would you recommend?

11. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:18 Alamar

Blue wrote:
- Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
- Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.

Not fucking over current customers in an attempt to reel more in? Good times : )

10. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:15 MattyC

Does this include the Authenticator for SWTOR or is that still separate for no real reason?

At any right more people should use 2fa, so I support this.

9. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 00:47 Talisorn

More companies need to incorporate 2FA on their accounts.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU TURBINE!

8. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 2, 2019, 23:08 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 2, 2019, 22:03:
Dear mom,

Today, I avoided another phishing scam...

Highfive

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo