Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free

The Free Games Collection is now available for free as promised on the Epic Games Store, offering a pair of gratis games: Metro: 2033 Redux and Everything. Each is free to keep for all who pick them up over the next seven days. After that, next week's free game will be Minit. Here's word on both of today's giveaways:
Metro 2033 Redux
In 2013, the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.

The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station Cities struggle for survival, both with each other and the mutant horrors that await outside.

Everything
Be The Universe!
Everything is an epic, award-winning reality simulation game - where everything you see is a thing you can be, from animals to planets to galaxies and beyond. Travel between outer and inner space, and explore a vast, interconnected universe of things without enforced goals, scores, or tasks to complete. Everything is a procedural, AI-driven simulation of the systems of nature, seen from the points of view of everything in the Universe.

Narrated by the inspiring philosophy of Alan Watts, and featuring a rich score from composer Ben Lukas Boysen, Everything will give you a new perspective on life.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 27, 2019, 09:33 D-Rock

InTIMidator wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:14:
I've got a growing collection of these free games. Some I don't even have on Steam and so will be playing them for the first time on the Epic Games Launcher. How does it compare to Steam? Does it have achievements and cloud save? Can I start a game on my desktop and continue on my laptop?

I'm sorry -- are you sure you belong here at Blue's News?

<grumble, grumble; yells at cloud/>

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 22:34  RedEye9 

https://opencritic.com/game/4091/everything  

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

17. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 21:37  Kxmode 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 20:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:34:
Hmm, those removed comments didn't seem so bad. Maybe I need to review the forum rules...

They weren't. Yet someone else whom quoted them didn't have their post removed as well.

A bit uneven in the application.

Little bit confused myself. Maybe I was protected by not going to Epic Mountain with you guys. Also, please stop bouncing me...

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

16. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 20:35  RedEye9 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 20:32:
Hmm, those removed comments didn't seem so bad. Maybe I need to review the forum rules...

They weren't. Yet someone else whom quoted them didn't have their post removed as well.

I blame you. Angel

edit: So you know the worst part about this. MAROON has been a choice all this time and my color blind ass has never noticed.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2019, 20:52.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

15. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 20:32  Burrito of Peace 

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

14. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 19:34  jdreyer 

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

13. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 19:23  Kxmode 

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:02:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 18:35:
YOINKED!
someone who cares will be along shortly Beam

While claiming that they don't care at all.

Shun the non-believers, Charlie! Shhhhhuunnnnnnn-naa. We found a map, to Epic Mountain. Epic Mountain, Charlie. Yeah, Charlie, Epic Mountain. It's a land of sweets and joy...and joyness.

Please stop bouncing on me...

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. removed Sep 26, 2019, 19:05  Burrito of Peace 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 26, 2019, 19:27.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net . Pl

11. removed Sep 26, 2019, 19:02  RedEye9 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 26, 2019, 19:27.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

10. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 18:35  Burrito of Peace 

YOINKED!  

9. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:57  wtf_man 

Already have Metro...DRM Free.... From GOG.

I'd rather pay for DRM Free and remain launcher-less and telemetry-less (At least as far as my devices are concerned... the store, of course is free to keep track of all my purchases and figure out my interests from that)... thank you.

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

8. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:46 jacobvandy

InTIMidator wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:22:
I don't have a clue. I started gaming before the cloud was invented, "achievements" or laptops could play at a reasonable framerate.

Call me weird or old fashioned but I still buy games for the game and not for the store. Cool

Well, thanks for the very informative reply, anyway.

Nevermind him. No achievements and cloud saves only for select games (I was able to find a list here).

7. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:27 InTIMidator

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:22:
I don't have a clue. I started gaming before the cloud was invented, "achievements" or laptops could play at a reasonable framerate.

Call me weird or old fashioned but I still buy games for the game and not for the store. Cool

Well, thanks for the very informative reply, anyway.

6. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:25 Dacote

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:02:
SNAGGEDfricken nice freebie
ditto

5. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:22  RedEye9 

InTIMidator wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 16:14:
I've got a growing collection of these free games. Some I don't even have on Steam and so will be playing them for the first time on the Epic Games Launcher. How does it compare to Steam? Does it have achievements and cloud save? Can I start a game on my desktop and continue on my laptop?
I don't have a clue.
I started gaming before the cloud was invented, there was such a thing as "achievements" or laptops could play anything more graphically challenging than minesweeper / solitaire.

shrug

Vaccines Cause Immunity

4. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:14 InTIMidator

3. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 26, 2019, 16:14  Darks 

Oh look, EGS is dangling their little hook to see who will bite.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 16:02  RedEye9 

SNAGGED
fricken nice freebie

Vaccines Cause Immunity

1. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 26, 2019, 15:56 Flatline

Everything was a cool concept, I never played around with it. I think I had the Metro:2033 Redux for some time now, but if you don't have it it's very much worth the download.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >