Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity

In a post on Reddit, Infinity Ward discusses the backlash to the news that a Special Ops Survival Mode will be a PlayStation 4 exclusive for almost a year after the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare:
Lots of discussion and reactions to yesterday’s news about Special Ops. We know you have questions and we want to clarify. To be clear, our all-new Special Ops mode will be releasing on all platforms on October 25th. We’re looking forward to revealing Special Ops on October 8th. When we launch on October 25th, everyone on all platforms will be getting Modern Warfare which includes Campaign, the all-new Special Ops mode and the entirety of Multiplayer, which is a massive experience we’ve worked to create. Special Ops Survival is an additional, classic mode that will be available on PS4.

We have made many changes this year with the goal to make the entire experience better for all of the Call of Duty community, including no season pass, crossplay across all platforms, and that all post-release maps and modes will be coming to all platforms at the same time. We understand that some may still be disappointed to not be able to play classic Special Ops Survival day one, we hear you. Please know that we are working hard to make sure this is the best Call of Duty we’ve ever made and the best experience possible for fans.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 17:10 RedEye9

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 11:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 11:12:
SirKnight wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 11:08:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 10:20:
I don't see what the big deal is, It's not like its an Epic Game Store exclusive. That would be bullshit because you have to install a different launcher on the hardware you already own.

You can buy the PS4 version of the game everywhere which comes with additional content because of vastly superior hardware. Makes scene to place this mode of game play behind a hardware specific paywall.

WTF are you smoking? The PS4 or PS4 Pro doesn't hold a candle to a gaming PC and the Xbox One X is clearly more powerful. You must be one of those pathetic fanboi Sony ponies.

Oh and the big deal is that it's a mode that a lot of people are interested in yet they pay the same amount for the PC or Xbox version and get less game. They don't get the mode they are interested in until the NEXT CoD is ready to drop.

It's not "rocket science."
He is being sarcastic. Poes law.

Dude,RedEys9, are you really 6IX9INE using an alt account, because you allays snitching on me.
6IX9INE sounds like a real cool guy. My alias is much more obvious.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 11:43 Riahderymnmaddog

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 11:12:
I don't see what the big deal is, It's not like its an Epic Game Store exclusive. That would be bullshit because you have to install a different launcher on the hardware you already own.

You can buy the PS4 version of the game everywhere which comes with additional content because of vastly superior hardware. Makes scene to place this mode of game play behind a hardware specific paywall.

WTF are you smoking? The PS4 or PS4 Pro doesn't hold a candle to a gaming PC and the Xbox One X is clearly more powerful. You must be one of those pathetic fanboi Sony ponies.

Oh and the big deal is that it's a mode that a lot of people are interested in yet they pay the same amount for the PC or Xbox version and get less game. They don't get the mode they are interested in until the NEXT CoD is ready to drop.

Dude,RedEys9, are you really 6IX9INE using an alt account, because you allays snitching on me.

12. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 11:12 RedEye9

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

11. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 11:08 SirKnight

because of vastly superior hardware.

10. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 10:20 Riahderymnmaddog

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2019, 10:51.

9. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 07:01 RedEye9

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 20:57:
Amateurs. You put "Special Ops Survival" on as a PS4 exclusive, SpecOps as an XBoxOne exclusive, and the campaign as a PC exclusive. That way if you want to get the full experience at launch, you have to buy three copies of the game. I thought Activision knew how to milk their customers; they must be getting soft in their old age.

noice

8. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 06:35 Ventura

I bought MW3 on release day for its survival mode (PC of course), but they can go get fucked with this.  

7. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 26, 2019, 00:07 Rilcon

Cutter wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 20:02:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 19:54:
yeah, that's a no from me dog.

Screw this BS

Then tell MS to pony up the dough for access to it. Can't blame IW when Sony gives them a truck full of cash to do it.

I do hope this is inline with how you feel about EGS vs Steam exclusives.

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2019, 23:40 JTW

That didn't clarify. It confirmed what people were pissed about. They already understood just fine.

we are working hard to make sure this is the best Call of Duty we’ve ever made and the best experience possible for fans.

If the fans on the PS4 get something more than the rest of them, then you aren't working to make it the best experience for the fans. Just for PS4 fans. The rest get something less.

5. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 22:08 Avus

AAA game nowadays will create all kind of features to stop me playing them. Loot box, microtransaction, exclusive mode, MP only, stupid "road maps".... Thanks, they saved me LOTS of $$$.  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

4. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 21:53 Kxmode

-OR-

A year's training to bring console controller users up to parity with KB/M users

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 20:57 The_Pink_Tiger

Amateurs. You put "Special Ops Survival" on as a PS4 exclusive, SpecOps as an XBoxOne exclusive, and the campaign as a PC exclusive. That way if you want to get the full experience at launch, you have to buy three copies of the game. I thought Activision knew how to milk their customers; they must be getting soft in their old age.

2. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 20:02 Cutter

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 19:54:

Screw this BS

Then tell MS to pony up the dough for access to it. Can't blame IW when Sony gives them a truck full of cash to do it.

1. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 19:54 ColoradoHoudini

Screw this BS

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >