Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store

This week's new freebies are now available from the Epic Games Store (thanks Michael). They pay off on last week's mysterious Batman teaser with a Batman Free Week, offering no fewer than six Batman games that are free to keep if you pick them up before next Thursday. These are contained in two trilogy anthologies, the Batman Arkham Collection and the LEGO Batman Trilogy. These comprise Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham Knight, LEGO Batman: The Videogame, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, and LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. They also reveal Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux are the two games that will be free next week in what they call the Free Games Collection. Here's a rundown on today's Batman collections:
Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
Critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum returns with a remastered Game of the Year Edition, featuring 4 extra Challenge Maps. The additional Challenge Maps are Crime Alley; Scarecrow Nightmare; Totally Insane and Nocturnal Hunter (both from the Insane Night Map Pack).

Batman Arkham City Game of the Year Edition
Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players flying through the expansive Arkham City - five times larger than the game world in Batman: Arkham Asylum - the new maximum security "home" for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Featuring an incredible Rogues Gallery of Gotham City's most dangerous criminals including Catwoman, The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze and many others, the game allows players to genuinely experience what it feels like to be The Dark Knight delivering justice on the streets of Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Knight
Batman™: Arkham Knight brings the award-winning Arkham trilogy from Rocksteady Studios to its epic conclusion. Developed exclusively for New-Gen platforms, Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile. The highly anticipated addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. In this explosive finale, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect, as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy the Batman forever.

LEGO Batman Trilogy
The LEGO Batman Trilogy Pack offers players an unprecedented opportunity to experience the complete LEGO Batman saga. Enjoy where it all began in Gotham with LEGO Batman: The Videogame. Continue the adventure as the Dynamic Duo teams up with the Justice League for the first time in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. Then, explore the outermost reaches of the DC Universe as the Justice League and Legion of Doom combine forces to thwart the villainous Brainiac in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. 9/21 = Batman Day! Sep 23, 2019, 00:16 Ant

I just noticed with this timing. :p  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 20, 2019, 19:44 RedEye9

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 07:22:
I wonder what has to happen on EGS so that Gaben starts giving "famous" freebies too.
They'll have to get more than 4% marketshare before Valve responds.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

25. Re: removed Sep 20, 2019, 16:26 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 02:38:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 20, 2019, 08:53.

A full remove? OK the autism part went too far, I guess XD

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

24. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 20, 2019, 07:22 Pr()ZaC

I wonder what has to happen on EGS so that Gaben starts giving "famous" freebies too.  

23. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 20, 2019, 07:22 Numinar

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 19:31:
Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 14:26:
Did they ever fix up the Arkham Knight port?

Yes, a long time ago. I played the GOTY back in August/September 2016 and it was all smooth sailing (wingsuiting? ) through an awesome game. I would definitely recommend getting the DLC as well. You absolutely want to play the GOTYs of the Arkham games because the DLC for all of the games is great (i.e. the story DLCs, of course, not the cosmetic/fluff ones).

To me, Knight was the pinnacle of the series. Playing them back to back, I found each Arkham game got a little better than the previous one and Knight is the culmination of awesomeness because it has the best world/city, best story, best atmosphere (the threat feels "real" and the world changes visually for a while), the awesome (mostly optional) batmobile, best characters, great visuals even though it is "only" Unreal 3, tons of attention to detail all over the place, entertaining side activities and the list goes on and on.

I'm not even a Batman/Marvel/spandex/superhero fan (and maybe that even helped because I was able to focus on the games and not how true they were to the lore) but this series easily ranks among my all-time favs.

Good to know. I loved Knight when it came out, got it on PS4 because I hadn't built a new PC at the time and loved it, it ran and looked magnificent and I think the gameplay and performances put the other games to shame, though Asylum and City have their own charms.

I tried it on gamepass on the XBOX1, a much more powerful system, and it didn't look as good or run as well as PS4 and I assume the same issues applied to PC... a phoned in port due to bad contracting deals/devs/whatevs. Back in 2015 or whatever it makes sense that it was lead platform for the wizards at Rocksteady but it still sucks that they irreparably damaged the franchise and the reputation of this fantastic game with the fuckery.

22. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 20, 2019, 06:03 roguebanshee

Ventura wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 19:37:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 16:52:
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 15:59:
Timmeh wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 15:53:
I am just filling up my library with all the free stuff they release every week and not spending any money because the games are cool so why not?

Maybe they aim to stuff your library with so many that the "I want all my games in one place" argument starts to work in their favor.

Yes, except these games are already old and everyone owns them already.

Everyone? I didn't. Any of them. Sorry.

You Epic naysayers are funny. I'm the last person that wanted yet another launcher but let's be honest, this is huge. I don't know what the dollar estimate is on all of these games, but it's gotta be up there.
The two bundles are $50 each.
jacobvandy wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 20:54:
I just noticed it doesn't include the fourth Arkham series game, Origins. I wonder if anybody will miss it?
Technically Origins was released before Knight, so it's the 3rd game that is missing. It was basically City with iirc the only notable addition being the Crime Scene Recreation mode. I know I completed it, but while I can recall a decent amount of plot details from both Asylum and City, for Origins I am drawing a blank on details beyond "tracking down a 'new' villain" and said villain turning out to be the Joker (Origins being a prequel game).

21. removed Sep 20, 2019, 02:38 Quinn

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 20, 2019, 08:53.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

20. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 21:31 Creston

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 18:39:
Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 17:37:
Wow, goddamn. Thumbsup Epic.

So just purely out of curiosity, has there ever been anything revealed with regards who picks up the tab for this? Are the publishers giving the games away for free, or does Epic just pick up the tab? If it's the latter, this is literally costing them billions of dollars.

The parents of kids that play Fortnite are buying them for you.

Awesome. Thanks parents!

19. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 20:54 jacobvandy

I just noticed it doesn't include the fourth Arkham series game, Origins. I wonder if anybody will miss it?

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2019, 21:06.

18. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 20:22 ChopperDan

I still set them up to launch in Steam.
I just have all these damn launchers in the background (Ubi, Arc, EGS, etc...)
It's a little annoying.

17. No subject Sep 19, 2019, 20:10 fujiJuice

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 19:31:
To me, Knight was the pinnacle of the series. Playing them back to back, I found each Arkham game got a little better than the previous one and Knight is the culmination of awesomeness because it has the best world/city, best story, best atmosphere (the threat feels "real" and the world changes visually for a while), the awesome (mostly optional) batmobile, best characters, great visuals even though it is "only" Unreal 3, tons of attention to detail all over the place, entertaining side activities and the list goes on and on.

I totally agree. I really enjoyed the batmobile/tank, the way it transitioned between the two was so quick and pretty. I also appreciated that you could go so very fast through the city and the little details on the sides of buildings ( and there are a lot ) would just explode as you drove through them, instead of stopping you cold.

I probably never would of played it after the bad reception it got on release, but it came with my PS4 so I gave it a shot and found it very enjoyble. I even played it again when I got it on steam for dirt cheap.

16. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 20:01 Task

Hmm, was kind of hoping that Tell Tale Batman game would part of it.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

15. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 19:37 Ventura

I am just filling up my library with all the free stuff they release every week and not spending any money because the games are cool so why not?

Maybe they aim to stuff your library with so many that the "I want all my games in one place" argument starts to work in their favor.

Everyone? I didn't. Any of them. Sorry.

You Epic naysayers are funny. I'm the last person that wanted yet another launcher but let's be honest, this is huge. I don't know what the dollar estimate is on all of these games, but it's gotta be up there.

14. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 19:31 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 14:26:
Did they ever fix up the Arkham Knight port?

Yes, a long time ago. I played the GOTY back in August/September 2016 and it was all smooth sailing (wingsuiting? ) through an awesome game. I would definitely recommend getting the DLC as well. You absolutely want to play the GOTYs of the Arkham games because the DLC for all of the games is great (i.e. the story DLCs, of course, not the cosmetic/fluff ones).

I'm not even a Batman/Marvel/spandex/superhero fan (and maybe that even helped because I was able to focus on the games and not how true they were to the lore) but this series easily ranks among my all-time favs.

13. No subject Sep 19, 2019, 18:39 fujiJuice

Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 17:37:

So just purely out of curiosity, has there ever been anything revealed with regards who picks up the tab for this? Are the publishers giving the games away for free, or does Epic just pick up the tab? If it's the latter, this is literally costing them billions of dollars.

The parents of kids that play Fortnite are buying them for you.

12. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 17:37 Creston

11. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 17:31 Drayth

That doesn't counter his point. Just sayin'

10. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 16:52 Cutter

9. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 16:42 Kosumo

And for all those who wish to boycott the Epic Store, they can just say ……

nah nah nah nah nah Batman!

8. Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 19, 2019, 16:34 Drayth

Awww... for a moment I thought it was the enhanced versions (still only available on consoles).

Nice giveaway none the less.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >