No Man's Sky Event Launches

A new Beyond Development Update 2 has the latest from Hello Games on their ongoing work on No Man's Sky, and the Beyond update for the space exploration game. There are details on a new version 2.12 patch that's now live. They also have images and details on a bunch of free rewards they are giving away in a new event that's underway as of today. Here's more on that:
It has been a few weeks since our last blog post, and we wanted to share a little more news from the studio.

The team here are still working intensely to address high-priority issues, as well as to improve the overall polish and quality of life of the game. Update 2.12 has been released to all platforms today, with the long list of fixes and improvements available at the end of this post. However, we also have a larger feature to announce…

Community Research
Very soon, we will be launching a community event, with new content available to earn from the Space Anomaly. Each mission completed at the Nexus will contribute to a cross-reality target for all Travellers. Universal progress will unlock a series of exotic items synthesised by Polo’s robotic companion, available to purchase with Quicksilver.

As with every update, all this new content is completely free for all existing players – there are no microtransactions in No Man’s Sky.

The event commences today, and has no set deadline for completion. Progress may be tracked from the Galactic Atlas website, or from the Quicksilver Robot itself.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
Sep 19, 2019, 11:16
Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Sep 19, 2019, 11:16
Sep 19, 2019, 11:16

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 22:28:
While I certainly got my moneys worth out of the game, it still got boring quickly, because all the planets look the same after a while. You just dont see new stuff anymore.
Yupp. The variety of planets, even now promoted in videos for Beyond, isnt there. I have visited over 50 systems ... you have your seven biome types (lush, desert, hot, radioactive, frozen, poison, barren) and they look all the same. One desert planet looks like ALL desert planets. There is a slight variance in fauna, flora or mineral shape, but these are just details. You know one desert planet, you know ALL desert planets. Sure, they sometimes throw in one of those exotic worlds, but there you also have recurring subtypes. You know one exotic planet type, you know ALL planets of this sub type.

For all the hype of exploring the unknown ... actually the universe looks very small, because there is just not enough variety.

No Man's Sky is three years after it's release still one broken promise after the other.

Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches
Sep 18, 2019, 22:28
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 22:28
Sep 18, 2019, 22:28

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 14:03:
Sweet.

I'm tellin' ya KX, you're missing out.

While I certainly got my moneys worth out of the game, it still got boring quickly, because all the planets look the same after a while. You just dont see new stuff anymore.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Sep 18, 2019, 20:00
Kxmode

Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 20:00
Sep 18, 2019, 20:00
 Kxmode

Nimh wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 16:06:
Murray’s eyes were bigger than his stomach. A lot of us have probably made similar mistakes in life, albeit under less public scrutiny. It's a 100% complete game at the moment, anything they add extra is just gravy.

Was listening to the Deus Ex: HR developer content the other night and they were doing the same thing early on in the cycle. That's game développement. You dream big and try to get there. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it's does.

He disrespected me and others by not telling us the truth about his product when we willingly gave him the benefit of the doubt as an indie studio, and we trusted the information conveyed to spend FULL-PRICE. Being honest with customers in all business actions is the number one rule a business should follow, and that includes marketing products. A company willing to go down the path of being dishonest with consumers is slime and anyone who says "well, he should get a pass" because it happened years ago and the game is in a better state is foolish. As a businessman, he gets no respect from me. I will not buy products from Hello Games as long as Sean Murray is running the company.

That said, if people enjoy the game today, that's cool. I'm not disparaging others who enjoy the game.

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 17:20 :
I know it is hard Kx, but you really should just flush your mind of those bad feelings and try the game. As sore as you are about the launch only tells me how hyped you were to play it, and that game mostly exists now. If you could either forgive or forget I suspect you would really enjoy playing the game. But hey, whatever makes you happy.

I'm over No Man's Sky and want nothing to do with it.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Sep 18, 2019, 17:20
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 17:20
Sep 18, 2019, 17:20

I know it is hard Kx, but you really should just flush your mind of those bad feelings and try the game. As sore as you are about the launch only tells me how hyped you were to play it, and that game mostly exists now. If you could either forgive or forget I suspect you would really enjoy playing the game. But hey, whatever makes you happy.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

Sep 18, 2019, 17:11
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 17:11
Sep 18, 2019, 17:11

JSP wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 16:53:
Wish they'd do something to help performance on AMD hardware

Runs like a bat out of hell here...;) AMD 3600X/50th Ann 5700XT @ 4k. My opinion is that they leaped the "optimized for old Intel architectures" hurdle a while ago--& of course don't forget that both their PS4 and xbox versions are 100% AMD hardware. So I'm assuming you are talking about x86 PC hardware. Three years ago the inexperience of the programming was apparent, but they've long since passed that hurdle, imo.

The only thing this game lacks (that if it had in sufficient quantity and quality would make it a Classic for the Ages) is a story/quest line that would provide the galactic background with a fascinating, unifying purpose beyond touristy sight seeing, bio-cataloguing, ship repair college, and saying "Hi" to a few other people, beings, etc.

I wait with baited breath for the next installment: No Man's Sky Story...;) Imagine an intricate story line taking after the original Starflight(TM) Galactic Mystery...! I'm not going to hold my breath, though.
It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

Sep 18, 2019, 16:53
JSP
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 16:53
Sep 18, 2019, 16:53
JSP

Wish they'd do something to help performance on AMD hardware

Sep 18, 2019, 16:06
Nimh

Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 16:06
Sep 18, 2019, 16:06
 Nimh

Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 14:53:

1. Did not get the experience promised in 2016.
2. No desire.
3. Sean Murray lies

Pass. I got plenty of other games to play from publishers who didn't lie to me. That said, glad you're enjoying it.

Murray’s eyes were bigger than his stomach. A lot of us have probably made similar mistakes in life, albeit under less public scrutiny. It’s a 100% complete game at the moment, anything they add extra is just gravy.

Was listening to the Deus Ex: HR developer content the other night and they were doing the same thing early on in the cycle. That’s game développement. You dream big and try to get there. Sometimes it doesn’t work, sometimes it’s does. C’est le vie.

Sep 18, 2019, 15:29
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 15:29
Sep 18, 2019, 15:29

Sweet
yep
A mask is not a political statement.
It's an IQ test.
It's a compassion test.
It's a decency test.
It's a social responsibility test.

Sep 18, 2019, 14:53
Kxmode

Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 14:53
Sep 18, 2019, 14:53
 Kxmode

1. Did not get the experience promised in 2016.
2. No desire.
3. Sean Murray lies

Pass. I got plenty of other games to play from publishers who didn't lie to me. That said, glad you're enjoying it.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Sep 18, 2019, 14:38
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 14:38
Sep 18, 2019, 14:38

there are no microtransactions in No Man’s Sky.

"Well, clearly that game will never make any money!"

- Dipshit CEOs from 2K, EA, Activision, etc.

Sep 18, 2019, 14:03
Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 14:03
Sep 18, 2019, 14:03

Sweet.

“We’ve reached the point of this polarized pandemic where our current plan for salvation is convincing certain recalcitrant men that wearing masks is the testosteroney thing to do.“
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older