Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway

If you've been bemoaning the lack of game launchers on your PC, Rockstar has you covered, as they announce the release of the Rockstar Games Launcher, offering cloud saves, game purchases, and automatic updates along with the ability to launch your Rockstar game collection. And if you don't have a Rockstar game collection, they've got you covered, as they are kicking this off by offering Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for Windows for free for a limited time through the launcher. Here are the details:

The Rockstar Games Launcher is a new Windows desktop application that allows you to quickly and easily access your Rockstar Games PC collection in a single place, across both digital and disc-based titles including ones purchased from various other digital stores. You can also use the Launcher to shop for new Rockstar Games PC titles to add to your collection.

The Rockstar Games Launcher comes with a host of features including the addition of cloud save functionality to all supported titles, the ability to keep your Rockstar Games PC library updated automatically, and ways to follow all the latest Rockstar Games news from directly inside the Launcher.

For a limited time, install the Rockstar Games Launcher and claim a free copy of the classic Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on PC within the Rockstar Games Launcher, to permanently add it to your Social Club account’s library. For more details, visit https://support.rockstargames.com

The Rockstar Games Launcher is available for download now here: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/rockstar-games-launcher

Select PC game titles are not currently supported. Visit https://support.rockstargames.com for more info.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 09:38 The Half Elf

If this brings us RDR 1 and 2 to the PC I will GLADLY download it. Sadly I still have my copy of 5 through Rockstar's Store and it's a fucking bitch if I ever need to download and install again.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 07:23 Angrius Maximis

I think its funny PC Scrubs are still waiting to play RDR2 lol  

19. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 02:53 heroin

It's rather annoying but seriously fuck off unless you are announcing RDR2 for PC.  

18. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 01:52 Sepharo

Icewind wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 22:18:
Bill Borre wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 21:14:
I installed it because I think San Andreas was the only one I actually liked.

How was it? Different. I knew you'd like it.

They need to bring the psychotic Latina back!

How insensitive! Don't you know it's LATINX now? Latinks? Not Latina!

Nah that's mostly just for when you don't know the gender or are speaking of all Latinx.

17. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 01:37 Acleacius

I can see the headlines now: Largest Hack in History, Dozens of Game Sites Attacked and Billions of Gamers Personal Information Stolen!

But...but...we gave you free games! Mwahaha

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

16. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 01:19 El Pit

Rockstar's original brand of lube is called... SAN ANDREAS!

And now drop your pants and BOW!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

15. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 18, 2019, 01:16 Dash

10 years from now, every company has their own launcher, that are absolute garbage. Someone finds incomplete code in each, and when all are active at the same time, it begins Skynet.  

14. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 23:11 MattyC

“If you really wanted GTA San Andreas since 2004, but the .99 cent Xbox / PS2 bin at your local store was just a bit out of your price range, boy have we got a surprise for you!”  

13. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 22:18 Icewind

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 21:14:

How insensitive! Don't you know it's LATINX now? Latinks? Not Latina!

12. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 22:11 Acleacius

Make mine a double, can't take all this epic stupidity at once! I seriously wonder if paying customers will just get tired of this and stop playing their games Flush or pirating them Ahoy .  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 21:46 Ozmodan

Glad I deleted GTA5, so won't have put up with their crap portal.  

10. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 21:14 Bill Borre

9. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 21:06 MeanJim

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 20:30:
So, anyone know if they've fixed the digital version of San Andreas since ruining it five years ago? Gutting several of the radio stations was bad enough, but they even broke or intentionally downgraded some things at a system level so that ALL versions were identical to their fucking mobile port. I.e. HD resolutions such as 1080p were dropped, previously fixed crashes were reintroduced, of course all older saves were wrecked... But hey, the game now has native Xbox controller support!

Giving this away for free now without a constructive update is only going to remind people of these issues.

There is a patch that adds the music back, and there are ways to patch (unpatch?) it to previous versions. I already own the pre-hot coffee disk version and have it on Steam. I don't see myself ever playing it again though. I've played the story mode three times, and completed it 100% twice.

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 21:01 MeanJim

Does it have offline mode and is this going to replace the stupid Rock Star Social Club crap that you have to launch GTA V through? I hate that when I go to fire up GTA V single player to blow off some steam by mowing down people in the street, I have to sign in even though I've checked remember me, and then complete two CAPCHAs and if my internet is down or Rockstar's service is down, you can't even play.  

MeanJim on Steam

7. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 20:35 HorrorScope

In the end 12% is too much.  

6. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 20:30 jacobvandy

So, anyone know if they've fixed the digital version of San Andreas since ruining it five years ago? Gutting several of the radio stations was bad enough, but they even broke or intentionally downgraded some things at a system level so that ALL versions were identical to their fucking mobile port. I.e. HD resolutions such as 1080p were dropped, previously fixed crashes were reintroduced, of course all older saves were wrecked... But hey, the game now has native Xbox controller support!

Giving this away for free now without a constructive update is only going to remind people of these issues.

5. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 19:46 RedEye9

Snagged.
Who doesn't love a free game and launcher.
They must be getting ready for the exclusive launch of RDR2 on EGS.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

4. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 19:45 Rigs

Drayth wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 19:34:
I swear to god, if this thing has a shopping cart....

Well, it has a store, which has a cart, soooo...

After all the 'anguish' over EGS, Rockstar thought it was the perfect time to introduce their own type of kindling to the dumpster!

"Hey, everyone, you know that god-awful Rockstar Social Club that everyone despises and no one uses? Yeah, we're gonna bet our future on that, so get downloadin'!"

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 19:40 Sepharo

Make another skateboarding game Rockstar.
There's a void to fill.

2. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 19:38 MindStalker3

Drayth wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 19:34:
I swear to god, if this thing has a shopping cart....

You'll ride it Fortnite style?

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo