Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups

Insider Program Sign Ups for Microsoft Flight Simulator are now underway, as the testing program for the next installment in the series seems to be coming a little later than called for in the original flight plan (thanks Rock Paper Shotgun). Here's the Insider Program FAQ and here's a summary:
Do you share our passion for flight? Are you interested in working directly with us to deliver the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator? The Insider Program is for you! Join your fellow aviation enthusiasts to get exclusive behind-the-scenes updates from developers and partners, gain access to preview builds, and advanced content updates before the general public. Best of all, you’ll become part of the Microsoft Flight Simulator team responsible for providing feedback and recommendations critical to helping deliver the very best experience! You, matter.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups
Sep 17, 2019, 22:53
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups Sep 17, 2019, 22:53
Sep 17, 2019, 22:53

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 19:10:
Signed up as well hoping that alpha/beta won't require the MS Store (cuz that garbage shit will remain uninstalled).

I don't know how long they have already been in development or for how much longer the game will stay in development but this has been a very short timeframe from announcement to alpha. It reaffirms my fears that this will be a casual eye candy plane game but no flight sim by any stretch of the definition. There could also be time pressure (rush job) because they want this game on Scarlett conslows later next year.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course, but the depth of the simulation is what will make or break MSFS for the flight sim fans. No one really wants another MS Flight or Flight Sim World casual sim. They need to pick up where FSX ended and add to it, i.e. just to name the top three priorities: Better flight model, better weather engine, MUCH better ATC/AI traffic.

Depth, depth, depth. It's called "sim" for a reason. It's supposed to simulate the real world procedures as much as possible. Make it so, Mickeysoft, and don't turn this into a casual mushroom shitshow.

It's going to be a hardcore simulation: I heard it's going to support controllers out of the gate.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Sep 17, 2019, 20:53
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups Sep 17, 2019, 20:53
Sep 17, 2019, 20:53

I'd sign up for this, but I've fallen out of the Flight Sim scene. I never transitioned to FSX because I had a lot of addons for FS9 that weren't compatible. I did snag FSX when it released on Steam thinking it would be a good time to get back into it. I still have my yoke, twin engine throttle quadrant, etc., but I haven't touched them in years. If I do get back into flight sims, it'll probably be DCS and not civ sims. I have the A-10C and KA-50 modules, and the upcoming F-16C module is looking sexy AF.
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Sep 17, 2019, 19:10
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups Sep 17, 2019, 19:10
Sep 17, 2019, 19:10

Signed up as well hoping that alpha/beta won't require the MS Store (cuz that garbage shit will remain uninstalled).

I don't know how long they have already been in development or for how much longer the game will stay in development but this has been a very short timeframe from announcement to alpha. It reaffirms my fears that this will be a casual eye candy plane game but no flight sim by any stretch of the definition. There could also be time pressure (rush job) because they want this game on Scarlett conslows later next year.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course, but the depth of the simulation is what will make or break MSFS for the flight sim fans. No one really wants another MS Flight or Flight Sim World casual sim. They need to pick up where FSX ended and add to it, i.e. just to name the top three priorities: Better flight model, better weather engine, MUCH better ATC/AI traffic.

Depth, depth, depth. It's called "sim" for a reason. It's supposed to simulate the real world procedures as much as possible. Make it so, Mickeysoft, and don't turn this into a casual mushroom shitshow.

Sep 17, 2019, 16:27
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups Sep 17, 2019, 16:27
Sep 17, 2019, 16:27

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 14:28:
KX, gonna register?

I did. I dabbled in MFS X, but this one actually has my interest.

Sep 17, 2019, 14:28
Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program Signups Sep 17, 2019, 14:28
Sep 17, 2019, 14:28

KX, gonna register?
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older