Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix

The Epic Games Support Center has word that a hotfix is now available to address a bug that could cause the loss of saved game progress in Borderlands 3. At the same time they clarify how to proceed if the system warns you of a conflict between local and cloud saved games for users playing the action/RPG sequel on more than one system. Polygon has a statement on this from 2K Games about how seriously they are taking this: "We understand just how frustrating this situation is for those who have been affected, so were working with our partners at Epic to monitor the situation and ensure the issue gets fully resolved," a 2K representative told Polygon. "Were listening closely to our community and players, and will continue to do all we can to ensure the best experience possible for everyone." Here's Epic's update on the topic:

How do I handle Cloud Save conflicts?
If you are playing games with Cloud Saves on more than one device through the Epic Games Launcher, you may run into Cloud Save conflicts. This is usually because you have played the game offline on one machine.

If there is a conflict, you will be prompted with the following window:

[snip]

If you see this pop-up, make sure that you select the newer file to avoid losing data. If you select the incorrect one, it may result in lost progress. Any progress lost is not recoverable.

Borderlands 3 issue
We have received reports of an issue with the Cloud Saves feature that can cause some players to lose their save data for Borderlands 3. We have identified the following chain of events that result in this issue:

• You play on Machine A offline or with Cloud Saves not enabled.
  • You then play on Machine B online, realize your save from machine A has not transferred, and then quit the game.
  • Then, you swap back to play on Machine A online, pulling down the empty profile from Machine B.
  • When this happens, the screen pop-up shown above displays, to help resolve the conflict between the save states. However, we have identified a bug in which that screen is not always appearing.

We have shipped a hotfix that addresses this bug. This screen will help ensure players are able to choose their preferred and correct save states going forward.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. removed Sep 18, 2019, 12:59 cena

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 18, 2019, 13:07.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 18, 2019, 09:03 Verno

Yet another reason to wait this stuff out until both the client and game are reasonably fleshed out.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

18. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 18, 2019, 06:48 Jonjonz

Epic board meeting a few months back:

"yo there notun to dat storefront/launcher thing... and we get all da profit."

"but whut about all dat maintenance and support bull?"

"Man aint nuttin to dat, feel me."

A month later:

"We better throw some more programmers on dat cloud save thing or we be hurtin."

"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

17. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 19:56 Sepharo

I've never had to think about cloud saves before, they're either happening or they're not.
I guess I've just been lucky.

16. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 16:49 RedEye9

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 14:55:
In other news, Rockstar Games is having a promo that if you download their launcher for pc, you get gta san andreas for free
Thanks, snagged.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/17/20870668/rockstar-games-launcher-pc-store-gta-san-andreas-free

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

15. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 16:26 Creston

Red886 wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 13:28:
remember those decades old games where you can see the profile data in your save games?

lol, what a mess, EGS

You still can. A cloud save doesn't mean your game isn't saved locally.

And this isn't just an EGS problem. (They had a bug, which is on them obviously, but they hotfixed it.) Cloud save problems appear on all stores and all platforms, even consoles.

14. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 16:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 14:18:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 11:53:
I always get worried when I see that cloud save box appear, no matter which game. You're always just one click away from fucking yourself over...

I've only fucked myself over twice. Once early into Steam doing this, when Steam lost my save (best as I could tell.) Another time when I had been offline without realizing it and ended up with two different saves, out of sync, and the wrong one got uploaded (at least 50% user error, if not 100%.)

Right, I mean, realistically it's always going to be user error, with those exceptions like the one in the post where they mentioned there was a bug that caused the warning screen not to pop up.

But the ruthless logic of the cloud save can get very murky for our peon man-brains to follow through all possible scenarios, and suddenly you look at that screen and go "I.... but... WHAT?!" because both options seem to say "We will fuck you and your save game HARD!"

Whenever I see a screen like that, I tend to quickly do a backup copy of my local save before hitting that damned button.

13. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 16:16 Beamer

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 16:04:
I always get worried when I see that cloud save box appear, no matter which game. You're always just one click away from fucking yourself over...

I've only fucked myself over twice. Once early into Steam doing this, when Steam lost my save (best as I could tell.) Another time when I had been offline without realizing it and ended up with two different saves, out of sync, and the wrong one got uploaded (at least 50% user error, if not 100%.)

Yeah been there with BF4, used to get that all the time and one wrong click and I was f'd. Stopped playing and i got resolved when i loaded up the game months latter. Less frequent now, but still get it with EAs launcher. I may just be old, but i don't want cloud anything. I've woked enough places to see how depending on anyone or any 3rd party means you're waiting for things to go bad and they will. Since people have to kill EGS to avoid stuttering, most wil see those pop ups.

Now for my rant: not a good year to be fragging!!! BF5 is a disaster, few alternatives that don't depend on matchmaking. Decided to go single player and I got Rage 2, Wolf young blood or something, 2 generals expansion that was way to short, Gears 5 that feels like space ace 2019...now borderlands 3 cause i really need something fast paced to scratch that old school ut99 itch. Gaming is like Netflix.. lots of titles but you soon realize therr isn't much worth your time. I need to get back into racing games or something. \End of Rant\

I went with that game that was all the throwback rage a few months ago, the hexen-esque one? Made it one sit-through. Old school gameplay just feels archaic to me now - not a fan of key hunts in mazes with Z-enemies attacking me.

Also finally got Prey, and only sat through it once. Lots of decisions to make, with mechanics I didn't yet know. I'll go back to it, but am in no rush.

Last straight-forward fraggers to really grip me were Doom and Wolfenstein New Colossus. I really loved both those. FC5 was just ok (even if I played a ton), but those two were excellent.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 16:04 4D-Boxing

Yeah been there with BF4, used to get that all the time and one wrong click and I was f'd. Stopped playing and i got resolved when i loaded up the game months latter. Less frequent now, but still get it with EAs launcher. I may just be old, but i don't want cloud anything. I've woked enough places to see how depending on anyone or any 3rd party means you're waiting for things to go bad and they will. Since people have to kill EGS to avoid stuttering, most wil see those pop ups.

Now for my rant: not a good year to be fragging!!! BF5 is a disaster, few alternatives that don't depend on matchmaking. Decided to go single player and I got Rage 2, Wolf young blood or something, 2 generals expansion that was way to short, Gears 5 that feels like space ace 2019...now borderlands 3 cause i really need something fast paced to scratch that old school ut99 itch. Gaming is like Netflix.. lots of titles but you soon realize therr isn't much worth your time. I need to get back into racing games or something. \End of Rant\

11. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 14:57 Steele Johnson

Darks wrote on Sep 17, 2019, 11:20:
EGS, the place where you can beta test all of your games!!

See you in 6 months Steam.

Ive lost my saved games in steam so many times that I dont even bother anymore lol

10. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 14:55 Steele Johnson

In other news, Rockstar Games is having a promo that if you download their launcher for pc, you get gta san andreas for free  

9. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 14:18 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 14:09 theglaze

Thank you beta testers! I'm looking forward to the Steam release  

7. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 13:28 Red886

remember those decades old games where you can see the profile data in your save games?

lol, what a mess, EGS

6. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 13:18 GinRummy

Yeah, this kinda thing happens when you do cloud saves on many games and platforms. I never play on more than my main machine so I always turn off cloud saves. I'm screwed if my machine blows up, but other than that I don't get bad or conflicting saves with it off.  

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 11:53 Creston

4. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 11:35 Rilcon

Had similar happen to me on Uplay 2-3 years ago with the last Splinter Cell; my connection dropped during gameplay and it stopped doing cloud saves for a week. Eventually it turned itself back on (on starting upplay again, I guess) and wiped half a dozen hours of progress.

Never did finish that game.

3. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 11:29 WaltC

Best Experience for Everyone: Customers buying/playing the game on the online distributor system of their choice. Anything less is not the best.  

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

2. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 11:20 Darks

EGS, the place where you can beta test all of your games!!

See you in 6 months Steam.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix Sep 17, 2019, 11:14 HorrorScope

This is one of those bugs we've been talking about that are fixed by 6 mo's later! We'll have to see how this plays out on a different platform though.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo