Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated

GOG.com announced the latest improvements in beta of version 2.0 of their GOG GALAXY client as they work to build a master client for all your game accounts. Those interested in participating in the beta can sign up here (a GOG.com account is required). This video discuses the changes, which are detailed below:
Global Search
Find games, friends, or metadata with the new search button (or Ctrl+F/CMD+F). Quick actions like launching games or starting a chat are also available from Global Search.

Manual game adding
Games found with Global Search can be marked as owned, and then linked to an executable for launching and game time tracking.

Downloads view
Manage your active, queued, and completed downloads from a new section that appears in the sidebar automatically (for GOG.COM games only).

Grid and list views customization
New columns are available in the library list view. Reorder and toggle columns in the list view, customize additional info shown in the grid view, or sort and group with new options.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Sep 15, 2019, 12:03 {PH}88fingers

for people with Alzheimer's +1  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated Sep 14, 2019, 16:45 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 01:47:
This is the most important software for me as a gamer if GOG can pull it off. The one ring to rule... uhm... the one game software client to rule them all and make them obsolete.

Then again, I am almost 100% sure UBI, EA, Steam, Epic, and all the others will sue GOG if they dare to release it.

I think you should check out the GOG 2.0 articles from a few weeks back and do some research into what they are actually realistically going to achieve with this platform. It will definitely not make anything "obsolete". The consolidation of the games in the GOG client is more like a cosmetic change. You still require each individual platform/launcher to be installed as well as for updates and for launching the games. You are in essence installing yet another client for a very small or non-existing benefit.
Additionally there is the privacy angle. Sure, as usual CDP are pretending to be the good guys and they are saying that the mined data is not shared with THIRD parties but you are still sharing a lot of trackable and marketable data with them alone.

On a whole I personally consider GOG 2.0 pointless. It might make sense for gamers with gigantic libraries who are suffering from Alzheimer's so the software can help them track down which games they own on which platform but otherwise I really fail to see any use for it.

4. Re: GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated Sep 14, 2019, 10:40 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 01:47:
This is the most important software for me as a gamer if GOG can pull it off. The one ring to rule... uhm... the one game software client to rule them all and make them obsolete.

Then again, I am almost 100% sure UBI, EA, Steam, Epic, and all the others will sue GOG if they dare to release it.

I heard that XBox is officially supporting it.

I wonder how it handles mods like Steam Workshop.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated Sep 14, 2019, 05:03 Mac

It needs to integrate with Blizzard - until then i'm still using Playnite  

2. Re: GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated Sep 14, 2019, 01:47 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

1. Re: GOG GALAXY 2.0 Beta Updated Sep 13, 2019, 21:08 Reactor

I signed up for the beta ages ago... and nothing. I havenít heard a thing about trying it. I canít sign up again so all I can do is completely ignore the thing until itís out. Kinda stupid beta if you ask me.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >