Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Nicalis Founder Apologizes

A tweet from Tyrone Rodriguez has a response from the Nicalis founder to allegations of his abusive and discriminatory comments (thanks VideoGamer.com). He offers apologies, and says that his own behavior should not reflect on his colleagues:

I wrote some terribly insensitive, stupid remarks in DMs that don't represent who I am. Just because they were done in a private situation while trying to be "funny" and edgy doesn't make them any less terrible.

As someone who has experienced racism and discrimination in my lift, I should know better and must be a better person. I can't throw around words for shock value or because I believe they'll get a laugh.

I want to also clarify that my insensitivity and vulgarity shouldn't reflect on the people I work with. They're good people and shouldn't be held responsible for my own actions

If I've hurt you—and I wasn't aware until today that I might have—I hope you can forgive me someday.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 16, 2019, 12:51 TheVocalMinority

Beamer wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 16:45:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 09:00:
Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 09:07:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 23:29:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 23:19:
What is Nicalis and why should I care the founder is a dick?

So you can be an idiotic internet outrage monkey apparently.

Of course you defend a guy who signs agreements then disappears and professionally blames Jews and calls black people porch monkeys.

He's like you if you had any authority at work.

I was insulting people not defending them - but you already knew that. And you really do not know me at all Beamer so nice bit of projecting there. You seem to think having "authority" is something important. Can't say I'm surprised...

You were insulting those outraged, as per usual, not the racist. Meanwhile, you linked to a term extremely common and, oddly, that is itself a definition. No surprises. You strike me as the type that needs very basic and obvious terms defined for you. Like "racist." We've all seen you struggle with that one.

Sometimes it is difficult to work out if you are being deliberately dense or just have a complete inability to understand nuance. Why the fuck would I insult someone who is not a member of the forum? To express some absurd goodthink? Signal I'm part of the in-group? At least those who I did abuse might have a think about it and be less likely to go off on a stupid rant, and have something a little more meaningful to say, in the future (however unlikely).

And you're shocked that in order to define a term I linked to it's definition LOL! Nice try at claiming consensus. keep up the good work.

"How easily we let ourselves be taken in by partisan labels" - Solzhenitsyn
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 15, 2019, 16:45 Beamer

TheVocalMinority wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 09:00:

Of course you defend a guy who signs agreements then disappears and professionally blames Jews and calls black people porch monkeys.

I was insulting people not defending them - but you already knew that. And you really do not know me at all Beamer so nice bit of projecting there. You seem to think having "authority" is something important. Can't say I'm surprised...

You were insulting those outraged, as per usual, not the racist. Meanwhile, you linked to a term extremely common and, oddly, that is itself a definition. No surprises. You strike me as the type that needs very basic and obvious terms defined for you. Like "racist." We've all seen you struggle with that one.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 15, 2019, 10:40 Mr. Tact

Went ahead and looked it up... a developer who hasn't managed to make a game I spent a single second in -- so, not surprising I had never heard of it or him. Apparently as I said, he is a dick. His apology is unremarkable, could be genuine might not be. If I had to guess I would say he is more sorry he had to apologize than anything else, but I could be wrong.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2019, 16:55.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 15, 2019, 09:00 TheVocalMinority

12. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 14, 2019, 09:07 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 14, 2019, 08:48 El Pit

Only the president is allowed to do this and brag about it - didn't you know this, Mr. Rodriguez?  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 14, 2019, 08:10 HoSpanky

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 21:32:
In other words, 'I'm actually just sorry I got outed and will be more careful with who I'm a dick around.' Sounds like affluenza to me.

Yup. He’s EXACTLY the piece of shit the article makes him appear to be. You can’t be a piece of shit for years and then think a quick written apology is going to change anyone’s mind. I only hope that this article is seen and remembered by indie developers for years to come. Nicalis shouldn’t have ANY trouble responding to it’s clients after this, as they should have very few left.

9. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 23:36 Mr. Tact

Guess I missed my chance, bummer.  

8. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 23:29 TheVocalMinority

7. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 23:19 Mr. Tact

6. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 23:14 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 20:10:
Is it so hard to just have a little professionalism and not make jabs at Jews and black people in your communications with clients?
When your social skill are learned in a Call of Duty in-game chat what d'ya expect.

I was just be funny and edgy, what's the big deal.

At least he provided a decent apology.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 22:06 Kxmode

"I appleagize."
"Don't you mean apologize?"
"No. Appleagize."
"I'm sorry but that word doesn't mean anything."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 21:32 Cutter

In other words, 'I'm actually just sorry I got outed and will be more careful with who I'm a dick around.' Sounds like affluenza to me.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 20:42 Sepharo

Just read the article that was linked on the previous Blue's post... wow, what a man-child.

During one dinner in Japan, according to two people who were there, Rodriguez said he would pay for an employee’s airplane tickets to another country if they drank a disgusting concoction that he’d created at the table, made up of raw eggs, beer, soy sauce, and other assorted food items that Rodriguez had found.

I remember doing stuff like this at 13.

2. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 20:37 Creston

that don't represent who I am

This is the 'shit apology that's completely meaningless' du jour. Frequently heard in one of these "apologies" is "People who know me know that's not who I am."

No, the people who know you know that's who you are, they are just too scared / like you to much to call you out on it. This is totally who you fucking are.

1. Re: Nicalis Founder Apologizes Sep 13, 2019, 20:10 NKD

Is it so hard to just have a little professionalism and not make jabs at Jews and black people in your communications with clients?  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo