Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month

Human Head Studios announce a November 12th global release date on the Epic Games Store for RUNE II. But players eager to check out the Viking action/RPG sequel don't have to wait that long, as they also unveil plans for open beta testing of RUNE II deathmatch from September 20-22. They celebrate the news with a new Gods Interaction Trailer. Here's word:

Ragnarok approaches! Human Head Studios announced today that its upcoming Viking action RPG RUNE II will be launching worldwide November 12 onto the Epic Games Store. Pre-orders are now live for this intense Viking-inspired saga, where only the bravest warriors will choose to gain access to exclusive weapons, armor, maps, and the game’s soundtrack.

Begin this epic quest by selecting a god with which to align. In the RUNE II 'God Interaction' trailer released today, players can learn more about the gods to choose from and the powers they bestow. Will you choose to align with the mighty Thor and call forth the power of his lightning hammer? Or will you pledge your allegiance to the dark Hel to cast a wave of ice spikes to impale your foes? Perhaps summoning a swarm of ravens blessed by Odin to attack and antagonize enemies on the battlefield suits you best? Watch the trailer and decide which deity you will choose.

RUNE II will also begin open beta testing Deathmatch Modes on September 20 through September 22. Join both Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch games where 16 players will battle to see who truly deserves to be in Valhalla. For instant access to the Deathmatch Beta, visit the Epic Games Store RUNE II page to download the Deathmatch demo and follow the official RUNE II Twitter for more information.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 12, 2019, 13:38 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 14:19:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 11:46:
Human Head, deserves a big break! Lighter

That said, can't help them this time due to epicdouchecidity, though it's understandable why they did it. It's not easy to remain an independent developer in these hostile conditions. Especially with idiotic companies like bethesda, who hold independent developers hostage by withholding work unless they agree to be bought out. Flamethrower
Agreed
Epic is a savior for lots independent developers.
Nice try! Help is a gift, not a contract of indentured servitude, causing massive losses of revenue to independents.

The generalization doesn't work either. Human Head has had difficult times due to their independence and high quality of work, and may need the cash to survive the next year.
Where as other independents could just take the cash and run, not caring one way or another.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 20:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 13:11:
I wonder if this game has been surpassed by games that are already out like For Honor, Chivalry, and Mount and Blade.

Seriously... it's not exactly an open genre at this point.

I'll be passing on this, maybe bargain bin, way down the road.

9. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 17:05 Veinman

I am hoping the multiplayer is great, since that's why I bought it. But even if it isn't, the first game gave me so much joy that Human Head deserves another sale anyway.

... not to mention that I think we got a little loose with the office network installs...

8. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 16:42 jacobvandy

Do you call it an action RPG if it's a simple multiplayer brawler? I'm reading it has an open world single player campaign with co-op support, and they decided to add deathmatch due to beta tester feedback.  

7. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 14:36 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 14:19:

They didn't give other platforms a chance. Instead most opt for Epic's quick break-even cash offering with zero trust in their product to sell well.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 14:19 RedEye9

That said, can't help them this time due to epicdouchecidity, though it's understandable why they did it. It's not easy to remain an independent developer in these hostile conditions. Especially with idiotic companies like bethesda, who hold independent developers hostage by withholding work unless they agree to be bought out. Flamethrower
Agreed

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 14:12 Kxmode

Being exclusive on a sub-par platform is not where they'll get their big break.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

4. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 13:43 aka_STEVE

1st game was great , but this just doesn't look like it is doing that justice...

I would have preferred a straight up single player focused true sequel..., not a multiplayer battle arena royale .

3. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 13:11 jdreyer

I wonder if this game has been surpassed by games that are already out like For Honor, Chivalry, and Mount and Blade.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 12:57 Fion

Yea it'd be nice to see them get a win.

I look forward to the game and hope the multiplayer is heavily inspired by the original Rune. That game had amazingly fun PvP multiplayer, though it was a niche game.

1. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 11:46 Acleacius

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo