Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2019, 16:42 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 14:17:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 01:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 19:56:
I refuse to buy a phone made with slave labor but if someone would gift me one that'd be cool.
You'd take a free iPhone? I don't think I'd take one, even if it was free.

*shrug* I hate the OS, hate the walled garden, hate the lack of repairability, hate the file structure lockdown, and all my apps are on Android. I'd take a free Galaxy S10 or Fold.
I am with you on all those things.
However I'd take one for the better security and privacy along with the better camera than my low-midrange $150 phone.
I mean if someone wants to gift me a $1k phone I'm willing to overlook how much I hate the walled garden/ecosystem/os. Wink

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 12, 2019, 14:17 jdreyer

Luke wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 04:05:
I refuse to buy a phone made with slave labor but if someone would gift me one that'd be cool.

Give me a break...remember to polish your glory

*shrug* I hate the OS, hate the walled garden, hate the lack of repairability, hate the file structure lockdown, and all my apps are on Android. I'd take a free Galaxy S10 or Fold.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2019, 07:55 Pr()ZaC

New phones with notches in late 2019 are a big no-no in my design book.
Anyway, I just can't stand iOS. I tried. Repeatedly.
I'd like to see an Android 10 powered iPhone 11 though. Perhaps the new Pissel will come close.

Meanwhile, I'm delightfully "stuck" with the Pocophone. An excellent all-rounder for the price.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2019, 04:05 Luke

Give me a break...remember to polish your glory

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 11, 2019, 01:34 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 10, 2019, 19:56 RedEye9

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >