Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Gears 5 Released

After a short early access release for preorder customers, Gears 5 is now available for Windows and Xbox One. Early Access did not go perfectly smoothly, so The Coalition tweets they are awarding five days of boost and additional scrap to affected users. The "Play Anywhere" edition is now available for Windows 10 and Xbox One through the Microsoft Store, while the version that supports Windows 7 as well as Windows 10 is available on Steam. Here's word from Steam News: "From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever, with five thrilling modes and the deepest campaign yet. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself." Some reviews for this popped up today, but a majority of them were noted when they came out last week. Here's the previously released Launch Trailer, and here's more on the latest installment in the Gears of War sci-fi shooter series:

Campaign: The world is crumbling. The Swarm has corrupted the Coalition’s robot army and is descending upon human cities. With danger closing in, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.

Escape: Outrun the bomb, outsmart the Swarm, and escape the Hive! Escape is a new, aggressive, high-stakes co-op mode featuring a three-player suicide squad that must work together to take out enemy hives from within.

Versus: May the best team win! Rack up points and trade up for superior weapons in Arcade, a frenetic playlist built for jump-in, over-the-top fun. With ten other game types plus new and classic maps, Versus rewards every competitive style, from casual to pro.

Horde: Can you and four friends endure waves of ever-stronger enemies and bosses? Survive using new hero abilities, building defenses, collecting power, leveling up your skills and working as a team.

Map Builder: Create custom Escape hive maps and experiences to share with and challenge your friends.

Features:

• Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
  • Tours of Duty: Rank up from new recruit to four-star general in Gears Tours of Duty. Take on new and exciting challenges, earn awesome rewards, and show off your loot.
  • Boot Camp: New to Gears or just a little rusty? Bootcamp is a fun way to learn the ropes, from the basics to advanced combat techniques.
  • Play as Jack: Play as Jack, your personal flying support bot that can protect allies and damage enemies - perfect for players new to Gears.
  • Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K and HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second on compatible machines

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 11, 2019, 20:57 bigspender

Boring AF, and oh God the running camera wobble is NAUSEATING - never had to stop playing a game in the last 40 years but this did it.

I received an Xbox PC live subscription with my AMD purchase so gave this a try. Which makes it a guiltless uninstall lol.

The one cool thing tho is that you can use the mouse and controller at the same time. Meaning you get analog movement on PC, not that a game like this makes much use of it.

12. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 11, 2019, 11:16 Quinn

Slick wrote on Sep 11, 2019, 01:32:
Drayth wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 13:00:
All I know is Digital Foundry gave the PC port extremely high praise.

Yeah I watched that video, the graphical options are Crysis-level.

Still looks like a boring game tho. And even with all the tweaks, has a very last-gen feel.

Very last-gen indeed, but people see that as a good thing. There's a charm to a game on rails, what with all the shallow open-world borefests out there today. Still, it's shallow even for an on-rails game. No cover? No enemies. It's hilarious.

The story, however is really nice and dramatic. I was introduced two days ago with Gears 4 and I kinda hated it. Boring AF. Love Gears 5 though! Great co-op, where both players experience entire different things during maps. Awesome for replayability! Oh, and the graphics are super slick. I want to eat my monitor.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 11, 2019, 08:59 RedEye9

Numinar wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 23:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 17:37:
Too little, MUCH too CJ_Parker
Force? Do you have to finish the campaign to activate windows now or something?
Grin

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

10. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 11, 2019, 01:32 Slick

Yeah I watched that video, the graphical options are Crysis-level.

Still looks like a boring game tho. And even with all the tweaks, has a very last-gen feel.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

9. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 23:46 Numinar

Rhett wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 17:48:
Great game, extremely polished. I've personally had very few issues outside of server issues, which have been pretty much taken care of. Beautiful, runs amazingly well, has an excellent benchmark built in.

Only thing that sucks is there's not many skins or characters atm, not sure why they held so much back.

Best $2 I've spent in years!

Skins is super thin, also no cool unlocks when you finish the campaign which is sad. I wonder if it's due to the fidelity of the character models? Which they have plenty to add if they get around to it. Give us Cole and Dizzy you cowards.

And yes, it is a good bribe for their already good subscription service (Depending on your tastes). Hope they realise we all going to cancel this shit if the spice stops flowing.

8. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 23:41 Numinar

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 17:37:
Too little, MUCH too late, Microsoft. I'm a hard passin' on your formerly conslow exclusive garbage franchise that you attempted to use to force Xbox down PC gamers' throats. Fuck y'all and fuck this piece of shit franchise hard.

Force? Do you have to finish the campaign to activate windows now or something? For all it's flaws I'd have to put this franchise way up there though in terms of quality and feature set, especially if you are into co-op.

7. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 17:48 Rhett

Great game, extremely polished. I've personally had very few issues outside of server issues, which have been pretty much taken care of. Beautiful, runs amazingly well, has an excellent benchmark built in.

Only thing that sucks is there's not many skins or characters atm, not sure why they held so much back.

Best $2 I've spent in years!

6. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 17:37 CJ_Parker

Too little, MUCH too late, Microsoft. I'm a hard passin' on your formerly conslow exclusive garbage franchise that you attempted to use to force Xbox down PC gamers' throats. Fuck y'all and fuck this piece of shit franchise hard.  

5. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 16:43 Darks

I played it some last night, and it felt great. did not feel like a console port at all. Game looks and plays great too.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 16:21 The Half Elf

Trying to finish up Gears 4 if anyone wants to co-op it. Let me know.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

3. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 13:19 Numinar

maddog wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 12:33:
Can anyone confirm if the versus team v team mode has AI bots?

I think there is a specific playlist for human vs AI skirmish, not sure how flexible or how good the AI is. I think I remember it being allright back in 2, have not tried it here yet.

Love the game, enjoyed campaign, enjoying escape and waiting for boys to get it sorted for a horde run but though the gameplay is smooth, the backend is still rather janky, I hope they clean it up soon.

2. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 13:00 Drayth

1. Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 12:33 maddog

Can anyone confirm if the versus team v team mode has AI bots?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo