Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

I wondered whether being out-of-town for close to a week would mean the gang of 13 ducks that hang out in our pond would forget I was their friend with the oatmeal. But when I went outside to dump the dehumidifier water for the first time after our return I was assailed by 15 happy duckies. It was obvious the two newcomers were having trouble being completely accepted into the group by how they got chased around a bit, but they seemed to be trying to earn full membership. When I went out to pour out the water this morning, however, they were nowhere to be found, making me wonder if they'd already started flying south for the winter. A little later MrsBlue came down and pointed out that my theory was wrong and they were on the patio looking in at me. This was just the main 13 of them, so the pledges may have given up after their hazing, but the rest of them are still in the area for now. I don't know that much about migratory birds, so I have no idea when to expect them to leave, or whether they will come back to this same area next spring, but I'll be interested to see how this all plays out.

Southbound Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: FoxBot.
Links: Swarovski Goatse bracelet - Boing Boing. We live in a magical time.
Stories: Pierce Brosnan Ready For A Female Bond.
Washington state lightning strikes- 1,250 recorded within three hours. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Media: DOCTOR SLEEP - Final Trailer.
How Dangerous Can Ocean Waves Get? Wave Comparison.
Here’s A Good Reminder To Never Mess With A Fully-Grown Elephant.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 11:40 Shock

It's possible you're delaying their departure by giving them a reliable food source  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 11:39 RedEye9

Blue wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 11:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 10:26:
pics of your new herd?

Sure. I've mostly taken video of them, but here is one photo on land and one at sea:

https://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/misc/20190909/
Uh, we like video!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Estimates range from 15-25% of the supercarriers that sank since 1960 were victims of big big large huge waves. that's spooky shit
The rogue wave does not fit into the standard wave model, back to the drawing board.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 11:35  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 10:26:
pics of your new herd?

Sure. I've mostly taken video of them, but here is one photo on land and one at sea:

https://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/misc/20190909/

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 10:26 The Half Elf

pics of your new herd?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo