Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Getting set to depart Atlanta today and fly back home today. This time I will remember to remove my belt before going through the airport scanner. I forgot to do this on the way here, and got to have an intimate experience with a TSA agent repeatedly battering my junk in a pat-down. And he didn't even buy me dinner. So much for the friendly skies.

Obituary: Chris March of ‘Project Runway’ dies at 56.

Flying Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Everyone Should Celebrate Their Love for Dungeons & Dragons.
Stories: CDC Warns Against Pig Ear Dog Treats Amid Salmonella Outbreak.
Science: The Loch Ness Monster is still a mystery. But scientists have some new evidence for a theory. Thanks Max.
Mouthwash Cancels Out Key Benefits of Exercise, Study Finds. Thanks RedEye9
Vegetarians and Vegans Have Higher Stroke Risk, Study Finds. Thanks RedEye9.
Media: SUPER MARIO BROS WITH BLOOD.
Hypersonic sled travels at 6,599 mph (Mach 8.6). Eat our heart out Ricky Bobby. Thanks Warpig.
7 Scientific Urban Legends Debunked!.
Follow-up: India's attempt to land on moon's south pole fails.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 20:09 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 20:04:
Ant wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 17:59:
I'm glad I don't fly anymore. I haven't flew since the summer of 1993.

When could you ever fly? You're an ant!
Ants can have wings.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2019, 20:04 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 17:59:

When could you ever fly? You're an ant!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 19:17 bigspender

Vegetarians and Vegans Have Higher Stroke Risk, Study Finds

Except they don't when you actually read the study..... https://youtu.be/o8hO_Bp2itM

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 17:59 Ant

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 11:27 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 11:14:
Yeah, I keep saying I'll never work somewhere that doesn't let me wear jeans every day again.
For me it was wearing a tie. I hate ties. The only way I would have taken a job where a tie was required is if I was paid so much I could have retired after working there 3-5 years (when I was in my 30s).

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 11:14 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 10:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 10:19:
MattyC wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 07:59:
As for denim, I made it though the 80s and early 90s once. That was never my choice and it was more than enough denim for life. I wouldn't go near the stuff.
I think I must have never gotten over the fact my parents forced me to wear slacks and dress shirts to school through my freshmen year of high school. Since then, outside my time in the military and the occasional wedding or funeral, it has been denim/jeans all the time. Even wore denim shorts when I used to wear shorts, which I rarely do now. I don't really feel comfortable with anything but denim on my legs these days.

My company went full casual five days a week last year. It's been nothing but soft worn denim jeans since then.

Yeah, I keep saying I'll never work somewhere that doesn't let me wear jeans every day again.

Then again, interviewed somewhere the other week where one guy was wearing a long, flowing denim dress. Or skirt. Not sure which, frankly.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 11:01 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 10:27:
My company went full casual five days a week last year. It's been nothing but soft worn denim jeans since then.
Fortunately for me the company I joined in 1995 after leaving the USAF was already there.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 10:27 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 10:03:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 23:34:
Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 18:17:
I still can't believe they have these useless theatrics of making people remove their belts and shoes. Even more useless than the TSA itself.

MacGyver can turn a belt buckle and a pair of loafers into an Uzi.

Yeah but he's already on the No-Fly list.

Laugh2

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 10:27 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 8, 2019, 10:19:
As for denim, I made it though the 80s and early 90s once. That was never my choice and it was more than enough denim for life. I wouldn't go near the stuff.
I think I must have never gotten over the fact my parents forced me to wear slacks and dress shirts to school through my freshmen year of high school. Since then, outside my time in the military and the occasional wedding or funeral, it has been denim/jeans all the time. Even wore denim shorts when I used to wear shorts, which I rarely do now. I don't really feel comfortable with anything but denim on my legs these days.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 10:19 Mr. Tact

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 10:03 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 23:34:
I still can't believe they have these useless theatrics of making people remove their belts and shoes. Even more useless than the TSA itself.

Yeah but he's already on the No-Fly list.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 07:59 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 11:29:
And it's a prescription mouthwash used after oral surgery or for people with severe gingivitis

It is just general use, but yes general hospital use. They give it to people who are going to have limited mobility and can't go brush their teeth after major injury or surgery. Not just the dentist kind.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2019, 04:44 The Half Elf

Sadly I did all my flying before pat downs were a thing
But 5 out of the last 6 times flying I was "randomly" selected to have my baggage searched because I was the tallest person in line, and I tend to have resting angry/intense face....

Blue, next time get his number for me!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 23:35 jdreyer

The Loch Ness Monster is still a mystery. But scientists have some new evidence for a theory.

TL;DR: It's probably a giant eel.

I remember thinking the same thing 30 years ago.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 23:34 jdreyer

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 22:06 RedEye9

Hope things work out with the father on law.

_-_-__-_-$_-_

Don't skip your regularly scheduled poker game to go the last It movie. It was 35 minutes too long and lame.
And the cgi was all beetlejuice style.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 18:17 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 18:08 Hoop

Sure you "forgot" to remove your belt, like you wanted to keep your pants up.
The old TSA tease.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2019, 21:26.

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 14:28 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 13:16:
Hypersonic sled travels at 6,599 mph (Mach 8.6).

They should have teamed up with the Slo Mo guys.
yeah, that definitely needed some slowing down.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2019, 13:16 jdreyer

Hypersonic sled travels at 6,599 mph (Mach 8.6).

They should have teamed up with the Slo Mo guys.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo