Op Ed

GamesIndustry.biz - WoW Classic reminds us of all we've lost.
"The situation regarding archiving our medium's creative history is growing ever more dire as more and more of the most influential and innovative games are edging closer to being services than products. They are heavily reliant on servers to the extent that a service shut-down will destroy the game entirely, and regularly patched in ways that overwrite the original experience that players enjoyed. Even some real landmarks, games that pioneered important innovations and had a major impact on the industry over time, have likely already been lost entirely -- or at least, the code and keys required to make them run are unavailable to archivists, and the possibility of anyone ever being able to play them again grows more remote by the day."

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Saturday Safety Dance
Sep 7, 2019, 15:49
Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 15:49
Sep 7, 2019, 15:49

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 10:35:
Citizen P wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 10:28:
Drath71 wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 09:06:

I had to derrrrp

Ah yes, that crazy left-wing cabal that runs Disney trying to sneak granola into everything. GTFO you fruitloop.

Our current regime has spent an entire fucking week solely trying to convince us that an accidental slip of the tongue was intentional and we're all wrong to believe what literally every weather agency is telling us, and that the President is omniscient and is never, ever wrong and makes no mistakes, to the point that they're altering maps and forcing government agencies to release statements not attributed to anyone that actually works there.

But it's a missing blooper in Toy Story 2 that we have to fear. Something in a movie made for children possibly not appropriate for children...
Former NOAA Chief Operating Officer David Titley blasted the NOAA statement, saying it represented "perhaps the darkest day ever for @noaa leadership."

"Don't know how they will ever look their workforce in the eye again. Moral cowardice," he tweeted.

Monica Medina, who worked as NOAA's general counsel, tweeted Friday, "As a former @NOAA leader I can say two things with certainty. No NOAA Administrator I worked for would have done this. And I would have quit if I had been directed to agree to let this BS go out."

The statement also drew scrutiny from meteorologists who said the initial tweet from the National Weather Service in Alabama was accurate.

"The tweet from NWS Birmingham was spot on and accurate," Birmingham-based meteorologist James Spann Jr. tweeted. "If they are coming after them, they might as well come after me. How in the world has it come to this?"

cheeto christ strikes again
“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces." Carl Sagan

Sep 7, 2019, 10:35
Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 10:35
Sep 7, 2019, 10:35

Citizen P wrote on Sep 7, 2019, 10:28:

I had to go look up what you mean by the toy story 2 scene. Ridiculous. But if leftists ever get control, get ready for a way of life straight out of George Orwell's nightmares.

Ah yes, that crazy left-wing cabal that runs Disney trying to sneak granola into everything. GTFO you fruitloop.

Our current regime has spent an entire fucking week solely trying to convince us that an accidental slip of the tongue was intentional and we're all wrong to believe what literally every weather agency is telling us, and that the President is omniscient and is never, ever wrong and makes no mistakes, to the point that they're altering maps and forcing government agencies to release statements not attributed to anyone that actually works there.

But it's a missing blooper in Toy Story 2 that we have to fear. Something in a movie made for children possibly not appropriate for children...

Sep 7, 2019, 10:28
Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 10:28
Sep 7, 2019, 10:28

I had to go look up what you mean by the toy story 2 scene. Ridiculous. But if leftists ever get control, get ready for a way of life straight out of George Orwell's nightmares.

Sep 7, 2019, 09:06
Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 7, 2019, 09:06
Sep 7, 2019, 09:06

Drayth wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 19:17:
Same's happening to digital movies and shows. The removal of a scene from Toy Story 2, and the trimmed down 13 Reasons Why scene.

I already picked up blu-rays when I could of my favorite stuff for the superior A/V quality, but now this new trend is giving me more reason to collect when it's something I really enjoyed.

Re: Op Ed
Sep 6, 2019, 22:41
Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2019, 22:41
Sep 6, 2019, 22:41

Here is the classic World of Warcraft stream you should be watching.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Sep 6, 2019, 21:08
Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2019, 21:08
Sep 6, 2019, 21:08

Watching some streams for a few mins here and there... I'm not getting it.

Sep 6, 2019, 20:38
Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2019, 20:38
Sep 6, 2019, 20:38

How odd; people are nostalgic for a game from an era when developers were more focused on quality of gameplay, story and setting than streamlining and simplifying everything to maximize monetization? Who could have expected that?

Personally, I can't understand that myself; why would anyone want to play something that focused on making sure the player had fun rather than ensuring a payout for the stockholders. It makes no sense!

/s

Sep 6, 2019, 19:17
Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2019, 19:17
Sep 6, 2019, 19:17

Same's happening to digital movies and shows. The removal of a scene from Toy Story 2, and the trimmed down 13 Reasons Why scene.

I already picked up blu-rays when I could of my favorite stuff for the superior A/V quality, but now this new trend is giving me more reason to collect when it's something I really enjoyed.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older