The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is now available for Windows, Linux, and macOS on GOG.com and Steam. Here's the Launch Trailer and here's the skinny on the updated RPG, which is a free update for those who already own the original:
The Director’s Cut is loaded with new features, fixes, and content, making it the truly definitive edition of The Bard’s Tale IV. Along with an Unreal Engine update that has the game looking, playing, and sounding better than ever, The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut directly addresses feedback received from the game’s initial launch with thousands of fixes and tweaks included. Those who already own the PC game will receive the Director’s Cut content and improvements as a free update.

New features of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut include:

• A new end-game chapter that adds hours of additional content
  • New enemies, items, and weapons, including dwarven master-crafted weapons
  • Thousands of fixes and improvements across the game
  • Refined and more feature-rich UI
  • More class/gender character creation options
  • Rebalanced combat and encounters
  • Additional difficulty settings
  • Full gamepad support across all platforms

Each version of The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut includes bonus in-game items, with the Deluxe Edition on PC offering a wide range of art, music, and the original (and remastered) The Bard’s Tale Trilogy series of games.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released
Sep 6, 2019, 17:56
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 17:56
Sep 6, 2019, 17:56

Saboth wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 14:06:
I don't think I've ever seen a game that is so resistant to going on sale, especially with a 50% rating. D:OS and D:OS 2 resisted sales (or only gave minor discounts) for a LONG time, but those games were smash hits with great ratings.

CDKeys.com has had BT4 on sale for a long time for less than €10 (not sure about US$ pricing). I bought it all the way back in November 2018 for €11-something. Outside of Steam it definitely dropped like a rock in price (e.g. physical copies on Amazon UK sell for £12).

Sep 6, 2019, 16:28
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 16:28
Sep 6, 2019, 16:28

GinRummy wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 14:18:
I finished this game when it first came out (I was a backer) and enjoyed it immensely. The grid fighting style was strange at first but once you learned how to best use it things became fun. Puzzles rarely stumped my too long, though some were tedious. I look forward to trying the new version from scratch some time again soon.

It was good, but you also see where it could have been improved and so far I think the consensus is the DC is disappointing. Quite a few new bugs, so now got to wait for that to be sorted.

Sep 6, 2019, 16:08
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 16:08
Sep 6, 2019, 16:08

Quinn wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 10:28:
Tried it again now after not feeling it hours in, months ago. Made it about an hour or two in before quiting. Probably going to delete it again this weekend.

I'm just not feeling it. The graphics are off and the humor doesn't play the right strings.

The graphics looks absolutely amazing in the trailer. My jaw dropped to the floor. How are the graphics "off"?
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

Sep 6, 2019, 14:18
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 14:18
Sep 6, 2019, 14:18

I finished this game when it first came out (I was a backer) and enjoyed it immensely. The grid fighting style was strange at first but once you learned how to best use it things became fun. Puzzles rarely stumped my too long, though some were tedious. I look forward to trying the new version from scratch some time again soon.

Sep 6, 2019, 14:06
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 14:06
Sep 6, 2019, 14:06

I don't think I've ever seen a game that is so resistant to going on sale, especially with a 50% rating. D:OS and D:OS 2 resisted sales (or only gave minor discounts) for a LONG time, but those games were smash hits with great ratings.

Sep 6, 2019, 11:51
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 11:51
Sep 6, 2019, 11:51

I think I’ll just stick to playing the non Directors version. The changes in graphics quality was a bizarre choice. Went from pretty nice to ewwww what is that. Usually DC versions improve stuff.

Sep 6, 2019, 10:28
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 10:28
Sep 6, 2019, 10:28

Tried it again now after not feeling it hours in, months ago. Made it about an hour or two in before quiting. Probably going to delete it again this weekend.

I'm just not feeling it. The graphics are off and the humor doesn't play the right strings.
"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

Sep 6, 2019, 10:16
Re: The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut Released Sep 6, 2019, 10:16
Sep 6, 2019, 10:16

Wheeee!
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older