Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store

Epic Games Store announces their latest weekly freebies are now available with the promised free release of The End is Nigh and ABZU. As is their way, they use the occasion to also tease next week's game gifts, saying on September 12th they will offer Conarium. These are free to keep, but you must claim your copy over the next seven days or you will miss out. Here's a rundown on today's free offerings:

The End Is Nigh is a sprawling adventure platformer where the player takes control over Ash, one of few "things" that have "survived" the "end of the world".
Follow Ash as he flops his way through a future of pain and suffering. Feel his stress levels rise as you throw him into an endless swarm of decaying, mutant animal-like creatures and help aid his final epic quest... to simply make a friend (out of pieces of people he finds along his journey).

Immerse yourself in a vibrant ocean world full of mystery and bursting with color and life. Perform fluid acrobatics as the Diver using graceful swimming controls. Discover hundreds of unique species based on real creatures and form a powerful connection with the abundant sea life. Interact with schools of thousands of fish that procedurally respond to you, each other, and predators. Linger in epic seascapes and explore aquatic ecosystems modeled with unprecedented detail. Descend into the heart of the ocean where ancient secrets lie forgotten. But beware, dangers lurk in the depths. "ABZ" is from the oldest mythologies; AB, meaning water, and Z, meaning to know. ABZ is the ocean of wisdom.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 7, 2019, 06:20 Luke

Some people will eat anything thrown at them...thats why the "quality " of games are at this sad state. " Lets make more , people seems to like them"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 20:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 03:38:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 20:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 19:28:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 19:05:
Abzu is a great game to throw up on the big screen TV and chill.

Also, my wife enjoyed it.
Cool, glad to know that one of them is decent. I'd never heard either one.
Now i'm off to play my treasures. Grin
You troll us with your EGS fandom like the Mormon and Jehovah Witness people troll my neighborhood. They know they ain't converting anyone, but they still come by with their shit eating grin and annoy us.
One difference is that you're going to his door (thread), he's not coming to yours. Another difference is that it's not some cult, it's just a store.

If you don't want Witnesses coming to your door, tell them to put you on their "Do Not Call" list the next time they stop by. The Witnesses do their volunteer ministry work in assigned territory, so your request will make it into their congregation's territory cards. On the card is a list of DNC addresses. The Witnesses don't want to waste their time on someone who expresses no interest.

As an aside, Jesus and his followers engaged in the house-to-house ministry and public ministry at marketplaces and synagogues. The religious leaders ordered Peter, for example, to stop and they didn't. "We must obey God as ruler rather than men" was their response. The Jews during Jesus day labeled his group of evangelizers as a cult. The ministry is not something Witnesses do because they enjoy annoying people. Quite the contrary, it's done because it is a direct command from Jesus via Matthew 28:19,20. ALL Christians are required to minister by sharing the good things that God's Kingdom is providing now and in the future, and how that person can benefit from it now and in the future.

However, as outlined in the first paragraph, your response is entirely voluntary. If you're adamant not to hear the message, then say to put you on the DNC list and the Witnesses will seek out someone else more receptive.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2019, 21:09.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

39. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 19:14 peteham

Slick wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 14:58:
Abzu is supposed to be good, I got it for my Hexbox One and haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I miss really engrossing well crafted AAA single-player games. Cyberpunk can't get here soon enough, cause I just keep going back to playing multiplayer shooters...
If memory serves, it's only a couple of hours long. It's basically underwater Journey, so not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it a lot. Perfect game for a rainy Sunday morning.

38. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 14:58 Slick

Abzu is supposed to be good, I got it for my Hexbox One and haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I miss really engrossing well crafted AAA single-player games. Cyberpunk can't get here soon enough, cause I just keep going back to playing multiplayer shooters...  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

37. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 08:44 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 03:44:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 21:48:
The dark side?

Come to the demonic side! We have ...friendly succubi or incubi...

Why is it either/or? Why not both at once? Devil

If that's your kink, who are we to kinkshame you? Have both at the same time!

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

36. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 08:41 Rigs

*quietly walks in, grabs a beer and sits down*

MrBone wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 00:16:
The quality of posters here has taken a nosedive over the last several years. Sad.

El Pit wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 00:34:
So you give them just a 5/10 rating? Better? Worse?

Many of us are just grumpy old men now. It is a natural evolution.

An evolution from having been grumpy young men.

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 03:48:
Half the posters here are worse than average!

*quietly gets up and walks right back out*

You guys are busy, I'll come back later...

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2019, 19:58.

35. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 08:08 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 03:50:
InTIMidator wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 22:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 18:59:
Grabbed both of them.
Life is good.

Were you able to grab both at the same time (by using a shopping cart like feature) or did you have to get them one at a time?
One at a time.
It was horrific. Totally unplayable.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

34. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 06:24 dajunka

I though Epic was dead. So it's still breathing.....it's last.  

33. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:50 jdreyer

Grabbed both of them.
Life is good.

Were you able to grab both at the same time (by using a shopping cart like feature) or did you have to get them one at a time?
One at a time.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

32. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:49 jdreyer

Luke wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 01:19:
Wow the quality of those freebies....just wow!
You haven't played either of them, so how would you know?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

31. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:48 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Sep 6, 2019, 00:34:
The quality of posters here has taken a nosedive over the last several years. Sad.

Half the posters here are worse than average!

30. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:44 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 21:48:
The dark side?

Come to the demonic side! We have ...friendly succubi or incubi...

Why is it either/or? Why not both at once? Devil

29. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:38 jdreyer

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 20:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 19:28:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 19:05:
Abzu is a great game to throw up on the big screen TV and chill.

Also, my wife enjoyed it.
Cool, glad to know that one of them is decent. I'd never heard either one.
Now i'm off to play my treasures. Grin
You troll us with your EGS fandom like the Mormon and Jehovah Witness people troll my neighborhood. They know they ain't converting anyone, but they still come by with their shit eating grin and annoy us.
One difference is that you're going to his door (thread), he's not coming to yours. Another difference is that it's not some cult, it's just a store.

28. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 03:04 dajunka

Yeah, along with the quality of games and the conscience along with honesty of software publisher.  

27. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 01:19 Luke

Wow the quality of those freebies....just wow!  

26. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 00:34 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

25. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 00:16 MrBone

24. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 6, 2019, 00:00 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 22:46:
Grabbed both of them.
Life is good.
I used my tablet while sitting in a shopping cart.

Crazy

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

23. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 5, 2019, 22:51 Creston

Abzu looks pretty cool. I'll take the free game.  

22. Re: The End is Nigh and ABZU Free on Epic Games Store Sep 5, 2019, 22:46 RedEye9

Grabbed both of them.
Life is good.
I used my tablet while sitting in a shopping cart.
The extra finger taps were excruciating but considering the cost it was a price I was willing to pay. Wink

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo