7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews
Sep 5, 2019, 10:59
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 5, 2019, 10:59
Sep 5, 2019, 10:59

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 10:02:
Buy, Wait imo sold out a little here, he really didn't like it and in the end he still called it a buy. Imo his words added up wait until sale, but something tells me he was pulled a little here.

Yeah 12 hours at $50/$60 isn't gonna cut it for me in 2019. But luckily there is something called Gamepass, I can easily do this and 1 or 2 more things in a month in the near future. That, that will be worth it. Gears with 12 hours at best is $20 for me and more like $15. I'm around $1/hour now or better.

12 hours is too much if you don’t like it after 2 or 3 hours! But it seems like a good package to me even at 60 dollars. It has campaign co-op (3 player, but one player is a support robot), 4 5v5 multiplayer modes, a 3p co-op escape/L4D style thing and 5p Horde mode which are probably fairly replayable. Only tried each mode except horde once but they seem very solid. I also probably wouldn’t spend retail unless friends were playing but not because of value, but because I just have trouble justifying spending sixty bucks on anything these days. With gamepass it’s a no brainer. Definitely a quality package compared to a lot of 60 dollar games. I actually can’t remember the last time I got one of them for something other than a first party Nintendo game for the family.

Sep 5, 2019, 10:02
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 5, 2019, 10:02
Sep 5, 2019, 10:02

Buy, Wait imo sold out a little here, he really didn't like it and in the end he still called it a buy. Imo his words added up wait until sale, but something tells me he was pulled a little here.

Yeah 12 hours at $50/$60 isn't gonna cut it for me in 2019. But luckily there is something called Gamepass, I can easily do this and 1 or 2 more things in a month in the near future. That, that will be worth it. Gears with 12 hours at best is $20 for me and more like $15. I'm around $1/hour now or better.

Sep 5, 2019, 09:07
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 5, 2019, 09:07
Sep 5, 2019, 09:07

Gears games are horribly on rails - no thanks.

Sep 5, 2019, 01:06
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 5, 2019, 01:06
Sep 5, 2019, 01:06

WaltC wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:31:
Angry Centaur was interesting--I heard "12-hour campaign" and massively cringed. The graphics and game modes looked like Half-Life 2 meets Unreal tournament(s) meets Doom3 meets Borderlands (all those cartoon colors) meets a couple of other notable games of the past few years. I also found it somewhat amusing that the guy was using both a PC with a 2080ti in it and an xBox running at a scaled up fake 4k...I couldn't help wondering what his review would have been like had he been confined to the console only--as very few people will own a $1400 3d card in a $4k computer and an comparatively very inexpensive xBox. (What would be the point?) Ah, well, I don't like mindless shooters, anyway, so I'll pass, and with gusto! Console fare just does nothing for me at all--never has. Give me Witcher 3 and presumably Cyberpunk 2077 all day long. Now those are games worthy of the appellation! This looks like penny arcade fare with delusions of grandeur...;)

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk were/will be released day and date on consoles, with feature parity in all but rendering and and control input. They are as at least as much console games as Gears. I also own a PC and multiple consoles. There are benifits to such depending on what your friends and family use for multiplayer and how broad your tastes in games are.

Sep 4, 2019, 19:34
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 4, 2019, 19:34
Sep 4, 2019, 19:34

I am looking forward to this because, for some odd reason, Mrs. B loves watching me play them and she has gotten really invested in the story. I have no idea why. She readily admits that it is shallow.
"Lock the doors. Kill the light. No one's coming...home tonight. It's getting colder."

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Sep 4, 2019, 16:46
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 4, 2019, 16:46
Sep 4, 2019, 16:46

WaltC wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:31:
Angry Centaur was interesting--I heard "12-hour campaign" and massively cringed. The graphics and game modes looked like Half-Life 2 meets Unreal tournament(s) meets Doom3 meets Borderlands (all those cartoon colors) meets a couple of other notable games of the past few years. I also found it somewhat amusing that the guy was using both a PC with a 2080ti in it and an xBox running at a scaled up fake 4k...I couldn't help wondering what his review would have been like had he been confined to the console only--as very few people will own a $1400 3d card in a $4k computer and an comparatively very inexpensive xBox. (What would be the point?) Ah, well, I don't like mindless shooters, anyway, so I'll pass, and with gusto! Console fare just does nothing for me at all--never has. Give me Witcher 3 and presumably Cyberpunk 2077 all day long. Now those are games worthy of the appellation! This looks like penny arcade fare with delusions of grandeur...;)

12 hours is usually all I want in a linear campaign game - it's about perfect. Some of my favorite games fell nicely into that timeframe, and I can think of some that just dragged afterwards.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure if you've played Half Life 2 or Doom 3 lately if the graphics seem similar.

Sep 4, 2019, 16:31
Re: Gears 5 Launch Trailer and Reviews Sep 4, 2019, 16:31
Sep 4, 2019, 16:31

It is well known that I cannot err--and so, if you should happen across an error in anything I have written you can be absolutely sure that *I* did not write it!...;)
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older