Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears

With just over a month remaining before Destiny 2 switches platforms from Battle.net to Steam, Blizzard reminds players of the steps they need to take to make sure they're not left behind. They point the way to a Move FAQ on Bungie.net which has all the details. Here's word:
Destiny 2 developer and publisher, Bungie, has announced that the Destiny 2 service will be transferring to a new PC platform on October 1, 2019.

Blizzard and Bungie are committed to making this transition as simple and seamless as possible for the Destiny 2 PC community.

You will be able to migrate your Guardians, gear, game progress, product licenses and Silver currency balance from Battle.net at no cost. Please note you will lose access to Destiny 2 if you choose not to migrate to the new platform. The last date that Destiny 2 will be accessible via Battle.net is September 30, 2019.
View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike
Sep 1, 2019, 18:03
Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 18:03
Sep 1, 2019, 18:03

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 1, 2019, 10:33:
The shooting mechanics are tight, the movement is a bit floaty, the powers are a bit underwhelming, the loot is mostly blah. Grinding encouraged.

*EDIT* Seems a little unclear from the descriptions, but some of the expansions/seasons from battle.net are NOT going to be in the steam version? Or does that new Expansion cover ALL previous expansions?

Basically it looks like if you missed out on Curse of Osirus, Warmind, Forsaken, you have to buy them off Battle.net before Oct 1st or you cannot get them on Steam? No granular options to just buy Forsaken or whatever seem to exist either. Oh well.

Nope. All players get year 1, CoO & Warmind & all that content for free on October 1st.

Forsaken will be it's own purchase I believe after launch or right now under bnet. I loved forsaken, and the annual pass added some seriously tasty content.
Forsaken content available in Destiny 2: New Light includes:
Free Roam on all Destinations
Strikes Playlists
Crucible Playlists
Gambit and Gambit Prime Playlists
Select Annual Pass content

Which is basically everything except the end game shit and the campaign. They'll probably include the Menagerie and maybe the black armory forges but it's hard to tell.

Free version also gets open roam on the moon from Shadowkeep, the strikes, crucible, and gambit playlists.

Paid shadowkeep includes the campaign & end game content plus 1 3 month "season" of content that ends and retires (some of that campaign will come back in the loot tables). Further seasons will drop for about 10 bucks a pop. You get an accelerated loot schedule if you drop the money and get access to a few modes you wouldn't otherwise get.

As for shitty weapons, that's generally going to be the case for all of the original game. Year 1 weapons are mostly shit. There's a few exceptions circa Warmind and a couple CoO weapons that aren't completely asstastic. Starting with Forsaken the weapons went with the 2.0 where modding became more interesting and most of the exotics got a buff pass. Since Forsaken dropped there have been some psychotic exotics that have dropped and in addition there are now pinnacle weapons- legendaries that don't use up your exotic allotment but still have unique attributes to them.

There's still a significant grind. I think you have to kill something like 3000 mobs to drop an exotic, but with pinnacle weapons, menagerie, and a few other modes, I don't feel like I'm chasing exotics any more.

Shadowkeep is going to completely redo armor, and if I'm not mistaken, introduce transmorg so you can actually look like what you like and get the stats you want. There's a moderately deep armor mod system too that it looks like you slot mods you earn into the armor and level the armor up to get more power for more armor slots. Should be interesting.

And finally, if you haven't played end game Destiny, go to the recruiting subreddit and find a casual clan to join. The raids are a blast. Menagerie is basically a mini-raid where you never wipe, you just cycle through challenges until you score enough points to engage the boss, and it's a good teaser for what raiding is like. Raid is a ton of fun and so far each raid has been really unique in the mechanics.

Finally, they're redoing the microtransaction store so that more cosmetics are behind the paywall. I'm okay with this. So far they've managed to include 3 secret missions that lead to psychotically good (for their era) exotics off of the cosmetic transactions. I'm fine putting more cosmetics behind that paywall if they stick to that.

Sep 1, 2019, 17:49
Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Sep 1, 2019, 17:49
Sep 1, 2019, 17:49

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 12:22:
I picked this up free and have yet to play it. Guess I had better get on it. I haven't logged into Battle.net for a while.

If you haven't played it just sign up on October 1st on Steam. The only reason to play it now is to move a pre-existing character over to Steam.

More content unlocks for the free tier on October 1st.

Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears
Sep 1, 2019, 10:33
Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Sep 1, 2019, 10:33
Sep 1, 2019, 10:33

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 12:22:
I picked this up free and have yet to play it. Guess I had better get on it. I haven't logged into Battle.net for a while.

The shooting mechanics are tight, the movement is a bit floaty, the powers are a bit underwhelming, the loot is mostly blah. Grinding encouraged.

That said, it's been some time since I played my free copy, and I do not have any of the later expansions, just the first two, which are apparently shit.

I'll migrate my stuff over and maybe reinstall to check it out again.

*EDIT* Seems a little unclear from the descriptions, but some of the expansions/seasons from battle.net are NOT going to be in the steam version? Or does that new Expansion cover ALL previous expansions?

Basically it looks like if you missed out on Curse of Osirus, Warmind, Forsaken, you have to buy them off Battle.net before Oct 1st or you cannot get them on Steam? No granular options to just buy Forsaken or whatever seem to exist either. Oh well.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 11:01.

Aug 31, 2019, 12:42
Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 31, 2019, 12:42
Aug 31, 2019, 12:42

I logged in with my bnet and added my steam ID. Not sure the process was really worth complaining about.
"Remember when you were stalking Charles Kuralt because you thought he dug up your garden?"
"Well, something did!"

Aug 31, 2019, 12:22
Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 31, 2019, 12:22
Aug 31, 2019, 12:22

I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Aug 31, 2019, 05:55
Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 31, 2019, 05:55
Aug 31, 2019, 05:55

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 23:31:
What a cluster fuck... Destiny 2 was a milk run and about a 1/5th the content of Destiny 1 in release and now these assholes quit Activision (which is good) so everyone has to move their shit manually? Like why do I have to re-sign up for this?

I just did this and activated the cross-save support after 6 beers. Seemed like a lot of logins and agreements to deal with but compared to modding fucking kerbal or literally ANY OTHER PC ACTIVITY other than watching youtube it seemed quite reasonable, considering it was dealing with multiple platform holders.

Thanks for the news Blue, didn't realise I had a month to do it or lose my game! This is going to catch a lot of motherfukers out.

Aug 31, 2019, 01:32
Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Aug 31, 2019, 01:32
Aug 31, 2019, 01:32

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 23:31:
What a cluster fuck... Destiny 2 was a milk run and about a 1/5th the content of Destiny 1 in release and now these assholes quit Activision (which is good) so everyone has to move their shit manually? Like why do I have to re-sign up for this?

Oh for fuck sake do you want some cheese with your whine?
You log in with your battle.net creds, you associate with your steam account, you wipe hands on pants. Literally takes 15 seconds. And as for why you have to log in I doubt Bungie is a fucking mind-reader and knows your steam account. Christ.

And it's obvious you aren't playing destiny these days if you're still bitching about launch content. The game has changed massively since then and is about to change massively again. The bitching about how much D2 sucked became out of date and blase literally a year ago.

Aug 30, 2019, 23:31
Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 30, 2019, 23:31
Aug 30, 2019, 23:31

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older