Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month

Steam now offers preorders of The Hunter & The Beast, new DLC coming to Total War: WARHAMMER II on September 11th. This trailer offers a look, and here we have more on the pack:
The Hunter & The Beast is the latest Lords Pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II. Introducing two rival Legendary Lords from the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, each with their own objectives, mechanics, units and playstyle, for use in both the Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires campaigns, and custom/multiplayer battles.

• Two richly themed new Legendary Lords lead their own factions: Markus Wulfhart leads the Huntsmarshal’s Expedition (Empire), and Nakai The Wanderer leads the Spirit of the Jungle
  • Each Legendary Lord brings their own unique faction mechanics, quest-chains, legendary items, skill-trees and campaign narrative
  • Devastating new ranged units, mobile gunpowder batteries and fabled Hunter Heroes for the Huntsmarshal’s Expedition
  • Towering new Dread Saurians, the largest beasts to walk the world of Total War: WARHAMMER, plus new Kroxigors, Razordons and Rites for Spirit of the Jungle
  • New Regiments of Renown to unlock, recruit and field

View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month
Aug 31, 2019, 12:19
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 31, 2019, 12:19
Aug 31, 2019, 12:19

And thanks, verno. You have both given me useful information.

I did some research last night and better understand what the games have and the DLCs provide. I'll buy at the next good sale.
Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

Aug 31, 2019, 08:35
Verno

Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 31, 2019, 08:35
Aug 31, 2019, 08:35
 Verno

TorchMaster wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 20:20:
For any Total War fans out there that have played both Warhammer II and
Three Kingdoms: If you could buy only one of those two, which would it be? I'm not a huge Warhammer fan, though I played the hell out of 40k Dawn of War (1). I read that Three Kingdoms pretty much perfected the Total War model. I haven't played Total War in quite a few years, but anxious to get into it again.

I strongly disagree with Erasers take on Three Kingdoms but they're both great games so you can't really go wrong either way. If it was me I would probably start with Warhammer II just because Three Kingdoms has a lot of QOL improvements and far better performance, you can't miss what you don't know You don't need all of the DLC with Warhammer, just the base game is fine to get going until you see if its your cup of tea or not. Play Vortex, its got a little mini campaign with quests and etc.
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Aug 31, 2019, 03:05
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 31, 2019, 03:05
Aug 31, 2019, 03:05

Thanks for the opinion, eraser.

I had no idea about the WH1 DLCs transferring up to WH2. I suppose that makes the many DLCs less egregious.

I've been waiting for a killer sale (while I work through my backlog). There was a decent sale last week, but I decided not to pull the trigger.

Aug 30, 2019, 23:12
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 23:12
Aug 30, 2019, 23:12

TorchMaster wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 20:20:
Three Kingdoms: If you could buy only one of those two, which would it be? I'm not a huge Warhammer fan, though I played the hell out of 40k Dawn of War (1). I read that Three Kingdoms pretty much perfected the Total War model. I haven't played Total War in quite a few years, but anxious to get into it again.

There is no easy way to answer that. What you do like about Total War games? Is it unique different campaign goals, factions, unit rosters? Epic battles with magic, fireballs, dragons, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay crazier shit?
Then Warhammer 2 is the game to get. After you played it all other Total War games are forever bland.

And secondly right now you shouldn't buy anything. Since there is no sale.

Thirdly, if you buy Warhammer at all then buy it in a pack on sale (especially WH1+DLC). Because Mortal Empires is where we most fun is (it's a free DLC, but it has requirements), Vortex campaign is what you play once with each race and then forget it is an option in the campaign menu because you never click it again. But to get Mortal Empires, you need to own WH1 and WH2 (And for the final mega empire campaign, WH3 too) + all DLC's from all of those games gets transfered "up the chain" so to speak. So WH1 DLC isn't just for WH1, it's also for WH2 Mortal Empires... so yeah...

3K is in every and all most ways inferior to Warhammer 2. Only thing that is obviously way better in 3K is sieges. Visually 3K is even a step back.

Aug 30, 2019, 20:20
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 20:20
Aug 30, 2019, 20:20

Aug 30, 2019, 16:26
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 16:26
Aug 30, 2019, 16:26

Fion wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 13:00:
Good to hear, I was hoping it'd be greenskins too. But I'm glad to hear the next DLC will update them (darkelf was unexpected but cool news). And of course chaos & beastmen will get their love in the rumored chaos-focused WH3.

Nakai is gonna be a beast, and the dread saurian is gonna be so fun to use! I just hope it doesn't make the other dinos obsolete. Knowing the Lizardfolk economy, he'll be so expensive you'll probably have to choose between him and a dino stack. :p

Having a playable Empire faction in the new world is gonna be sick. Can't wait for this DLC!

Don't get too hyped about that. It ain't exactly defined whether it will be Dark Elf or High Elf or Wood Elf.... I only know elf/orc is the next lord pack. But what faction remains to be seen. I'd say Wood Elves need that rework way more. DE just needs a few more units.

Aug 30, 2019, 13:00
Fion

Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 13:00
Aug 30, 2019, 13:00
 Fion

Good to hear, I was hoping it'd be greenskins too. But I'm glad to hear the next DLC will update them (darkelf was unexpected but cool news). And of course chaos & beastmen will get their love in the rumored chaos-focused WH3.

Nakai is gonna be a beast, and the dread saurian is gonna be so fun to use! I just hope it doesn't make the other dinos obsolete. Knowing the Lizardfolk economy, he'll be so expensive you'll probably have to choose between him and a dino stack. :p

Having a playable Empire faction in the new world is gonna be sick. Can't wait for this DLC!

Aug 30, 2019, 12:46
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 12:46
Aug 30, 2019, 12:46

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 12:39:
Fuck.. was hoping they would rebalance the greenskins

According to the plan they gave Greenskin and Dark Elf faction rework is gonna be the last paid DLC (well, the rework will be a patch, the faction lord pack will be the DLC). The horde rework for this patch is the base for things to come given it fixes one of the most inane aspects of hordes.

So if you wait you shall be gifted what you seek.

Aug 30, 2019, 12:39
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 12:39
Aug 30, 2019, 12:39

Fuck.. was hoping they would rebalance the greenskins

Aug 30, 2019, 12:10
Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 12:10
Aug 30, 2019, 12:10

Dread Saurians? Hell yeah.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older