Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity

There's a new twist in the discussion of whether DARQ will be sold on the Epic Games Store (thanks Verno). Unfold Games tweets that if Epic chooses to offer their game without exclusivity they will donate 100% of their EGS revenue to a charity of the game community's choosing. This comes in response to a tweet from Tim Sweeney saying, "We’re happy to see DARQ succeed because it’s a great game and it deserves succees [sic]. That’s why we contacted them to explore exclusivity. 😜" This all follows a recent exchange where Unfold turned down an offer to sell DARQ exclusively on the Epic Games Store because they'd already committed to releasing the game on Steam. Here is the tweet from Unfold Games, which has drawn a number of comments both positive and negative calling it a canny move to generate publicity:
Tim, I’m glad to hear that. If you change your mind and accept DARQ to your store non-exclusively, I’ll donate 100% of my EGS revenue to a charity. If you accept, the charity can be picked by the gaming’s community at a later date.
View : : :

Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity
Aug 27, 2019, 12:05
Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity Aug 27, 2019, 12:05
Aug 27, 2019, 12:05

Oh my God!
Date
Subject
Author
Aug 27, 2019Aug 27 2019
Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity