Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Saturday Mobilization

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 26, 2019, 15:48 Razumen

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 11:10:
Razumen wrote on Aug 25, 2019, 21:44:
Verno wrote on Aug 25, 2019, 08:28:
I thought it would be a bigger deal than it was, don't really miss the port. Switched to bluetooth and life goes on. It ain't comin back.

Except it did, and has, for a lot of phones.

2 is a lot? Either way, I don't think it's going to be a long term thing anymore. I don't really care how I get my audio, its just a port. I was more annoyed before we had decent wireless options but those exist now so /shrug.

Much more than 2, and wired is never going to go away completely, it's a sticking point for a LOT of people-just like how wired mouses are still a thing, and for good reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 26, 2019, 11:10 Verno

Razumen wrote on Aug 25, 2019, 21:44:
I thought it would be a bigger deal than it was, don't really miss the port. Switched to bluetooth and life goes on. It ain't comin back.

2 is a lot? Either way, I don't think it's going to be a long term thing anymore. I don't really care how I get my audio, its just a port. I was more annoyed before we had decent wireless options but those exist now so /shrug.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 25, 2019, 21:44 Razumen

9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 25, 2019, 08:28 Verno

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 18:04 Simon Says

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 18:02:
They should ask "Do you want to have a dongle that you can lose so you can do more than one thing with your phone or do you want your phone to have more than one port?"
Acceptable answers include.
A. Yes
B. False
C. All of the Above.
and D. 42

Or "Do you want to quickly trash your USB port with your dongle?"

7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 18:02 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 17:54:
Simon Says wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 15:09:

But ask the question this way instead: "Do you prefer to have a headphone jack or not?"

And the "yes" percentage will be way higher than 1%.

Well yeah, which is why surveys designed to gauge the importance of features to consumers aren't supposed to ask questions like that. "Do you prefer a headphone jack or not?" is a bad question because you're asking a feature-hungry consumer to choose whether they want one more feature or not.

It's like if someone asked me if I wanted free sushi or not. I don't feel like eating sushi right now. It might just sit in the fridge and go bad. But if you force me to make a choice, I'm going to choose to take the sushi. It doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer something else if given the choice, and it sure doesn't make it my favorite food.

You could ask if they wanted an RJ-11 jack on there and get much higher than 1%.
They should ask "Do you want to have a dongle that you can lose so you can do more than one thing with your phone or do you want your phone to have more than one port?"
Acceptable answers include.
A. Yes
B. False
C. All of the Above.
and D. 42

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 17:54 NKD

But ask the question this way instead: "Do you prefer to have a headphone jack or not?"

Well yeah, which is why surveys designed to gauge the importance of features to consumers aren't supposed to ask questions like that. "Do you prefer a headphone jack or not?" is a bad question because you're asking a feature-hungry consumer to choose whether they want one more feature or not.

It's like if someone asked me if I wanted free sushi or not. I don't feel like eating sushi right now. It might just sit in the fridge and go bad. But if you force me to make a choice, I'm going to choose to take the sushi. It doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer something else if given the choice, and it sure doesn't make it my favorite food.

You could ask if they wanted an RJ-11 jack on there and get much higher than 1%.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 16:58 jdreyer

Just because it's not a top feature doesn't mean it's not a make or break feature.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 16:57 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 14:09:
'Headphone Jack' sounds like an indie game.

That was the villain from Borderlands 2.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 15:25 RedEye9

Trying to draw a conclusion that removing headphone jacks are no big deal based on a survey that wasn't intended to know if people prefer to have one or not.

How many other things are higher in priority? A crapload.

This is pure misleading horseshit, I'm surprised it was even posted here.

Blue, your standards are slipping :P.
Occasionally he has been known to include a link I've submitted. So clearly his standards are questionable. Wink

When it comes to articles like this, I don't even bother clicking on the link.

EDIT
Only now did I even bother to hover over the link (long press on android) and noticed it was a wccftech url. nuff said Grin

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 15:09 Simon Says

Trying to draw a conclusion that removing headphone jacks are no big deal based on a survey that wasn't intended to know if people prefer to have one or not.

How many other things are higher in priority? A crapload.

This is pure misleading horseshit, I'm surprised it was even posted here.

Blue, your standards are slipping :P.

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2019, 14:09 RedEye9

'Headphone Jack' sounds like an indie game.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo