Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed

Epic Games announces B.R.U.T.E. balance adjustments for Fortnite, saying changes are now live in all game modes without a new client download. In addition to finally nerfing the controversial (if not outright hated) mechs in the battle royale game, they are also disabling the Junk Rift. The Junk Rift was added to partially counter B.R.U.T.E.s, but they say the removal is temporary, as is due to an audio issue, rather than game balance. Here's word:

We have made several adjustments to the B.R.U.T.E., these changes are now live in all game modes and you do not need to download or patch your client.

We will also be temporarily disabling the Junk Rift for this weekend's FNCS tournament and Arena playlists until the 10.20 update.

B.R.U.T.E.

• Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
  • Decreased the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
    • Our goal with these changes is to increase the back and forth between the users of the B.R.U.T.E. and the players they face. These changes allow the players on the receiving end of the missile volley to have more time to react and protect themselves.
  • Decreased the radius of the B.R.U.T.E.’s rocket explosion by 42%.
    • Our goal with this change is to improve consistency and understanding around focused barrages of missiles. B.R.U.T.E.s will continue to be a strong option against structures, but less lethal against players.
  • Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • The previous dash cooldown not only increased the B.R.U.T.E.’s mobility, but also made the B.R.U.T.E.s a harder target to hit from distance than we’d like. The adjustment here reduces the ability to close gaps quickly while in the B.R.U.T.E. while also increasing the ability to land shots on target for players facing the B.R.U.T.E.
  • Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in air by 33%.
    • We want to reduce a B.R.U.T.E.’s ability to engage and disengage at long distances to encourage a more strategic approach to an encounter. In general we hope to shift B.R.U.T.E.s away from being highly mobile and put more emphasis on their already defensive nature.
  • The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment.
    • Note: This change should roll out shortly following the other changes.
    • Our goal is to add more tension between being in and out of a B.R.U.T.E. as well as reduce instances where players can farm faster than intended without exposing themselves to danger.
  • Adjusted the variability of spawn rates for storm phases 1, 2, and 3 in core modes. Arena spawn rates will remain unchanged.
    • Storm phase 1
      • New spawn rates
        • 29% chance to spawn 0.
        • 14.3% chance to spawn 1.
        • 14.3% chance to spawn 2.
        • 14.3% chance to spawn 3.
        • 14.3% chance to spawn 4.
        • 14.3% chance to spawn 5.
      • Old spawn rates
        • 33% chance to spawn 2.
        • 33% chance to spawn 3.
        • 33% chance to spawn 4.
    • Storm phase 2
      • New spawn rates
        • 25% chance to spawn 0.
        • 25% chance to spawn 1.
        • 25% chance to spawn 2.
        • 25% chance to spawn 3.
      • Old spawn rates
        • 33% chance to spawn 2.
        • 33% chance to spawn 3.
        • 33% chance to spawn 4.
    • Storm phase 3
      • New spawn rates
        • 25% chance to spawn 0.
        • 25% chance to spawn 1.
        • 25% chance to spawn 2.
        • 25% chance to spawn 3.
      • Old spawn rates
        • 33% chance to spawn 1.
        • 33% chance to spawn 2.
        • 33% chance to spawn 3.
    • Previously, the early stages of a match were guaranteed a minimum amount of B.R.U.T.E.s. We’d like to provide a little more variance to that experience so that matches don’t always play out the same way. The overall average number of B.R.U.T.E.s per game is reduced slightly.
  • Decreased the material cost of using the gunner’s overshield from 200 to 75.
    • Our goal is to further emphasize use of materials for positive defensive benefit.
  • Increased the Health of the B.R.U.T.E from 1000 to 1250.
    • With the above changes, users of the B.R.U.T.E. need to play a bit more strategic than before, so we want to give a little bit longer of a window to do so.

Junk Rift

• The Junk Rift has been temporarily removed from Arena playlists.
    • This is due to an audio issue caused when the portal is significantly higher than a player.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 24, 2019, 03:24 jdreyer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 01:40:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 14:01:
Most popular game on the planet, and no one on this site cares. Love it.

"...let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'..."

Zero fucks given about Fortnite. Now HW3? All kinds of jazzed about that.

Yeah, its the only RTS I am still interested in. Even a new C&C or RA wouldnt interest me. But a new HW? Hell yeah!
The last one was awesome already, just far too short.
Maybe another Supreme Commander would interest me too, but only if they would base it on SC1 and not SC2.

Yes, SupCom 3 done in the vein of SupCom 1, but with modular units you can build yourself.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 24, 2019, 01:40 Muscular Beaver

Yeah, its the only RTS I am still interested in. Even a new C&C or RA wouldnt interest me. But a new HW? Hell yeah!
The last one was awesome already, just far too short.
Maybe another Supreme Commander would interest me too, but only if they would base it on SC1 and not SC2.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

18. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 19:27 Drayth

Prez wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 15:46:
That has to be hurting viewership.

Actually, hearing that professionals are rage quitting over these got me to start watching Fortnite vids one evening. They're kinda hilarious.

17. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:29 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 18:08:
That makes more sense, but a Google of HW3 did not show Homeworld 3 as a result...

The teaser trailer dropped two days ago and there hasn't been an official "Homeworld 3 is on the way" announcement yet.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

16. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 18:06:
I'd never heard of it. According to the title its a computer that drives itself, not quite sure why one would need such a new fangled contraption.

Gracias!

15. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:08 Mr. Tact

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:19:
No, mi amigo, I am talking about what seems to be Homeworld 3 in the works at BBI.
That makes more sense, but a Google of HW3 did not show Homeworld 3 as a result...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 18:06 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:19:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:07:
Now HW3? All kinds of jazzed about that.
Err, what? Is there another HW3 or are you talking about Tesla?

Eh..no? I don't even know what "Tesla" refers to outside of a Elon Musk's company and, of course, the greatest inventor in human history.

No, mi amigo, I am talking about what seems to be Homeworld 3 in the works at BBI. Checkout the teaser trailer here,
Tesla’s New HW3 Self-Driving Computer — It’s A Beast
I'd never heard of it. According to the title its a computer that drives itself, not quite sure why one would need such a new fangled contraption.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:57 Kxmode

"you brute! you brute! you brute! you filthy brute!"
"there. there."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:30 jdreyer

It's mind-boggling to me that they would leave the mechs in for tournaments. That has to be hurting viewership. People who watch esports generally do so because they admire the level of skill the top players exhibit, so why include an element that negates the skill players? Two popular streamers rage-quitting the latest tournament because of the mechs can't be helping either.

You might not want it to be entirely skill based. A little random element makes it more interesting if the result is not a fait accompli.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:19 Burrito of Peace

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 17:07:

Eh..no? I don't even know what "Tesla" refers to outside of a Elon Musk's company and, of course, the greatest inventor in human history.

No, mi amigo, I am talking about what seems to be Homeworld 3 in the works at BBI. Checkout the teaser trailer here,

10. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:07 Mr. Tact

9. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:02 Burrito of Peace

8. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 16:10 chickenboo

It's mind-boggling to me that they would leave the mechs in for tournaments. That has to be hurting viewership. People who watch esports generally do so because they admire the level of skill the top players exhibit, so why include an element that negates the skill players? Two popular streamers rage-quitting the latest tournament because of the mechs can't be helping either.

Yeah, it sounds equivalent to if Quake randomly dropped quad damage on players, such that you didn't have to fight for the quad spawn, you simply randomly got it or not. That's basically the system they seem to have here.

But the mech was all about increasing ease of access to new players so that everyone has an opportunity to win, regardless of skill level. Which is ridiculous of course. It's just a sign of the slide downward in quality for Fortnite, chasing user numbers and engagement numbers in favor of building a lasting community. See also WoW, SW:G, EQ...

7. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 16:05 Cutter

These things are the virtual equivalent of participation medals. No one likes them and they're humiliating to the people that get them. I used to play on a top notch CS server where I got owned way more than I owned but it consequently really upped my skills. So much so I used to get accused of haxxoring all the time when I'd drop in on some scrub server. When I'd get frustrated from getting my ass kicked on that server I'd go to one where it was more balanced and more fun. Why the hell aren't people doing that with these BR games? No private/moderated servers I'm guessing? Everything is based on their fucked up match algorithms?

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 15:46 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 15:05 Rhett

I think there were at least two people that dropped out of a recent fortnite tournament due to this thing, too, wasn't there?

Vaguely related, but I was kinda disgusted seeing an ad for a new skin bundle for fortnite on youtube (on roku, adblock all the way!). 60 seconds of one picture showcasing a new paid skin bundle for that garbage. Probably mostly intended for kids.

Not sure why I'm surprised, when Epic keeps lowering the bar every week.

4. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 14:29 jacobvandy

I do think it's amusing how people have bitched about this new and temporary feature enough that there's news about it once or twice a week. It's probably a lot of the same people who complain about the game they play 80 hours a week getting stale, which is what prompts them to experiment with such changes.  

3. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 14:17 Mr. Tact

Never played candy crush, yet somehow I don't feel like I've missed out -- which pretty much describes how I feel about Fortnite.  

2. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 14:05 RedEye9

We've done aged out of massive multiplayer on-line teen twitchfests.
Candy Crush is where it's at.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

1. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 14:01 jdreyer

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo