Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Patches

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 09:35 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 07:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 22:29:
I've had real eggs and beef but never tried real pig. The thought of homemade bacon from a real pig is making me wet where I pee.

You won't be able to do any of that stuff in Canada, it's all frozen tundra and permafrost once you're past the wall.

Two years ago, we swapped some excess beef for some heritage pork and it was amazing. I love bacon but, in general, I was not a big fan of pork. The heritage pork changed my mind. So, so tasty. I would highly recommend it if you have never had it. The bacon we got as part of the swap was thick cut but still nearly melted in your mouth.

Pffft, says you! Mrs B. could grow an orange tree in the Arctic in a seven year blizzard I would be willing to wager.
A lady out here raises heritage turkeys. The chicken-nugget crowd don't know what they're missing. Best thanksgiving ever. Chef

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 07:37 Burrito of Peace

I've had real eggs and beef but never tried real pig. The thought of homemade bacon from a real pig is making me wet where I pee.

You won't be able to do any of that stuff in Canada, it's all frozen tundra and permafrost once you're past the wall.

Two years ago, we swapped some excess beef for some heritage pork and it was amazing. I love bacon but, in general, I was not a big fan of pork. The heritage pork changed my mind. So, so tasty. I would highly recommend it if you have never had it. The bacon we got as part of the swap was thick cut but still nearly melted in your mouth.

Pffft, says you! Mrs B. could grow an orange tree in the Arctic in a seven year blizzard I would be willing to wager.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

22. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 06:58 Verno

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 23:57:
No, I got it, you're just promoting a lifestyle of intellectual laziness and helplessness under the false presumption that everything is hard simply because you apparently condone apathy. I rebutted the obvious fallacy of that belief.

So, I'll wait until you can catch up and we can continue this discussion as capable adults.

No, you're apparently rambling to yourself about your DIY skills (talk is cheap online) and defending your little forum worshipper. The point that you somehow managed to miss even though it was explicitly made is that it is entirely unreasonable to expect people not to discuss or criticize a product even though they haven't personally created it. And frankly welcome to the internet where people will do it regardless.

And circling back to the original discussion before you start talking about cows again - OpticNerve was right, they need a better Q/A process which they've admitted already.

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

21. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 04:07 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 01:44:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 23:28:
afka Rossini wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 11:47:
Yay! NMS 2.09 has the key bind fix.
About time. Now I can finally start exploring this game.
So far it looks really great and extremely complex and deep. Probably will take me 500 hours to see and achieve everything. And thats a good thing.
Only annoying thing I noticed so far is the asteroid fields. They are far too many.

It pretty much looks like a different game since last I played it (2016). Lets hope they add even more things, like being able to design and build your own ships.

Get the Asteroid Fields mod by Lo2k on Nexus Mods. It makes them less frequent and makes their density a little more reasonable. Also increases the draw distance so they don't pop up on you even when flying at normal speed...

Does it fix their look? I get tired of seeing moldy Cheetos.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2019, 01:44 NKD

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 23:28:
So far it looks really great and extremely complex and deep. Probably will take me 500 hours to see and achieve everything. And thats a good thing.
Only annoying thing I noticed so far is the asteroid fields. They are far too many.

It pretty much looks like a different game since last I played it (2016). Lets hope they add even more things, like being able to design and build your own ships.

Get the Asteroid Fields mod by Lo2k on Nexus Mods. It makes them less frequent and makes their density a little more reasonable. Also increases the draw distance so they don't pop up on you even when flying at normal speed...

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

19. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 23:57 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 22:12:
*WOOSH* and there it goes!

No, I got it, you're just promoting a lifestyle of intellectual laziness and helplessness under the false presumption that everything is hard simply because you apparently condone apathy. I rebutted the obvious fallacy of that belief.

So, I'll wait until you can catch up and we can continue this discussion as capable adults.

18. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 23:28 Muscular Beaver

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

17. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 23:13 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 17:59:
Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 16:13:
No worries, go farm your own food, build your own house, car...

Funny you should mention those three things. We do farm a large majority of our own food including fruits, vegetables, and meats (chicken and beef as of now. Pork next year). Building a home isn't difficult at all, especially when there are sites like this available to everyone with internet access. I added an additional 1500 sq. ft. to my current home since I purchased it twenty years ago. I've also built my own vehicle from the frame up. Now, if you wanted to talk "designed the frame, engine, etc", then you could do that too. There was a recently a story where a guy designed and built his own steam powered motorcycle.

Everything is easy, nothing is specialized.

In the modern day, things are much, much easier than ever before.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. -Robert Heinlein
The Heinein quote is tits.

Just for the next few years. After that, the Yukon Territory will have the climate of Kansas.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

16. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 22:29 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 17:59:

Funny you should mention those three things. We do farm a large majority of our own food including fruits, vegetables, and meats (chicken and beef as of now. Pork next year). Building a home isn't difficult at all, especially when there are sites like this available to everyone with internet access. I added an additional 1500 sq. ft. to my current home since I purchased it twenty years ago. I've also built my own vehicle from the frame up. Now, if you wanted to talk "designed the frame, engine, etc", then you could do that too. There was a recently a story where a guy designed and built his own steam powered motorcycle.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. -Robert Heinlein
The Heinein quote is tits.

15. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 22:22 RedEye9

They started patching on the 14th and ~9 days later they are still crunching em out. Impressive  

14. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 22:12 Verno

*WOOSH* and there it goes!  

13. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 21:03 jdreyer

No worries, go farm your own food, build your own house, car and etc too while you're at it. Everything is easy, nothing is specialized. Just so you're entitled to comment about it on the internet

Or we can just accept that people don't need to build an equivalent model of something to discuss it. Just maybe the more rational approach.

Hey, man. YouTube exists for a reason, to make me an expert at everything.

12. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 17:59 Burrito of Peace

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2019, 18:14.

11. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 17:14 afka Rossini

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 14:11:
WaltC wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 12:41:
HG did a good job restoring the function

HG did a HORRIBLE job of finally fixing this. It took them how long to finally make key binds work? Non-working keybinds was reported right away in various NMS forums when Beyond was first released and they were working perfectly fine prior to the patch.

Make no mistake, I'm glad that they're constantly patching NMS but they should have implemented all of these changes (VR, Vulkan-only, the MP Nexus, QoL changes) gradually or with a lot of beta-testing rather than releasing it all at one time to hype up gaming sites and breaking so many simple things that were working just fine prior to the Beyond patch.
To me something as obvious as the broken keybind UI should never have made it past QA. But, it did. So it becomes a question of triage and I can't fault HG for addressing other issues before this one. The game was/is still playable. Bugs that trash players saves, lock them out of bases, cause freezes or crashes understandably should take priority.

10. removed Aug 22, 2019, 16:27 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 22, 2019, 16:40.

9. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 16:13 Verno

No worries, go farm your own food, build your own house, car and etc too while you're at it. Everything is easy, nothing is specialized. Just so you're entitled to comment about it on the internet

Or we can just accept that people don't need to build an equivalent model of something to discuss it. Just maybe the more rational approach.

8. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 15:57 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 14:53:
Don't like your new videocard? GO MAKE ONE NOOB HAHA!!1

That's not a particularly challenging statement. Any high school level electronics student should be able to plan out a frame buffer device. Even something like the Mali architecture isn't that complex. They could even probably handle a CPU on the level of an 8080, 8088, or 6800.

However, programming has an even lower barrier to entry. A middle school aged child who has some experience in C++ or Python could handle a function call. Especially when that function call previously existed but was clearly broken by a regression. That's old fashioned bug hunting.

Today, right now, I could do my own OS based around the Linux kernel with relative ease and have something functional in about 6 months. If I used pre-existing libraries, packages, and binaries, I could have it done in about 6 weeks...8 if I wanted to include a driver manager for hardware from vendors like Nvidia, Realtek, Broadcom, etc that required closed source, proprietary drivers.

7. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 14:53 Verno

The idea that you can't criticize something unless you're an expert in the subject yourself is reductive and fruitless, not to mention it renders easily half of the posts you've made here moot

Next time you complain about anything ever, remember that you require have a formal background and years of experience in the subject lol.

Don't like your new videocard? GO MAKE ONE NOOB HAHA!!1

6. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 14:19 RedEye9

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 14:11:

HG did a HORRIBLE job of finally fixing this. It took them how long to finally make key binds work? Non-working keybinds was reported right away in various NMS forums when Beyond was first released and they were working perfectly fine prior to the patch.

Make no mistake, I'm glad that they're constantly patching NMS but they should have implemented all of these changes (VR, Vulkan-only, the MP Nexus, QoL changes) gradually or with a lot of beta-testing rather than releasing it all at one time to hype up gaming sites and breaking so many simple things that were working just fine prior to the Beyond patch.
I take it you do a lot of programming and developing so you obviously know how easy it is to troubleshoot and fix things. You're in luck because Hello Games is hiring experienced people like yourself. http://www.hellogames.org/jobs/

5. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 14:11 OpticNerve

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo