Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Tech Bits

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 17:50 RedEye9

https://www.apple.com/apple-card/

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 17:36 jdreyer

MattyC wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 07:37:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 04:13:
whitelined wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 14:59:
I'm awaiting the iWallet from Apple, probable features include space for one credit card.

The iWallet's custom sleeve only accepts the uniquely sized iCard. If you want to store a different card in your iWallet, you're out of luck. That's what the Android Wallet is for.

I don't want to take away anything from people mocking this, please continue. I await a wonderful American Psycho business card parody!

However, isn't the phone's wallet app called iWallet? I think it might be, and the card itself is literally just for show - you use your phone for actual purchases. Then again, maybe you can use the card along with your phone to make sure they know you have an iCard.

Hmm, it has a chip embedded so I assume you use it like any other card. I'm sure Apple requires it to be linked to an Apple account, so you're probably right. I'm a total non-Apple user, so have no idea.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 10:21 Verno

However, isn't the phone's wallet app called iWallet? I think it might be, and the card itself is literally just for show - you use your phone for actual purchases. Then again, maybe you can use the card along with your phone to make sure they know you have an iCard.

Yeah the Apple Wallet already exists and is digital in nature. The physical card is just a backup in case Apple Pay doesn't work and you have to specifically order it. The card is a silly status symbol type thing.

Apple/Android Pay are awesome, I rarely use physical cards anymore.

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 07:37 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2019, 04:13:
I'm awaiting the iWallet from Apple, probable features include space for one credit card.

The iWallet's custom sleeve only accepts the uniquely sized iCard. If you want to store a different card in your iWallet, you're out of luck. That's what the Android Wallet is for.

I don't want to take away anything from people mocking this, please continue. I await a wonderful American Psycho business card parody!

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2019, 04:13 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Morning Patches Aug 22, 2019, 21:59 TheBigVlad

Imagine taking a girl out on a date to a restaurant and have a nice dinner. Everyone's having a good time. But when it comes time to pay, it's all ruined when you pull out your flimsy plastic non-Apple credit card, and she recoils in horror and disgust at your uncivilized barbarism. She demands a ride home and never speaks to you again. You don't want to be that guy. Be cultured. Choose Apple.  

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 19:06 RedEye9

Apple has been in touch with Sheldon Brown, the famed designer of the ShelBroCo Bicycle Chain Cleaning System to see if he would design a similar kit for cleaning the titanium card.

I'm getting mine hard chrome plated.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 18:06 chickenboo

I thought this credit card seemed somewhat superfluous but now they've come up with a way to make your damn credit card a fashion statement piece. Watch as people argue about whether to buy a clear plastic sleeve protector to house their credit card to save it from scratches, or if they prefer to "take the risk" and not "sully" the card with a protector so they can better show off their fashionable credit card - just like their iPhone!  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 17:32 Cutter

$1000 no doubt.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 17:09 RedEye9

In Apples defense the iWallet is made from imported French Linen.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 14:59 whitelined

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 11:18 Verno

I'm sure what's worse, people caring too much that the card might be discolored or Apple not even testing it. Either way who cares, it's such a non-issue.  

Playing: Control, Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 11:03 RedEye9

best comment
Only Apple could make a credit card with care instructions.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2019, 10:45 MattyC

I have never had a wallet that wasn't leather. I guess I have never ever bought a wallet either. They were always gifts. That said, what they are talking about can happen with anything metal pressed against leather. Other than a mini ruler / screwdriver card I haven't ever put anything that was metal, but not change, in a wallet...  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo