Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Op Ed

TNW - Damn near everyone is queer in the Borderlands franchise and I'm here for it.
"While no company is perfect, Gearbox has consistently aspired to be an ally to the LGBTQIA+ community. In fact, as the headline suggests, damn near everyone in the Borderlands universe falls under the LGBTQIA+ banner — at least if you assume that the number of explicitly queer characters is indicative of the fictional universe’s unmentioned citizens’ sexual identity.

This overall queerness even includes a couple of playable main characters. Remember Axton, the cute Commando you can play as in Borderlands 2? He’s bisexual. And Athena, the beautiful shield-wielding Gladiator you can main in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel? She’s a lesbian. FL4K would bring us up to three playables if they turn out to be canonically representative of the LGBT community."

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

3. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 15:35 NKD

It is a robot. By default, if by some odd chance it had an interest in the messy business of human reproduction, it should be omnisexual as it lacks the hormones and neurotyping of we walking bags of meat and water.

What are you even talking about? The article says nothing about the robot wanting to bang anyone, or having a sexual preference of any kind. It says the robot's gender identity is non-binary. If I have to tell you why the concept of a non-binary computer is a funny you're on the wrong website. Then again this is a site where I'm pretty sure about 1% of us actually read the articles, and maybe another 9% on top of that at least skim them.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 15:29 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 15:00:
I don't care where on the OMGWTFBBQ flag color chart you land on, because that is your business and none of my concern, but giving gender and sexuality identity to a robot is pants on head retarded.

It is a robot. By default, if by some odd chance it had an interest in the messy business of human reproduction, it should be omnisexual as it lacks the hormones and neurotyping of we walking bags of meat and water.

If anything, this looks like blatant pandering to win internet brownie points and it is both shallow and pathetic.

I agree, gendered robots ruin the milsim realism the BL franchise is known for.

On the other hand, we've had gay robots since C3PO.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Op Ed Aug 17, 2019, 15:00 Burrito of Peace

I don't care where on the OMGWTFBBQ flag color chart you land on, because that is your business and none of my concern, but giving gender and sexuality identity to a robot is pants on head retarded.

If anything, this looks like blatant pandering to win internet brownie points and it is both shallow and pathetic.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo