Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Epic Games Store Adds Features

Epic Games announces some new features being rolled out for the fledgling Epic Games Store. This includes Cloud Saves, Humble Bundle keyless integration, and a facelift for product pages. They offer a list of games that now support cloud saves, and explain why cloud saves are not yet universally available: "We’re working with the developers of other released games to test cloud saves, and will be enabling more games over time. Upcoming games that support Cloud Saves will have them enabled at launch!" They also outline plans for future changes:

What’s Next?

•  We rolled out For Honor with an improved installation experience, reducing the total time to install and the amount of disk space required. We’ll be looking to update our existing Ubisoft titles to use this new tech next.
  • Some of you have already noticed that we’ve been rolling out new Epic-hosted videos on store pages. This provides the ability for better curation when you’re browsing the store, as well as giving more control to developers (i.e. the type of content they show for their games).
  • We’re in the final stages of rolling out special patch optimization for developers. The optimization reduces patch download sizes significantly, saving you time when updating games on the Epic Games store and allowing you to hop back into the games you enjoy.
  • For our next steps, we’ll be finishing our QA passes and polishing our documentation for our developers as we get it into their hands. For those interested, we’ll be writing a technical blog on how this works, so keep an eye out.
  • A new look and design are coming to your game libraries. The first update in this process will include a “list view” which will display more of your game library on screen at once. You will be able to sort, filter and access games in your library quicker and easier. We want to make navigating to the games you want to play seamless.
  • Our new playtime tracking feature is also right around the corner! This feature is a critical piece for self-service refunds. This gives you the ability to precisely track playtime on the games you own and that’s important because it helps you determine when you’re eligible to submit for a refund on new game purchases.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 17, 2019, 13:51 Acleacius

Right, all epic had to do was do it on their own merits, not attacking others. They can't start a fight, then not expect people to call them out for starting the fight.

"It's their fault!"
..but you don't even have a functioning store.
"They charge too much"
..but your literally bribing the industry to cover up your fraud and bullying gamers to force them to be your customers.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 14:49 Verno

Nullity wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 14:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 21:40:
Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn
But they mostly don't.

Hot damn, that's a thread ender there. Well played sir.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

31. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 14:05 Nullity

Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn
But they mostly don't.

30. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 14:00 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:07:
MSFT went to PC devs because it's what they knew.
Playstation and Nintendo also get third party exclusives, but people here care less, because it's from console devs.

Whether first-party or third-party, those companies help fund the development of a game, so they have a right to request or make the game exclusive to their platform. Most gamers understand that. We're not talking or complaining about first-party exclusives on first-party platforms, or third-party funded platform exclusives. We're talking about Epic - who has NOT funded a third-party game - bribing the publisher to only sell their game on the Epic Games Store. Make sure your common sense is sharp before you spout meaningless BS.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

29. removed Aug 16, 2019, 13:57 RedEye9

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2019, 14:01.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

28. removed Aug 16, 2019, 13:45 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2019, 14:01.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

27. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 12:07 Beamer

Acleacius wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 12:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 06:04:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 05:42:
Let's copy the other guys we trash all the time, to justify our anti competitive and sociopathic practices !
There is a poster here who won't be happy if EGS attains feature parity with the other color store front, yet thinks that is exactly what should have happened on day 1. Some folks have to have something to bitch about, it's in their dna.
#NotMyTribe
I understand, it probably doesn't seem fair. I complained when ea and ubi started their stores too, only because they were trying to force themselves into the community with exclusivity. I.e. ME2 dlc was the biggest issue for me, not to mention their stupid biobucks or whatever they were called.

Personally my sarcasm comes from the harm being done to game development. This is very similar to what m$ did back in 2000 by bribing developers to start making xbox games to justify their console system. They dumped at least 10 billion dollars bribing and bullying their system into existence. It caused irreplaceable harm to PC gaming for nearly 10 years. There was a huge dry spell and development times were cut sometimes up to 50% just to get a title out. They were the impetus of games often being released in a buggy and unplayable state, even in 2019.

The one positive thing that came from it was the rise of the independent and indie developers, especially in the EU and other countries. Lighter

MSFT went to PC devs because it's what they knew.
Playstation and Nintendo also get third party exclusives, but people here care less, because it's from console devs.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 12:02 Acleacius

Let's copy the other guys we trash all the time, to justify our anti competitive and sociopathic practices !
There is a poster here who won't be happy if EGS attains feature parity with the other color store front, yet thinks that is exactly what should have happened on day 1. Some folks have to have something to bitch about, it's in their dna.
#NotMyTribe
I understand, it probably doesn't seem fair. I complained when ea and ubi started their stores too, only because they were trying to force themselves into the community with exclusivity. I.e. ME2 dlc was the biggest issue for me, not to mention their stupid biobucks or whatever they were called.

Personally my sarcasm comes from the harm being done to game development. This is very similar to what m$ did back in 2000 by bribing developers to start making xbox games to justify their console system. They dumped at least 10 billion dollars bribing and bullying their system into existence. It caused irreplaceable harm to PC gaming for nearly 10 years. There was a huge dry spell and development times were cut sometimes up to 50% just to get a title out. They were the impetus of games often being released in a buggy and unplayable state, even in 2019.

The one positive thing that came from it was the rise of the independent and indie developers, especially in the EU and other countries. Lighter

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

25. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 11:58 CJ_Parker

Simon Says wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 22:25:
Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

Never damned if they'd actually compete on price. Even Uplay does that VS Steam prices.

Anno 2070 CE on Steam 40$ CAD
Anno 2070 CE on Uplay 10$ CAD

Guess where I just bought my Anno 2070 copy? Yep, Uplay.

Still waiting for EGS to do the same thing with games instead of engaging in anti-competitive exclusives which preempt any competition at all ( you can't offer a lower price if you can't sell it ).

When Ubisoft > Epic, something's seriously fucked up somewhere.

*sigh*

It's 2019 and you still don't know that only the publishers determine the prices and not the stores? The stores only make suggestions occasionally or send the devs/publishers sales notices with a request to file their discounts but the pricing decision always lies solely with the publisher. Been like that since Steam launched in 2003 and has never changed.

Ubi obviously wanted to only discount on uPlay. They do this quite often. Then they sometimes bring the same discounts to Steam/Origin a couple of days later... or sometimes not. This is nothing new at all.

24. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 10:14 Drayth

#NotMyTribe

Illegal use of a victim card: 10 yard penalty!

No, it's the strong-arming of the market that's sparking the shit storm.

Sure the anemic store front would still be cause for discussion, but I don't think you would see people avoiding purchases if they weren't buying up exclusives. People wouldn't feel like they're giving more money to someone wanting to use it to fuck up the market.

Then again the storefront would actually be serviceable if the money went that direction instead.

23. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 09:23 Avus

Never damned if they'd actually compete on price. Even Uplay does that VS Steam prices.

https://www.steamprices.com/ca/sub/26683/anno-2070-complete-edition

Steam actually had sold this game for $10 Canadian Rupee 4 times in 2019.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

22. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 08:25 KilrathiAce

Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

Still waiting for EGS to do the same thing with games instead of engaging in anti-competitive exclusives which preempt any competition at all ( you can't offer a lower price if you can't sell it ).

Must of been a sale, I see Anno 2070 CE on uplay for 29.99 $ USD... https://store.ubi.com/us/search/?lang=en_US&q=Anno%202070

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

21. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 07:44 Beamer

roguebanshee wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 05:03:
Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

The publisher sets the price on every store.

Let's see who is publishing Anno 2070...

Oh, it's Ubisoft.

Now let's see who owns UPlay...

Ubisoft again.

There's a slight chance they're trying to get people to buy the game directly on their own platform instead of on Steam.

No matter how often we tell them that publishers set price on all these storefronts, we keep seeing these posts.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 06:04 RedEye9

#NotMyTribe

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

19. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 05:42 Acleacius

18. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 05:34 Kxmode

roguebanshee wrote on Aug 16, 2019, 05:03:

Oh, it's Ubisoft.

Ubisoft again.

There's a slight chance they're trying to get people to buy the game directly on their own platform instead of on Steam.

I would buy from UPlay before I would ever buy on EGS. As online stores go it's not as robust as Steam, but it's also not as barren as EGS.

17. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 05:03 roguebanshee

Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

Oh, it's Ubisoft.

Ubisoft again.

16. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 16, 2019, 00:47 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 21:36:
Customer: Hi, can you please preload the game so that I can play BL3 at midnight on launch day?

Epic: Hi. Thank you. In answer to your question we have a new look and design coming to your game libraries. The first update in this process will include a "list view" which will display more of your game library on screen at once. You will be able to sort, filter and access games in your library quicker and easier. We want to make navigating to the games you want to play seamless.

Customer: That's nice. But what I really want is BL3 to be ready at midnight on release day. Can you provide that?

Epic: Our new playtime tracking feature is also right around the corner! This feature is a critical piece for self-service refunds. This gives you the ability to precisely track playtime on the games you own and that's important because it helps you determine when you’re eligible to submit for a refund on new game purchases.

Customer: wat. I just want the ability to download a 75 GB game before it launches. Can you please add that?

Epic: You may have noticed that we're rolling out new Epic-hosted videos on store pages.

Customer: You're losing me.

Epic: We rolled out For Honor with an improved installation experience! We reduce the total time to install and the amount of disk space required. We're working on adding this to existing Ubisoft games!

Customers have left chat.

Epic: Another satisfied customer!
Extremely close to reality.
I had a conversation with one of their staff like that.
He kept repeating things I should try, yet I already tried them and wrote several times that I tried them. Then all of the sudden he wanted a screenshot of the error message, as if copypasting it wasnt enough, or he didnt believe me.
The reply to that was "Please update Epic Games Launcher"........ (also said before and me mentioning that I am always running the latest version)
I got really mad at several points in the conversation, especially since it went on over 2 weeks.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

15. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 15, 2019, 23:45 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 23:08:
Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

Very well stated. Love this!!

Epic's store today

14. Re: Epic Games Store Adds Features Aug 15, 2019, 23:08 Darks

Epic
Damned if they do
Damned if they don't
Damn

Very well stated. Love this!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo