Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row

THQ Nordic's Interim Report for Q1 (April-June 2019) has financial results the publisher calls "another stable growth quarter." This includes news that a new Saints Row game is in the works: "Volition is deep in development of a brand-new Saints Row game, the first full entry in this much loved series since Saints Row IV was released in 2013." That's not all they have up their sleeves, as they talk of their "strong pipeline of games in development at Deep Silver, THQ Nordic and Coffee Stain," saying they have 81 games in development, 47 of which are unannounced. They also say Dambuster Studios is now leading the development of Dead Island 2 and that TimeSplitters co-creator Steve Ellis has joined them "to help plot the future course for this franchise." Here's more on their financials:

We started our financial year 2019-2020 with another stable growth quarter. Net sales increased 36% to SEK 1,142 million, driven by strong back catalog sales. Operational EBIT grew 193% to SEK 204 million, raising the Operational EBIT margin to 18% from 8%. The improved margin was driven by digital sales which collectively rose to an average TTM of 58% across our three Games business areas. We generated SEK 441 million in cash flow from operations during the quarter and had close to SEK 3.2 billion in cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 18:42 CJ_Parker

They also revealed a Metro Exodus GOTY is coming next (financial) year.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 18:07 Mordhaus

If they are doing it, it needs to be a complete reboot. SR1 and SR2 were great, SR3 was pretty good but it started slipping near the end. Everything after that was goofy.

Either start it with a new group of characters or have the stuff after SR2 be non-canon, with the boss mentoring a new hero.

8. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 17:43 Creston

I never played 1 or 2 (I think I may own 2 somewhere...), I quite liked 3 though it was waaaaaay too short (I think it had like seven main story missions?) for the story they were trying to tell.

IV was fun for a short diversion but it was absolutely a terrible direction to take their series in.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with a next one. Hopefully they will at least fix the god-awful driving.

7. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 15:55 jacobvandy

Agents of Mayhem remains the only game I've ever refunded on Steam. I've bought plenty of bad games on deep discount over the years, but that one was the biggest disappointment when considering where it came from.

I don't know where they'll take the story in SR5, they pretty much painted themselves into a corner with the Matrix stuff and destroying Earth in 4... But I'll hold onto some tenuous hope that it'll at least be fun and not offensively consolified.

6. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 12:21 Verno

Hated the direction they took, over top the superhero nonsense which rendered much of the open world pointless. Their SR2 Fast and Furious approach was pretty solid and they just needed to refine that more. Agents of Mayhem was terrible so hopefully they go back to the drawing board on this stuff.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

5. Re: RAPE DAY Steam Listing Aug 14, 2019, 11:21 Dravnt

YAY!!!! I LOVE Saints Row! Well, I really loved the second, the third was meh, and the fourth was ugh.

Basically as the game series continues, the game's quality and greatness descends. It's sad BUT saying that I still like the game and look forward to it.

Only can we NOT focus so much on Gat? The dude wasn't that great in the second/third but for some reason they made him god in fourth.

Oh and can we please bring back Stoner Shandi from the second game rather than the Bitch Shandi in third/fourth? She was way hotter, funnier, and fun in the second.

"Everyone worse than me is a newb. Everyone better than me has no life."

4. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 11:17 Rhett

I definitely played IV the least.

They took it a little too over the top. I loved it more as a far-less-serious GTA, but still fairly grounded.

3. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 11:13 Beamer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 11:00:
As a SR fan, IV was ridiculously stupid and disappointing.

I'd call it ridiculously fun and disappointing.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 11:00 Burrito of Peace

As a SR fan, IV was ridiculously stupid and disappointing.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

1. Re: THQ Financials Reveal New Saints Row Aug 14, 2019, 10:57 Bill Borre

I guess Agents of Mayhem sales were disappointing.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo