Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
is now available on the
Epic Games Store
, offering a space simulator for Windows that's a prequel to
2015's Rebel Galaxy (console editions are expected later this year). Developer
Double Damage offers this
with help on getting started and the following details on the game:
Packed with exciting combat, unique ships, and tons of great music, Rebel
Galaxy Outlaw drops you into a retro future steeped in blue-collar Americana.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is a prequel to 2015's Rebel Galaxy, this time dropping you
straight into the cockpit. You'll inhabit the role of Juno Markev, an outlaw and
smuggler who went straight and settled down until events conspired to drag her
back into the life. After an encounter in a shady watering hole goes bad, your
ship is trashed, and you find yourself in debt to an old friend and casino owner
who gives you a floating garbage trick and some words of advice.
- A full single player story campaign. But there's plenty of room to do
your own thing and make some money – or some mayhem. The big empty is filled
with lowlifes, cops, pirates, and blue-collar folks just trying to get by.
- Unique Autopursuit feature makes space combat accessible to everyone -
play the way you want to, with game styles for novices to veterans.
- Slap down some cash for the right ship for the job. Outfit it with a
vast array of weapons, armor, and gear. Apply a custom paintjob and get
- Gamble for cash and equipment at the local watering hole with various
side games, including: 8-ball, dice poker, slot machines and arcade games.
- Slide into your cockpit, switch on the Subspace Radio and listen to one
of 7 stations with over 21 hours of music, DJs and commercials - and full
support for custom soundtracks.
- Meet and befriend an array of sketchy characters and call them up to
lend a hand when needed.
- A variety of playstyles from generous starting gear with aim and flying
assistance, to old school mode: minimal gear and no assists. Play the way