Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban

Following the news that DayZ is now Refused Classification in Australia because of the game's inclusion of marijuana, Kotaku Australia has word Bohemia Interactive is removing the drug from all versions of the game. This is so that DayZ can again be sold down under, and so that Aussie players can still play jointly with gamers from the rest of the world. Here's word:

Bohemia Interactive confirmed to Kotaku Australia late Monday evening that DayZ would be getting modified globally to comply with the Classification Board's requirements. Bohemia could have opted to exclude Australians from DayZ's next major release to give themselves time to work out another solution, but in an email the studio explained that they did not want Aussie gamers to be separated from the rest of the world.

"We donít want to separate Australian players from the rest of the world, since many people play cross-region," the studio said. "We love that DayZ is the place to meet with friends and experience the game without dramatic regional lag. We donít want to change that."

"At the moment, we are editing the global version of DayZ so it will fit into the Boardís requirements. The key objective is to keep the gameplay as authentic as it was, so players are not affected by this change."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 14, 2019, 11:43 DarkCntry

Drayth wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 11:09:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:46:
Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:31:
Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:38:
Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:31:
Australia must have some really easily impressionable people living there.

Not that at all, and the US and many other countries could stand to do the same. Shits out of control. And what were they thinking putting in marijuana? How stupid was that!

This site has zero ability to detect humor.

I'm hoping that this is a joke too...

Case in point.

Hey, with some people on here, I have to question everything that doesn't include a /s marker...lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 14, 2019, 11:09 Drayth

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:46:

Not that at all, and the US and many other countries could stand to do the same. Shits out of control. And what were they thinking putting in marijuana? How stupid was that!

Case in point.

22. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 14, 2019, 09:46 Creston

We love that DayZ is the place to meet with friends and experience the game without dramatic regional lag

So what cyber-magic are you using that causes someone from Australia and someone from the US playing together to not lag compared to each other? Confused

21. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2019, 07:37 Drath71

What next, banning games that include guns of some sort?

Oh wait...that would be stupid, because guns don't make people...uh...but guns yeah ban them! NO WAIT there's no correlation...

20. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 22:00 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:45:
Oh no not the horrible WEED!!!

Christ, high fructose corn syrup is more dangerous to health and society than weed is.

I can see the headline now: "Duke Nukem Refused Classification due to Inclusion of Duke Cola"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

19. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 21:46 DarkCntry

18. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 21:31 Drayth

17. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 19:01 Overon

This a lowest common denominator based decision.  

16. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 17:50 Cutter

Yeah reefer madness alright. I remember right after having my very first toke my first thought was, 'Boy I'd like to try smack now!'

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

15. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 16:45 NKD

Oh no not the horrible WEED!!!

Christ, high fructose corn syrup is more dangerous to health and society than weed is.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

14. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 16:42 RedEye9

Slick wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 15:11:
I still remember those haunting words repeating on an endless carousel in my head: "Fracture detected, morphine administered". How many years has it been? Too blurry to count. I've been chasing the crowbar ever since.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 16:38 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 16:31 Drayth

11. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 16:28 mch

Heroin Hero changed my life.  

10. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 15:11 Slick

I still remember those haunting words repeating on an endless carousel in my head: "Fracture detected, morphine administered". How many years has it been? Too blurry to count. I've been chasing the crowbar ever since.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

9. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 14:00 jdreyer

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:31:
Good, I stoped playing DayZ when I saw the ground becoming littered with the used syringes of dopers who couldn't play the game without shooting up virtual tokes of that fucking Jazz Cabbage.

All performance enhancing drugs should be banned in games.

Also it is hard to ignore the mounting evidence simulated drug use in murder simulators is spilling over into the real world in the form of real violence.

The opioid epidemic was caused by video game drug use. Obviously.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 13:35 necrosis

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:31:
Good, I stoped playing DayZ when I saw the ground becoming littered with the used syringes of dopers who couldn't play the game without shooting up virtual tokes of that fucking Jazz Cabbage.

Also it is hard to ignore the mounting evidence simulated drug use in murder simulators is spilling over into the real world in the form of real violence.
LOL. You precious snowflake.

7. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 13:31 Riahderymnmaddog

6. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 13:24 Sequella

Aussie players can still play jointly with gamers from the rest of the world

Snicker.Nice.

5. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 12:27 necrosis

Ahh another game getting edited world wide because of the nany state that is the AU.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo