Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released

Fatshark breaks out Winds of Magic on Steam, a new expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2, their Windows action game, which is required to play the add-on. A Gameplay Trailer offers a look at some of the new hacking and slashing this adds to the hack-and-slash game. Here are the details:
Independent developer Fatshark today released Winds of Magic, the new expansion to their multimillion selling and award winning hit game Warhammer: Vermintide 2.

“Warning heroes - the Beastmen have arrived, and they bring malice with them. Pick up the new weapons, and help me put a stop to this invasion of ruthless enemies.” says Bardin Goreksson, self-proclaimed leader of the Ubersreik Five group of heroes.

The first expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 brings a brand new enemy faction and new challenges to the game. As a meteor crashes down in the Reikland, the Beastmen rush to the epicenter to claim it as a Herdstone. It is up to the five heroes to stop them before a dreadful disaster strikes the Empire.

“Release day is the most exciting day in game development, and here we are today. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic is available now, ready for heroes to excel.“ says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. "Winds of Magic would not have been possible without the feedback from our beta tests, and we want to thank all beta players who helped us deliver the best version of Winds of Magic."

Winds of Magic features

• Beastmen - The New Enemy
  • Dark Omens - New Level
  • Winds - New Game Mode
  • Raised Level Cap
  • New Talents
  • New weapons for all heroes
  • New Difficulty
  • Leaderboards

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 14, 2019, 10:09 Creston

Taaaaaaaake me
into the magic of the moment
on a glooooory night

Oh, winds of MAGIC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 19:03 Overon

Game is too grindy and repetitive. None of the DLC are worth it. Just another cash grab. They ask you to pay so much to get so little.  

6. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 15:29 Darks

Fion wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:59:
Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:23:

Yea, I was playing this months ago with a few friends, and we had a great time. went back in yesterday to play because some other friends just bought it on sale for 7 dollars. And all of my progress was gone and my levels on my chars were reset back to level 1. Was so pissed off!!

no idea why they reset the servers and wiped our chars.

Um, this isn't part of the expansion, because I haven't had my char's wiped, or any of my friends who play. That may have been some kind of bug, I'd do a little google searching to figure it out.

The expansion does introduce a new advancement system - Weaves - that have their own progression, talents, gear, etc. It's rather a pain because you basically have to start over, but it's a tier system. Each weave map you run has its own goals and alterations (the first one for example, killed enemies leave brambles that slow you if you touch them). The rewards are kinda meh, there are no chests, but the challenge is to play at the highest difficulty you can and run weaves to the highest tier you can. In the beta my friends and I have managed Weave 28, we've yet to beat 29. We aren't playing on the new difficulty yet either lol.

It absolutely has some issues and isn't as rewarding as the normal game, but the new enemies are great, new events are fun and the weaves keep things interesting. They dramatically changed the balance of most weapons, but the feel was ruined and they reverted a lot of it.

No ideal whats going on, but something definitely wiped my chars back to level 1. Not happy at all about it. Check the forums and no one else seems to be having this issue. Need to put in a ticket I guess.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 13:59 Fion

Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:23:

Yea, I was playing this months ago with a few friends, and we had a great time. went back in yesterday to play because some other friends just bought it on sale for 7 dollars. And all of my progress was gone and my levels on my chars were reset back to level 1. Was so pissed off!!

Um, this isn't part of the expansion, because I haven't had my char's wiped, or any of my friends who play. That may have been some kind of bug, I'd do a little google searching to figure it out.

The expansion does introduce a new advancement system - Weaves - that have their own progression, talents, gear, etc. It's rather a pain because you basically have to start over, but it's a tier system. Each weave map you run has its own goals and alterations (the first one for example, killed enemies leave brambles that slow you if you touch them). The rewards are kinda meh, there are no chests, but the challenge is to play at the highest difficulty you can and run weaves to the highest tier you can. In the beta my friends and I have managed Weave 28, we've yet to beat 29. We aren't playing on the new difficulty yet either lol.

It absolutely has some issues and isn't as rewarding as the normal game, but the new enemies are great, new events are fun and the weaves keep things interesting. They dramatically changed the balance of most weapons, but the feel was ruined and they reverted a lot of it.

4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 13:46 Gas Bandit

Can confirm, as a die-hard vermintide fan - this update is crap. Costs twice as much as any previous DLC, only one new map (I was already kind of miffed that the Bogenhafen DLC only had TWO maps), raises the level cap to 35 but instead of adding another set of talents, it just takes away the level 30 talents and puts them back at 35, so it just increases the grind.

Throw in that it's buggy AF and has a whole lot of "rebalancing" that everybody hates, and all in all, this might be what kills the game, and maybe even the series.

3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 13:23 Darks

Alamar wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 11:58:
I looked into the base game with their recent (quite large) sale... But holy hell, are people bashing the update. Wasn't sure I'd get much out of the game as it was, but I steered my $5 or so away due to that.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 11:58 Alamar

I looked into the base game with their recent (quite large) sale... But holy hell, are people bashing the update. Wasn't sure I'd get much out of the game as it was, but I steered my $5 or so away due to that.  

1. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 11:39 Cutter

By the power of Greyskull....

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >