Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Op Ed

Newsweek - Buying 'Borderlands 3' Has Become a Moral Decision, Screwing Developers.
"Borderlands 3 is still one of the most hyped about games of 2019, but an avalanche of negative press and toxic behavior has tarnished the brand. Employees who financially depend on the game being a success are being sabotaged by those that run their company. It's hard to ignore all the politics and drama when you just want to play a first-person shooter that has guns that shoot smaller guns with legs. There's a human toll to pay for all of this. With so much external baggage, it will be interesting to see how high that toll might be."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Op Ed Aug 13, 2019, 12:22 LArac

No preload.
how fitting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Op Ed Aug 13, 2019, 08:46 eRe4s3r

There is only the moral high ground and then there is the low grounds of Epic Store flagellants like RedEye9  

6. Re: Op Ed Aug 13, 2019, 06:41 Jonjonz

I enjoyed the Borderlands series up to this point, but hey it's not really that great, a nice diversion, shoot stuff, see nifty damage numbers pop up, find the most OP weapons, repeat. It's not that great tho, I can wait a few years (and not contribute to the predatory profit taking that only benefits a few fat cats at the top), like I did for the whole series and buy it via bargin bin. It is just not that great of a game. (Brain dead AI that either rushes you or magically spawns behind you and on your flanks, whoop de doo, plus mob draw distance that is way shorter than the range of the games sniper weapons, how dumb is that.)  

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

5. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2019, 23:48 Ozmodan

the company assholes bullied a streamer just because he had some inside information. The assholes were the ones whose security leaked. I would not touch this game period and justify assholes like this in the industry.

There are plenty of shooters and screw you if you buy the game.

4. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2019, 23:34 Teal'c SG:1

"It's hard to ignore all the politics and drama when you just want to play a first-person shooter that has guns that shoot smaller guns with legs"

Its a fucking game. Drama is about whiny fuckers with a exaggerated sense of personal worth. Guy shows up at your door. Does he have a warrant. no. the answer is and fuckoff and die, and slam the door. They arent gestapo. There shitty P.I.s with dumb business cards. They cant do shit. So still, fuck off and die.

3. SOLD!!! Aug 12, 2019, 23:00 RedEye9

You had me at "first-person shooter that has guns that shoot smaller guns with legs."

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2019, 22:57 HorrorScope

In the end those at the top make our beds.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2019, 10:29.

1. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2019, 22:38 Cutter

Nah, it's simple brah. Buy it and you're a scumbag making Sweeny richer and exploiting people intentionally. Don't and you're a better person for it. There's no middle ground in shit like this.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo