Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed

Nightdive Studios tweets their announcement of plans for a System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition, saying this is "coming soon." There are no further details on the plan at this time, but presumably this will be similar to the Enhanced Edition of the original System Shock they released last year. The System Shock: Enhanced Edition adds support for higher resolutions and other modern features to the seminal action/RPG.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 13, 2019, 06:54 Jonjonz

Biggest waste of my money on a game, buying System Shock Enhanced.
Highly marginal manipulation of a few pixels here and there, worst value ever.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 13, 2019, 03:38 Dash

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 17:58:
Overon wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 17:48:
Are they still going to remake System Shock 2? I want the remake rather than an "enhanced" edition.

Yes, of course. They're running into issues on how to best implement loot boxes and force players always online.

You shut your whore mouth. Loot boxes and 'always online' on Primary Single-Player games should be anathema to players with no caveats.

I'll reeeee like a mofo if that happens.

9. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 23:33 Overon

No system shock 3 is being developed by other side entertainment, not nightdive studios.  

8. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 22:59 HorrorScope

Bumpy wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 22:22:
SS2 already has an enhanced version with the mods and texture packs which currently exist with the GoG.com version.

To me to live up to the words, it needs to be enhanced from where the mods take us.

7. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 22:58 HorrorScope

Are they still going to remake System Shock 2? I want the remake rather than an "enhanced" edition.

I thought there is a SS1 remake and then SS3 in the works.

6. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 22:22 Bumpy

SS2 already has an enhanced version with the mods and texture packs which currently exist with the GoG.com version.

5. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 20:14 ventry

Love this game. Hope they make intelligent improvements.
I am due for another SS2 playthrough.

4. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 17:58 jdreyer

Yes, of course. They're running into issues on how to best implement loot boxes and force players always online.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 17:48 Overon

2. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 14:32 swaaye

Technically, SS2 Enhanced Edition has existed for many years. Every aspect of the game and its engine have seen overhauls by the community.

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?board=2.0

Some of these efforts have been included in the System Shock 2 for sale on various services already. Just to get it to run on a modern system.

I wonder if this new "Enhanced Edition" will just be a packaging of some visual enhancement projects, or some kind of more major overhaul.

1. Re: System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Revealed Aug 12, 2019, 12:04 Darks

Hopefully they are upgrading the models and graphics in the game. Still love playing this. Coop was fun too.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo