Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 20:12 RedEye9

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3498-sapphire-rx-5700-xt-pulse-review
Not A Video, so much easier to understand , plus you get all the info from 20 minute video in a 5 minute read.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 18:51 Timmeh

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 15:58:
It's not like AMD has ever been known for efficiency. This should surprise no one.

actually not true... I remember back in the day about 10-12 years ago when they were all about efficiency and Ati fanboys laughed about Nvidias vacuum cleaner sounding coolers and other issues...

oh.. those where the days i tell ya.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 15:58 ForgedReality

It's not like AMD has ever been known for efficiency. This should surprise no one.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 14:45 RedEye9

Saboth wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 14:13:
So gaming on one of those is about equal to turning your stovetop on low and leaving it on. As I've gotten older, I care less about 3 more FPS, and I care more about noise and heat.
Or don't buy the blower version and have patience while aftermarket better cooled cards get released.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 14:13 Saboth

So gaming on one of those is about equal to turning your stovetop on low and leaving it on. As I've gotten older, I care less about 3 more FPS, and I care more about noise and heat.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2019, 13:09 WaltC

I "love" how the amateur engineers [the *not* engineers] roll out of the closets to proclaim how much smarter they are than the engineers who design and build the cards, and how much smarter they are than the engineers who run the fabs where the GPUs are produced. It isn't the GPU temp at all that hits "110C"--it's the T-junction, only--which was designed spec for high temps--because entirely too many users think that 80F is a wonderful ambient temp in which to run their air-cooled GPUs....;) I own the factory overclocked 50th Ann 5700XT and my air-cooled (stock fan profile) GPU hovers at a max of ~65C when playing games--without throttling, too! Oh, yes--I can't hear it, either--98% of the time it's audibly invisible. But of course, the non-engineers among us, and the non-5700XT owners, beg to differ. How predictable and boring.  

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo