Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Safety Dance

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2019, 00:04 NamecaF

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 15:13:
WaltC wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 13:19:
Yes, "pathological gaming" literally means "sick gaming" which is something I've never seen anywhere. Various International governments wishing to control Internet content, and lawyers drooling over potential lawsuits, are the only sources for this "information." *cough* Interesting, don't you think, why there's no "pathological movie going," or no "pathological book reading" or even "pathological TV watching" to speak of--or if these things are spoken of at all, the word "pathological" simply doesn't appear? It's reserved only for computer gaming. "Pathological bowling"? Never heard of it...;)

I've still never heard of anyone bowling so long that they drop dead, but people have sat in one chair playing video games so long that they died. Actually died. Otherwise healthy young people incapable of turning off the game and dying.

I have no clue why so many here think this is trying to extend to the people here who game several hours a week, and not the people that have lost jobs, lost loved ones, and even lost their life, because they couldn't turn off a game.

Darwinism in full effect. Stop complaining.

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2019, 15:13 Beamer

WaltC wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 13:19:
Yes, "pathological gaming" literally means "sick gaming" which is something I've never seen anywhere. Various International governments wishing to control Internet content, and lawyers drooling over potential lawsuits, are the only sources for this "information." *cough* Interesting, don't you think, why there's no "pathological movie going," or no "pathological book reading" or even "pathological TV watching" to speak of--or if these things are spoken of at all, the word "pathological" simply doesn't appear? It's reserved only for computer gaming. "Pathological bowling"? Never heard of it...;)

I've still never heard of anyone bowling so long that they drop dead, but people have sat in one chair playing video games so long that they died. Actually died. Otherwise healthy young people incapable of turning off the game and dying.

I have no clue why so many here think this is trying to extend to the people here who game several hours a week, and not the people that have lost jobs, lost loved ones, and even lost their life, because they couldn't turn off a game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2019, 13:19 WaltC

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 12, 2019, 13:00 jdreyer

Study suggests pathological gaming is a symptom of bigger problems -- rather than a unique mental disease

Which people have been saying on this site for a decade. On the other hand, pathological Blues posting is a unique mental disease.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo