Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

It seems clear our Twitter changes are being well-received. There's been no negative feedback for the new system, and we had a one percent uptick in followers since they were announced. Thanks for the social media support, and a huge thank you to Frans for jumping in and quickly programming the changes after we made the plan. #hashbrowns.

Social Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: College Textbooks are Being Retired and These Other Things Should Be, Too. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: Hurricane forecasts may be running headlong into the butterfly effect.
Damn. Damn! Thanks Acleacius.
Media: The World War of the Ants – The Army Ant.
Some pro hide and seek. Thanks Digg.
This Is A Mans World - New York Street performer. Thanks Acleacius.
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2019, 16:25 mch

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 10:16:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 18:12:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 14:04:
Different question of the day:

Who uses a Raspberry Pi for anything here? I'm smart with no time on my hands and I'm wondering how hard this would be to turn into a retro-emulation console.

If you have no time on your hands, why are you building a retro emulation console? When will you have time to use it?

It's starter gaming for the kids.

Well, you've convinced me to try to get it up and running again (and I ordered a few cheap USB controllers so avoid the Bluetooth pains).

Going with the standard Retropie setup with Emulation Station. If I can find the appropriate place, I'll try to update. Or I may just come back here leave posts no one will read.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2019, 10:16 Tipsy McStagger

Who uses a Raspberry Pi for anything here? I'm smart with no time on my hands and I'm wondering how hard this would be to turn into a retro-emulation console.

If you have no time on your hands, why are you building a retro emulation console? When will you have time to use it?

It's starter gaming for the kids.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 21:24 Heltorne

I was wondering the same thing haha

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 18:12 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 16:21 mch

It's not too difficult. I set one up a few years back using Emulation Station (even made it to disc 2 on FF7 before I burned myself out). It has since crapped out on me but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of re-imaging the micro SD card. There were some decent step-by-steps out there back then, so I'm sure there are even better options now.

It was a bit tricky getting my PS3 controllers to sync via Bluetooth, but there are also cheap USB-based controllers that might be worth it (once I had a problem syncing a controller to the Pi, and I wasn't able to re-sync it with my PS3...effectively ruining a perfectly good PS3 controller).

4. Re: College Textbooks are Being Retired... Aug 12, 2019, 15:35 Mr. Tact

Given Pearson's recent performance if they are getting rid of textbooks, it might be time to invest in textbook printing companies...  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 14:04 Tipsy McStagger

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 13:49 KS

The kid who sits in front and asks questions with one minute left in class.

If you raise your hand at 11:59 a.m. and say the words, “Going back to something you said earlier,” be prepared for everyone in the room to hate you.

You think that's bad, try the same situation at work in a large room with 40 or more people and an "important" speaker, and there's oodles of assholery trying to get some face time as an important, thoughtful question asker.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 13:32 Cutter

Okay, that Onion article was pretty spot on,
The Dude Who Pulls Out His Acoustic Guitar At Every Party.
Hahahaha!

Man, that guy really did a great job with This is a Man's World. Always been one of my fave JB songs.

Hey Ant, do ant wars make you sad?

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >