Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

I asked recently for opinions on the humidity levels in my semi-subterranean lair here at the BlueTower. The follow-up is that we got a dehumidifier going down here yesterday. This has already made a difference, as the 24 hour history on my hygrometer shows a high of 63%, but it's now down to 47%, which is pretty close to ideal. You can definitely tell the difference already, the air feels and smells drier, so I'm happy with the decision. We also found what appears to be a drain in the storage area after moving a bag of salt that was covering it. This seems to have some debris in it, so we need to figure out if it's an actual working drain. If it is, I'll be able to run a hose into it from the dehumidifier and not need to manually empty its reservoir, which would be convenient. But either way, it's nice to have a handle on the situation.

Dry Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: New Amazon Service Lets Customers Boost Shipping Speed With Easy One-Click Charge To Whip Delivery Person.
Stories: The Vegetarians Who Turned Into Butchers. Thanks RedEye9.
Woman put octopus on her face -- it bit her and she had to go to the hospital.
Science: Hubble Telescope's Gorgeous New Jupiter Views Could Help Demystify Shrinking Great Red Spot.
Jupiter just got slammed by something so big we saw it from Earth. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Scientists discover fossils of giant parrot. Thanks Max.
Media: “Who else wishes it was 5pm already??”
Boom goes the Russian artillery powder warehouse.
Accident At Blake's Truck.
Follow-up: Italians decided to fight a conspiracy theory. Here’s what happened next.
View

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2019, 12:01 Mr. Tact

We are going to really miss the Hubble once it shuts down. Let's hope they manage to get the JWST launched successfully...  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 9, 10:51 Re: woman & octopus Bill Borre
  9. Aug 9, 14:08  Re: woman & octopus Hoop
  2. Aug 9, 11:56 Re: Octopus Kisses and vegan butchers Pigeon
>> 3. Aug 9, 12:01 Re: Out of the Blue Mr. Tact
  4. Aug 9, 12:04 Re: Out of the Blue El Pit
  5. Aug 9, 12:31 removed Cutter
  6. Aug 9, 12:46  Re: Out of the Blue Roachmojo
  7. Aug 9, 12:59 Re: Out of the Blue RedEye9
  8. Aug 9, 13:18 Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer