Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Activision Blizzard Financials

Activision Blizzard Announces Second-Quarter 2019 Financial Results, saying their Q2 results are better-than-expected. Word is: "For the quarter ended June 30, 2019, Activision Blizzard’s net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $1.40 billion, as compared with $1.64 billion for the second quarter of 2018. GAAP net revenues from digital channels were $1.09 billion. GAAP operating margin was 24%. GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.43, as compared with $0.52 for the second quarter of 2018. For the quarter ended June 30, 2019, on a non-GAAP basis, Activision Blizzard’s operating margin was 32% and earnings per diluted share were $0.53, as compared with $0.62 for the second quarter of 2018." Here are their highlights:

Audience Reach

• Activision Blizzard had 327 million Monthly Active Users (MAUs)C in the quarter.
  • King had 258 million MAUsC. Candy Crush franchise MAUsC grew year-over-year, driven by growth in Candy Crush Saga™ and the addition of Candy Crush Friends Saga™.
  • Activision had 37 million MAUsC. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 MAUsC grew year-over-year versus Call of Duty: WWII, and hours played increased by more than 50%. Crash™ Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled enjoyed positive critical reviews and strong sales, particularly through digital channels.
  • Blizzard had 32 million MAUsC. Hearthstone MAUsC grew quarter-over-quarter following the release of the Rise of Shadows™ expansion and The Dalaran Heist single-player Adventure. Overwatch MAUsC were relatively stable quarter-over-quarter, with engagement increasing following the release of the Workshop. Subscribers in World of Warcraft® increased since mid-May, following the release date announcement and beta for World of Warcraft Classic and the Rise of Azshara™ content update.

Deep Engagement

• Total time spent in King’s Candy Crush franchise grew strongly year-over-year.
  • Total hours played in Activision’s Call of Duty franchise rose double-digits year-over-year.
  • Daily time spent per player in Blizzard’s franchises again increased year-over-year.
  • Overwatch League™ hours viewed continued to grow robustly year-over-year in the two stages held during the second quarter. Season-to-date, viewership and average minute audience have grown double-digits year-over-year.

Player Investment

• Activision Blizzard delivered approximately $800 million of in-game net bookingsB in the second quarter.
  • King’s Candy Crush was the top-grossing franchise in the U.S. mobile app stores, a lead position it has held for the last two years1.
  • Advertising in the King network continued to ramp, with net bookingsB growing sequentially and doubling year-over-year.
  • For Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, net bookingsB from in-game items grew year-over-year versus Call of Duty: WWII and are ahead of WWII on a comparable life-to-date basis.
  • Hearthstone net bookingsB grew sequentially in Q2 following the release of Rise of Shadows and the introduction of the paid single-player Adventure, with the expansion also outperforming last Q4’s Rastakhan’s Rumble™.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 9, 2019, 19:51 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 16:46:
fawker wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 06:28:
Destiny 2 is being taken off the Blizzard client and is moving to steam. That much I'm sure of.

The accounts will be moved as well, as per their launcher notice.

What does Bungie then need Activision for? Or am I missing something?

They don't. The game is 100% Bungie now and will be taken off B.net in early October. They will start a transition period on August 20th. You will have to link your Bungie account to Steam between August 20th and October 1st if you want to transfer over your progress from B.net.

Here it is straight from their FAQ. Destiny 2 will be taken off Battle.net on October 1st and if you don't move your shit to Steam before then then you're fucked.

What happens if I don’t sign up to move my Guardians to Steam?

Unfortunately, Destiny will no longer be available on Blizzard’s Battle.net after October 1. We hope you’ll follow us to our new home to continue your journey. It just wouldn’t be the same without you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 9, 2019, 16:46 eRe4s3r

fawker wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 06:28:
Destiny 2 is being taken off the Blizzard client and is moving to steam. That much I'm sure of.

What does Bungie then need Activision for? Or am I missing something?

8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 9, 2019, 06:28 fawker

7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Aug 9, 2019, 03:52 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 03:30:
Isn't Destiny 2 now Bungie only?
It is, but Activision still provides the server infrastructure, the integration in the Blizzard launcher and so on. They no longer own the Destiny franchise, they just publish it.

6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 9, 2019, 03:30 El Pit

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 21:43:
Let's see if they can turn that around by the end of the year, with World of Warcraft Classic, Modern Warfare remastered, and Destiny 2 free-to-play!

Isn't Destiny 2 now Bungie only?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 22:13 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 21:23:
Big publisher making less money after zero innovation for 10+ years is always good news.

Let's see if they can turn that around by the end of the year, with World of Warcraft Classic, Modern Warfare remastered, and Destiny 2 free-to-play!

Yeah, innovation overload right there!

Also, this Candy Crush game must be really popular or something... I think I'm gonna have to buy that fucker some time!

4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 22:12 HoSpanky

Big publisher making less money after zero innovation for 10+ years is always good news.

Hey now don’t forget the Warcraft 3 remake! They can’t make a fourth one until they stop making expansions for WoW.

3. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 21:43 jacobvandy

2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 21:23 eRe4s3r

1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Aug 8, 2019, 20:51 Cram

saying their Q2 results are better-than-expected

Well, I guess it's time to fire a few hundred more people for good measure. As is tradition.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo