Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Anthem Cataclysm Launches

EA announces the release of the version 1.3.0 patch for Anthem, introducing the Cataclysm event for the action/RPG. Here's a bit from the lengthy patch notes:

New Story Missions - Track Dr. Harken and unravel the mystery of the Cataclysm. Available to all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission in the main storyline.
Cataclysm - Battle Vara Brom and her forces in a dangerous new game mode that evolves over time. Teamwork is heavily encouraged as you battle against the dangerous environment and time itself, unlock secrets, and master the Cataclysm to earn all new rewards and rank up the leaderboard. The Cataclysm is available on the Start of Expedition screen for all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission.

• Inversions - Sets of gameplay modifiers that impact how you face the challenges of the Cataclysm.
  • Leaderboards - Finishing content in the Cataclysm mode adds to your score. Your score is updated to the leaderboard at the end of your run.
  • Seasonal Currency - Complete challenges and content to earn Minor and Major Crystals. Spend that currency on the rewards in the Seasonal Store.
  • Seasonal Store - A new store that features time-limited rewards for purchase with the seasonal currency.

ALLIANCE SYSTEM CHANGES

The Alliance System now includes Guild members in addition to Friends when calculating Social Rewards. (You’ll be able to create, join and chat with guild members in a new guild mobile app.)

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 12, 2019, 00:16 jdreyer

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 10:33:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 08:15:
new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches Twitch? I personally would rather play games or live life over watching someone else any day

That's SOOOO 2013. No one actually plays games anymore. They just watch professionals play on Twitch.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 19:03 Osc8r

new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches Twitch? I personally would rather play games or live life over watching someone else any day

Whilst i agree somewhat, our opinions are irrelevant.

The fact is that's there are millions of people that do watch it, thus the amount of views a game receives is reflective of a it's overall popularity (or lack thereof).

I have no real desire to go back to Anthem... even finding the super rare loot is about as impactful as a burnt tumbleweed. And when you do get, where do you actually do with it?

20. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 14:52 Verno

I agree, what kind of person wants to sit around and watch someone else get paid. Not me.. you wont catch me watching twitch or sports.

0/10 man, come on. Failure at a gimmick account is pretty harsh but this is where you're at dude, time to think about your choices

Playing: Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

19. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 14:52 Kxmode

new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

You watch because of the personality of the host and the game(s) you like.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 13:57 Riahderymnmaddog

Verno wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 12:49:
new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches sports? I personally would rather play sports or live life over watching someone else any day

I know you're a gimmick 2nd account but at least make some effort.

I agree, what kind of person wants to sit around and watch someone else get paid. Not me.. you wont catch me watching twitch or sports.

17. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 13:37 Nullity

Did they fix the loot yet?

The game has good bones and could be decent, but they had way too much that needed fixed or completely redesigned - the loot situation being a big one. Until that is fixed, I wouldn't consider trying it again.

16. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 12:49 Verno

new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches sports? I personally would rather play sports or live life over watching someone else any day

I know you're a gimmick 2nd account but at least make some effort.

Playing: Total War Warhammer 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Subnautica Below Zero
Watching: Joan Red, The Dark Matter of Love, Three Kingdoms

15. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 10:48 HorrorScope

aka_STEVE wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 07:24:
I avoided it for the most part up until just a few weeks ago - got it for $19.99
When you get to the actual gameplay it is fun. It is just so much hassle to get into the good stuff, that's annoying.

They need to double, maybe triple, the actual time you can fly without 'cooling' down , double the loot drop amounts & increase enemy encounters while in freeplay and you would have an incredibly fun time - flying around , shooting shit ! problem solved.!

Flying around is the most awe inspiring , best Iron-man like experience - yet that is what they decided to limit into a barely 20 second deal before having to land & cool down ?? makes no sense.

For many this is your Anthem exp:
While leveling up the combat/gameplay is very fun.
The story/Fort is slow.
Loading, too much too slow.
Once your life is about getting Legendary's, the grind begins and this is where most are lost.

Patches that created way too many new bugs and fixed too little, through gas to a fire.

The game is probably worth $20 though for the fun combat. I can't speak of this new content.

*When you talk about they can only fly for so short, yeah from a reality perspective it is silly, they can do all this, but can't keep you in air? The mechanics shown in the game are 70's auto mechanics with monkey wrenches working on highly complex gadgetry, it's laughable. How many Sentry's can equal one Freelancer? Seems there isn't no amount, they all are worthless and I save 100% and do 100% of their field work everytime. It goes on...

14. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 10:33 Riahderymnmaddog

new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

13. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 08:15 Angrius Maximis

new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

12. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 07:24 aka_STEVE

I avoided it for the most part up until just a few weeks ago - got it for $19.99
When you get to the actual gameplay it is fun. It is just so much hassle to get into the good stuff, that's annoying.

They need to double, maybe triple, the actual time you can fly without 'cooling' down , double the loot drop amounts & increase enemy encounters while in freeplay and you would have an incredibly fun time - flying around , shooting shit ! problem solved.!

Flying around is the most awe inspiring , best Iron-man like experience - yet that is what they decided to limit into a barely 20 second deal before having to land & cool down ?? makes no sense.

11. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 04:00 El Pit

Anthem's Cataclysmic Launch - A Story of a Game as a Service?  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 03:25 Luke

A patch for Anthem.....hahaha...good one ...hahaha  

9. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 03:12 Quinn

Anthem is dead.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

8. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 22:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seasonal currency, leaderboards? What the fuck? Lol! Poor Bioware, you were great once.

7. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 22:00 HorrorScope

Picks myself up from the floor...

Fuck seasonal currency, this is the stuff I dislike online game for.

EDIT: I will say that is quite a list of changes, I'll definitely give it a go, but I think we all sort of know, no matter how lengthy the patch notes, it's amazing how much it feels the same. That said, there are some good changes here.

6. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 21:09 Creston

GinRummy wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 20:00:
Is this game under 20 bucks yet?

I think Amazon's had it for close to 20. It's honestly not even worth 20 bucks. I'd maybe pick it up for 10.

Just a dumpster fire of a game. "Bioware Magic" my ass. This entire big Cataclysm, ie the culmination of their first 90 day roadmap, and the "Big Thing We're Working Towards" is a set of mutators and a fucking leaderboard.

They literally have no clue how to make interesting content. None.

5. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 20:56 Riahderymnmaddog

Fail  

4. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 20:35 Darks

GinRummy wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 20:00:
Is this game under 20 bucks yet?

Actually, my frind said he saw it at Walmart I think for 20 dollars.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 6, 2019, 20:22 Icewind

Do people still play this game, and if someone here does, is there a reason for me to even buy it at this point? Almost did when it came out, but a Steam friend of mine spent 1 month in it and said it was abysmal.  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo