Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer

Here's the first Official Gameplay Trailer for Blair Witch, the upcoming psychological horror game. The game is due for Windows and Xbox One on August 30th, just in time to cash in on the hype surrounding The Blair Witch Project, the found footage movie sensation that was released in 1999. We kid, there were a couple of sequels, including Blair Witch, which came out in 2016. Here's word on the clip, which stars Bullet, a good boy who you can totally pet:

The trailer shows the following:

• Fan-favorite canine companion - Bullet
  • A look at some of the gameplay elements of the first-person psychological horror game: exploration, commands, combat, environmental interaction, and of course a taste of how players will interact with Bullet

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 30, 2019, 10:18 Muscular Beaver

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 21:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 18:26:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 16:26:
One of the worst, most overhyped movies to ever be mislabeled as "horror".

Famous for pioneering the "found footage" style of movie.

That trailer is actually pretty good. I wasn't interested based on the IP, but watching the trailer made me interested.

Eh, I'm ambivalent about the game itself. The trailer looks like a bunch of jump scares to me which is the laziest, shittiest way to do horror and build tension.
So you werent scared shitless when in FEAR you went up the ladder and suddenly had that creepy girl standing in front of you?
I dont think this genre is for you then in any case.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 21:20 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 18:26:

That trailer is actually pretty good. I wasn't interested based on the IP, but watching the trailer made me interested.

Eh, I'm ambivalent about the game itself. The trailer looks like a bunch of jump scares to me which is the laziest, shittiest way to do horror and build tension.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

8. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 18:26 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 16:26 Burrito of Peace

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

6. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 15:14 RedEye9

El Pit wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 15:06:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 11:06:
Okay those ninety seconds were better than sitting through the source movie upon which it's based.

And I prefer the movie because the game seems to be more a monster show - it shows the monsters. BW (the first movie only) was amazing because it did NOT show the monster/witch. This is why it worked - everybody in the audience had his own idea about what the witch should look like and they all got to keep their ideas about it. And because of a micro budget it would not have been clever to show the witch.

This game shows a lot of critters - it is Alan Wake, but not Blair Witch. It does not stick to the basic idea of the movie.

YMMV though.
Agreed

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 15:06 El Pit

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 11:06:
Okay those ninety seconds were better than sitting through the source movie upon which it's based.

And I prefer the movie because the game seems to be more a monster show - it shows the monsters. BW (the first movie only) was amazing because it did NOT show the monster/witch. This is why it worked - everybody in the audience had his own idea about what the witch should look like and they all got to keep their ideas about it. And because of a micro budget it would not have been clever to show the witch.

This game shows a lot of critters - it is Alan Wake, but not Blair Witch. It does not stick to the basic idea of the movie.

YMMV though.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 15:04 Xero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 13:48:
Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 11:38:
I still own those original Blair Witch games that were a 3 episode series from the company that made Nocturne. Speaking of which, when the hell are we going to get a remastered version of Nocturne??

Talk about a game that was ahead of it's time and just disappeared when everything else is being remastered or remade.

I could barely run the game when it came out and the shadow effects were dope. The effects were stunning for it's time.

Ah yes, I too remember running Nocturne at about 8fps, and it looking awesome. Years later on a faster computer I was able to play it a bit, but the controls were borderline terrible. Ahead of its time graphically, sure, but it would definitely need an almost total rework of the controls. Still, I'd be interested in the Remaster/Remake.

Hey, at least they weren't tank controls. You could actually aim using the mouse which was no where close to how bad Resident Evil was at the time in comparison.

It could use some tweaks but for the most part, I think it would be a solid remake/remaster.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

3. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 13:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Xero wrote on Jul 29, 2019, 11:38:
I still own those original Blair Witch games that were a 3 episode series from the company that made Nocturne. Speaking of which, when the hell are we going to get a remastered version of Nocturne??

Talk about a game that was ahead of it's time and just disappeared when everything else is being remastered or remade.

I could barely run the game when it came out and the shadow effects were dope. The effects were stunning for it's time.

Ah yes, I too remember running Nocturne at about 8fps, and it looking awesome. Years later on a faster computer I was able to play it a bit, but the controls were borderline terrible. Ahead of its time graphically, sure, but it would definitely need an almost total rework of the controls. Still, I'd be interested in the Remaster/Remake.

2. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 11:38 Xero

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

1. Re: Blair Witch Gameplay Trailer Jul 29, 2019, 11:06 Bill Borre

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo