Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: etc. Jul 23, 2019, 20:35 Razumen

Beamer wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 09:37:
Razumen wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 20:10:
Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 08:22:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 00:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 23:10:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:13:
That trailer was awful. Looks like Witcher: The Snowflake Chronicles. Knew they were going to trash it.

Clueless comment is clueless.
Brokilon dryads using spears, instead of bows. And Triss not looking young, chestnut haired, and looking like she got beat with an ugly stick, and Yenn looking like she either a 25 year old trying to be 35, or 35 looking to be 25 is obviously clueless. Did I mention the black ones armor yet? No? Sit back and enjoy the shit show.

They're really not even trying to stick to the books. Some parts of it look good, I agree. Other parts are like they decided to break out the stupid because Sapkowski is still pissed off that the witcher games were far more popular than the books, and he only took a lumpsum payment - despite CDPR offering him more when the W3 became an overwhelming success.

You're just furious about one tweet from the show runner, so much that you're unwilling to enjoy something. Life is tough for you.

Except he's actually brought up valid criticisms? Hate it when people like you try to deflect sound complaints into something else.

They're not particularly valid. The looks of the women doesn't much matter when, y'know, they're enchantresses, and sculpt themselves to look how they'd like, and this is clearly being shown before at least Yenn has done so.

Who cares about spears vs bows? Who cares about black ones' armor? This is an adaptation - every single adaptation ever takes artistic license. If you're unwilling to give that some things work better on page than screen, you're already a lost cause. It's like comic book fans screaming that Captain America's suit is wrong - no one gives a shit other than you, because this isn't the exact thing you're used to, which can be (and likely is) good.

This is nitpicking bullshit from someone that wants this to fail because he misunderstood someone and decided it was offensive to him.

Sure they are, you might not agree with them, but there's nothing wrong with them as criticisms.

Just calling it an adaptation does not excuse it from bad casting, costume or just plain inaccuracy. It's a lazy excuse for bad decisions, and usually a fallback for defenders that have nothing else to fall back on, because the criticisms are relevant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: etc. Jul 22, 2019, 09:37 Beamer

Razumen wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 20:10:
That trailer was awful. Looks like Witcher: The Snowflake Chronicles. Knew they were going to trash it.

Brokilon dryads using spears, instead of bows. And Triss not looking young, chestnut haired, and looking like she got beat with an ugly stick, and Yenn looking like she either a 25 year old trying to be 35, or 35 looking to be 25 is obviously clueless. Did I mention the black ones armor yet? No? Sit back and enjoy the shit show.

They're really not even trying to stick to the books. Some parts of it look good, I agree. Other parts are like they decided to break out the stupid because Sapkowski is still pissed off that the witcher games were far more popular than the books, and he only took a lumpsum payment - despite CDPR offering him more when the W3 became an overwhelming success.

You're just furious about one tweet from the show runner, so much that you're unwilling to enjoy something. Life is tough for you.

Except he's actually brought up valid criticisms? Hate it when people like you try to deflect sound complaints into something else.

They're not particularly valid. The looks of the women doesn't much matter when, y'know, they're enchantresses, and sculpt themselves to look how they'd like, and this is clearly being shown before at least Yenn has done so.

Who cares about spears vs bows? Who cares about black ones' armor? This is an adaptation - every single adaptation ever takes artistic license. If you're unwilling to give that some things work better on page than screen, you're already a lost cause. It's like comic book fans screaming that Captain America's suit is wrong - no one gives a shit other than you, because this isn't the exact thing you're used to, which can be (and likely is) good.

This is nitpicking bullshit from someone that wants this to fail because he misunderstood someone and decided it was offensive to him.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: etc. Jul 22, 2019, 01:28 Sepharo

I think it's looking pretty great.
I spent more time with the books than I did with the games.
Just really scratched the surface on all 3, probably only like 10%-20%, and maybe even less for the third one considering how giant it is.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 21:57 Kxmode

Those kinds of details don't make or break a show for me and especially not before watching the first episode. Unlike Watchmen, which I know is not based on the source material, The Witcher is based on the books. So for me the casting choices are irrelevant. Besides none of us were there to see their auditions so we cannot know how they'll be on camera until we see the first episode.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

15. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 20:10 Razumen

14. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 08:22 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 05:09 eRe4s3r

Ya'll so hyped or haty about this but this is a Netflix product, it's aiming at a mass market that we are not.

We got Witcher 3 already. I doubt the show can make characters look better than that. But I'll give it a fair viewing first. Only thing about this trailer that sucked was the god awful music.

12. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 03:26 ForgedReality

Show is gonna be so fucking garbage. Thanks Lauren, whoever the fuck you are.  

11. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 00:27 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

10. Re: etc. Jul 21, 2019, 00:15 Task

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 18:03:
I think the show is Andrzej Sapkowski's big F-U to CDPR for not getting any of that entitlement money he wanted. The show won't be an adaption of the video game out of spite. That said the three games follow the books, so there's going to be a LOT of familiar things between the show and games.

I don't think there is spite involved. I'm sure the author Sapkowski has always wanted something better than The Hexer. The biggest reason this is strictly following the original saga is because the Executive Producer, Lauren S. Hissrich, is a huge fan of the novels much like many other people and wants to do it well in live-action.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

9. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 23:10 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

8. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 22:27 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 21:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:48:
Looks really good. Trailers can be deceiving, but a bad trailer almost always means a bad show. This looks awesome, so there's a good chance they come through with something excellent.
Be sure to check out Carnival Row.
Carnival Row - Featurette: Philo's Story (Official Prologue) | Prime Video

more and another characters featurette

Oh, yeah, watched that last night. Another good trailer, although a bit worried about the plot part. Still, good world building. DreyerDaughter is gonna go apeshit over CR, so we'll probably watch together.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 21:35 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:48:
Looks really good. Trailers can be deceiving, but a bad trailer almost always means a bad show. This looks awesome, so there's a good chance they come through with something excellent.
Be sure to check out Carnival Row.
Carnival Row - Featurette: Philo's Story (Official Prologue) | Prime Video

more and another characters featurette

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2019, 21:52.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

6. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 20:48 jdreyer

Yeah, watched when KX posted last night. Looks really good. Trailers can be deceiving, but a bad trailer almost always means a bad show. This looks awesome, so there's a good chance they come through with something excellent.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 20:20 RedEye9

The Witcher trailer looks great, Henry Cavill was a perfect choice for the role. Netflix definitely has another winner on their hands.

angry joe had a mangasm

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 20:13 Cutter

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 18:03 Kxmode

I think the show is Andrzej Sapkowski's big F-U to CDPR for not getting any of that entitlement money he wanted. The show won't be an adaption of the video game out of spite. That said the three games follow the books, so there's going to be a LOT of familiar things between the show and games.  

2. Witcher Jul 20, 2019, 17:29 Creston

I am super excited after that trailer, it looks fucking AWESOME.

1. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 15:40 Task

The Witcher looks amazing, way better than the Polish Hexer. I've watched it tons of times to guess who all the characters are from the books and what scenes match the stories in The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo