Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Tim Willits Leaving id Software

Tim Willits tweets that after 24 years at id Software, he will be leaving the company after this year's coincidentally 24th annual QuakeCon:
After 24 years, Ive decided to leave id Software after QuakeCon. Ive been extremely lucky to work with the best people in the industry on truly amazing games. QuakeCon has been an unbelievable part of my journey and I look forward to seeing everyone at the Gaylord Texan.

All of the games currently in development are in very good hands, my departure will not affect any planned releases. id Software is packed full of amazing talent that will continue to develop (long into the future) some of the best shooters in the world.

After QuakeCon I will announce my future plans, where I am going, and what new exciting things I am doing. Stay tuned.
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 20, 2019, 19:49 RedEye9

Creston wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 13:08:
After QuakeCon I will announce my future plans, where I am going, and what new exciting things I am doing. Stay tuned.

Nobody cares, Tim. The only reason anyone ever paid any attention to you is because you worked at id.
^Pretty much this^

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 20, 2019, 00:44 Nidian

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 15:39:

Nobody cares, Tim. The only reason anyone ever paid any attention to you is because you worked at id.

He has 2,809 followers on Twitter (where he posted the message). In other words, people do care about his plans, where he's going, and what new exciting things he'll be working on. Stop being a troglodyte.

Aaaaaand Tom Hall has 20k, American McGee has 26k, John Romero has 120k, & last but not least... John Carmack has 861k. Face the facts... most people just do not like Tim Willits. The only reason he has any followers is because he worked at ID. And I'm willing to bet a good portion of his followers are folks who dislike the guy but are just waiting to pounce on him if/when he posts yet another bold-faced claim that is taking credit for other peoples hard work.

From his ridiculous claim that he invented the idea of multiplayer-only maps... to the laughably absurd claim that Mad Max Fury Road might have possibly borrowed ideas from Rage.

Until he actually corrects or changes his ways... well, as American McGee stated, he is "a serial credit thief" & deserves all the scorn & ridicule thrown his way.

13. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 15:39 Kxmode

He has 2,809 followers on Twitter (where he posted the message). In other words, people do care about his plans, where he's going, and what new exciting things he'll be working on. Stop being a troglodyte.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 13:08 Creston

11. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 07:42 Pepe

Hoop wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 04:18:
Thanks Tim for all the passion over the years.
Loving slowly working my way through Rage 2.
In awe of the environments & AI.

One of the most dissapointing games ever and not worthy of the Rage IP.

10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jul 19, 2019, 07:41 Kajetan

Hoop wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 05:16:
Fuck off you sneering baby.
https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/434213/Rage+2+Tim+Willits+Interview/
Rage 2 is nothing more than Mad Max in pink. If he did something, it wasnt very good, because Rage 2 sucks big time.

There are way better game designers than Willits, because Rage 1 suffered from a LOT of problems and Doom 3 was one big gameplay misunderstanding.

9. removed Jul 19, 2019, 05:16 Hoop

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 19, 2019, 08:04.

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 05:02 Spektr

born2expire wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 20:16:
Epic Games Store latest purchase?

The Epic store is going to buy Tim Willits? :p

7. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 04:55 Kajetan

Hoop wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 04:18:
Yeah, because Tim Willits and id worked so hard on Rage 2 ... which they didnt. This is a game from Avalanche, who did Mad Max. And it shows. Everywhere.

6. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 04:23 Osc8r

ID still exist?  

5. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 04:18 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 19, 2019, 00:08 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 21:10:
Excellent idea, it would add to their je ne sais quoi.

Je ne sais quoi? Only a Kool-Aid drinking cretin would espouse such attributes to a platform woefully lacking in basic features. How about sub-par and BS. Those two are apt qualities.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 18, 2019, 23:32 [VG]Reagle

Well since you fired steed this is what you get KARMAAAAAA  

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

2. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 18, 2019, 21:10 RedEye9

Excellent idea, it would add to their je ne sais quoi.

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

1. Re: Tim Willits Leaving id Software Jul 18, 2019, 20:16 born2expire

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >