Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance

Ubisoft offers First-Quarter 2019-2020 Sales Results, saying these show higher-than-expected performance. "Our first-quarter net bookings came in well above target, thanks to the very robust performance of our games ‒ notably Rainbow Six Siege and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey ‒ and a very strong increase in player recurring investment for PCs and consoles, led by record-high engagement levels per player," explains co-founder and CEO Yves Guillemot. "As well as this very good start to the fiscal year, the positive reception for our games at E3 has confirmed our full-year expectations. Ghost Recon Breakpoint was highly visible among content creators and earned a record-high sentiment score out of all E3 games. Watch Dogs: Legion made a huge impression thanks to its innovative gameplay, putting the franchise back in the spotlight. Our games line-up for fiscal 2019-20 – which also includes Rainbow Six Quarantine and Gods & Monsters – is one of our strongest in the last five years. In the coming years, Ubisoft is ideally positioned to seize the many value creation opportunities that lie ahead and therefore to generate strong revenue growth and further increase its profitability."

PCGamesN notes that the included breakdown of net bookings by platform shows that the PC is now Ubisoft's most profitable platform:

Q1 2019-20 Q1 2018-19
PLAYSTATION®4 31% 38%
XBOX One™ 18% 22%
PC 34% 24%
NINTENDO SWITCH™ 5% 5%
MOBILE 7% 7%
XBOX 360™, PS®3, Wii™, Wii U™ 0% 1%
Others* 5% 3%
TOTAL 100% 100%
* Ancillaries, etc.
View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 19, 2019, 00:53 Kxmode

Nullity wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 13:58:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 10:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 10:21:
Ladron3dfx wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 23:10:
Whatever happened to all that UPlay hate, it all just vani.....
EGS came out...
But what will we collectively hate next week..
It's gonna be EGS for a while...
Noticed he used "hate." Only someone of that mindset would think in absolutes.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 13:58 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 18, 2019, 10:23:
Whatever happened to all that UPlay hate, it all just vani..... Vanish

EGS came out...
It's gonna be EGS for a while...

10. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 10:28 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 23:52:
This is mostly due to expanding markets, many of their games had underwhelming sales and reviews, iirc.

I dunno, I feel like on Blues people speak fairly highly of their games. Sure there are criticisms, but it's not nearly as acerbic as those leveled at EA or ActiBlizz games, for instance. Anno, FC: New Dawn, and Div 2 all got pretty good reviews. R6: Siege continues to improve and sell DLC, I'm sure. And AC: Odyssey, widely acclaimed, is still selling strong.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

9. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 10:23 RedEye9

EGS came out...

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

8. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 10:21 jdreyer

EGS came out...

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 18, 2019, 05:29 Muscular Beaver

I havent bought a Ubisoft game yet. Well, I did recently. Via Steam. But when I started it, it said the key cant be authenticated, so I contacted their support.
They didnt reply. So I got a refund after 2 weeks of silence.
2 days after that they finally reply and say they cant see a problem...

Fuck Ubisoft. Hard.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

6. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 23:52 Acleacius

This is mostly due to expanding markets, many of their games had underwhelming sales and reviews, iirc.  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 23:10 Ladron3dfx

Steamworks

4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 23:01 Slush54

Yeah mtx + always online drm to put a store inside the game to fleece the gullible will definitely drive profits.  

3. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 20:33 CJ_Parker

Kinda odd that Anno 1800 doesn't even get a mention among the highlighted titles in the press release. Maybe not enough multiplayer, season pass and MTX revenue like the other games to impress the shareholders?

Anyway, I'm sure that it was a major part of the +10% PC revenue increase (from 24% to 34% YoY) since it is the fastest ever selling title in the Anno series.
The PC has historically always had relatively strong quarters at Ubi whenever a new Anno came out so 1800 must have been a major contributing factor.

2. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 19:20 Atun Desenfrenado

Maybe is time to stop shitting on PC gamers and whining about piracy.
Start making proper ports.

1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Show Strong PC Performance Jul 17, 2019, 18:47 gfunk

That's great now put ubi-store in the bin and work on linux support  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >