Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

We've been lucky in finding takers for some of the boxes and paper we've found ourselves buried in as we unpack from moving. But this still left us with a lot more that needed recycling. Our previous home was more suburban and this kind of stuff was handled by curbside pickup, but, while we're not exactly in the country now, things are definitely a bit more rural. So yesterday MrsBlue and I found our way to the local dump, which was a new experience for both of us. Once we figured out the system, it was surprisingly easy and cool. We knew we had to pay for what we were dropping off by weight, but were not expecting the system to involve weighing our car before and after our dumping to calculate the difference. Pretty cool.

R.I.P.: Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens dead at age 99.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Toast Up.
Links: Itís Time Video Games Stop Glorifying Violence...
Is it okay to laugh at the Florida man meme? Thanks RedEye9.
Why do so many people still believe the moon landings were a hoax? Thanks RedEye9.
Stories: Colombian man arrested in Spain trying to smuggle cocaine under toupee. Thanks Boing Boing.
What I Learned From Quitting Coffee After 15 Years Of Daily Consumption. Thanks RedEye9.
'Meth-gators'- Tennessee police warn flushing drugs could create hyper-aggressive alligators. Thanks Boing Boing.
Science: New research on Tunguska finds such events happen less often than we thought.
Media: Honest Trailers - Shazam.
So You Need a Photographer?
Welsh Terrier Dog enjoys Playground Equipment. Love that breed.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
Savage Chickens.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2019, 15:33 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 21:18:
Uh why not just switch to decaf? That's all I drink, tea or coffee.

Decaf still has about 4 mg. Which isn't enough to actually do really anything but I quit it outright for the first year. I now drink decaf teas and coffees every once in a while and doesn't do anything.

Most people are addicted to caffeine.. which isn't a terrible thing if used in moderation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2019, 03:20 Killes

...my coffee consumption increased to about five or six large mugs of instant coffee per day.
Puke

No wonder he gave up

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 21:18 Cutter

Uh why not just switch to decaf? That's all I drink, tea or coffee.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 18:37 Nimh

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 17:27:
Nimh wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 12:13:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 11:01:
That article about quitting coffee is pure garbage. 2 weeks? BIG DEAL!

I quit caffeine cold turkey 10 years ago and it had a dramatic effect on my sleep habits and all around wakefulness throughout the day. Sleep better, need less sleep, don't crash throughout the day.

But.. I had to go through 4 weeks of migraines by quitting it cold turkey (I don't get migraines).

I stopped drinking caffeine about 6 months ago. I really miss the taste and ritual of it, but my sleep and energy levels have been much more stable.

Funny that your avatar pic appears to be some creature holding a cup of coffee.

Ha, yeah I suppose it does look like holding a cup. Itís from a painting that was done from the Secret of NIMH film. https://youtu.be/GMcnZ7ykJ6A?t=2m5s

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 17:27 jdreyer

Nimh wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 12:13:

I quit caffeine cold turkey 10 years ago and it had a dramatic effect on my sleep habits and all around wakefulness throughout the day. Sleep better, need less sleep, don't crash throughout the day.

But.. I had to go through 4 weeks of migraines by quitting it cold turkey (I don't get migraines).

I stopped drinking caffeine about 6 months ago. I really miss the taste and ritual of it, but my sleep and energy levels have been much more stable.

Funny that your avatar pic appears to be some creature holding a cup of coffee.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Why do so many people still believe the moon landings were a hoax? Jul 17, 2019, 17:25 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 11:33:
Why? Because people are stupid as fuck.

Why do people think the earth is flat? See above.

Behind the Curve interviews some psychology professors to help understand the phenomenon. It has more to do with the feeling of belonging to an "elite" group that has "secret" knowledge than it does with science or logic. That documentary is worth your time to help understand what's going on with these kinds of conspiracy theories. The other part of it is that the baseball cap dude wants to bang the redhead really, really badly.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 12:19 RedEye9

Looking forward to season 3 of Gator Rehab.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 12:13 Nimh

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 12:11 Cutter

Most dumps will also take your used paint and household chemicals for free. Handy to avail yourself of if you've got a bunch of that stuff laying around you don't need anymore. I myself have to do just that in the next few days.

Is it ok to laugh at the stupid? Well it if isn't we'll just end up crying all the time.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Why do so many people still believe the moon landings were a hoax? Jul 17, 2019, 11:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Why? Because people are stupid as fuck.

Why do people think the earth is flat? See above.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2019, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo