Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store

The Tetris Effect Website announces that Tetris Effect is coming to PCs on July 23rd as an Epic Games Store exclusive. This will feature 4K resolution or optional support for Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE virtual reality. The game is now available for preorder with a 20% discount and some limited time bonuses. Here's a PC Announce Trailer and here are more details:

Enhance and The Tetris Company, Inc. announced today that the ultimate version of their award-winning game Tetris® Effect is coming to the PC on July 23rd, with optional VR-support for Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE, available exclusively on the Epic Games Store. Originally released on PlayStation®4 late last year, Tetris Effect was hailed as a breakthrough title by fans and critics alike, earning an 89 Metacritic score and 60+ awards and nominations from major outlets, including overall “2018 Game of the Year” honors from Giant Bomb and Eurogamer, and various “Best of 2018” awards from The New Yorker, Polygon, The Washington Post, IGN, GameSpot, The Verge, PlayStation Blog, and many more.

As the ultimate version of Tetris Effect, the PC version is capable of running at resolutions of 4K or more with an uncapped framerate (with Vsync disabled), and includes ultra-wide monitor support as well as other expanded game and graphical options not found in the console release for both 2D and VR play (including adjustable particle volume and size, texture filtering, and more).

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 18, 2019, 04:52 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 10:26:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 03:35:
I want a Battle Royale mode, or GTFO.

Like I said, get a Switch. Game is called Tetris 99, it's a free perk with their online service. Literally you and 98 others competing against each other in every round.

Can't tell if serious.

Damn you Poe's Law!!!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 15:26 Kxmode

This was always meant to be a PS4 exclusive, so it'll be exclusive to another sub-par platform. Nothing new.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2019, 13:16 Mordecai Walfish

yeah its an epic store exclusive, but you could do much worse with your money. at least a portion of your purchase will go to the original creator of tetris, which you cannot say for many franchises as old as this

15. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 12:30 Xero

BURN EPIC!!!! BURN!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

14. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 10:26 jacobvandy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 03:35:

Like I said, get a Switch. Game is called Tetris 99, it's a free perk with their online service. Literally you and 98 others competing against each other in every round.

13. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 10:23 J

My Roadmap:

Every month or so, check to see if Epic has a decent, fully-fledged, competent and sufficiently functional platform yet. If or when that happens, reconsider. Until then, care = care -1.

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

12. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 09:23 Verno

I played this quite a bit on the PS4, super chill game and really good bang for the buck.  

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

11. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 04:15 Orogogus

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 16, 2019, 22:33:
Well, just be happy that it’s no longer exclusive to the PS4, as so many other VR games are. It might be an exclusive but so are tons of games on Oculus’ store, where’s the daily hate for THAT?

I feel like Oculus generally gets way more hate for its VR exclusives than Sony does. Just on this board I know Slick gets super triggered, and it's the same on Reddit. People, including CJ Parker, tend to handwave away Sony's exclusives as a natural consequence of them being a console company, even when it applies to entrenched PC games like Borderlands or Skyrim.

But on a day-to-day basis, I'd say people would complain more about Oculus if their exclusives were worth caring about. They've had a few worthwhile titles, especially right around the Rift and Touch launches, but I think they make more misses than hits. I thought Vader Immortal and the Marvel game were garbage, which is like turning gold into lead.

10. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 03:35 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 02:09 Drayth

Can we use our save file to carry over the decisions we make in the first game to Tetris Effect 2?  

8. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 02:08 Flo

This needs to come to the Quest fast!  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

7. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 17, 2019, 01:54 eRe4s3r

It's a Tetris game alright.. flashy effects.. and Tetris.. I mean, if you WANT to pay 20$ for that....  

6. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 22:33 HoSpanky

1a2a3aGG wrote on Jul 16, 2019, 20:27:
nice, very excited. Oddly the blurb says Rift and Vive specifically - hopefully this also means Index support (there are a handful of games on steam that claim index headset support but end up not having knuckles support [The Forest, In Death, Budget Cuts])

also +1 to exclusive hate

Well, just be happy that it’s no longer exclusive to the PS4, as so many other VR games are. It might be an exclusive but so are tons of games on Oculus’ store, where’s the daily hate for THAT?

5. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 21:25 jacobvandy

I'd rather play Tetris BR on Switch.  

4. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 20:27 1a2a3aGG

nice, very excited. Oddly the blurb says Rift and Vive specifically - hopefully this also means Index support (there are a handful of games on steam that claim index headset support but end up not having knuckles support [The Forest, In Death, Budget Cuts])

also +1 to exclusive hate

3. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 20:24 FloorPie

Meh, good if you wanted VR version on PC I guess. Its $20 on PS4 these days, disc version even which is about the max I'd pay for a tetris game these days.  

2. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 20:12 jdreyer

No VR, no sale!

I'm kidding, but a 3D Tetris game in VR would be cool.

EDIT: LOL, just watched the trailer, apparently it has VR.

EDIT EDIT: Er, also says so in the blurb. Reading, itz hard. Dunce

1. Re: PC Tetris Effect Next Week on Epic Games Store Jul 16, 2019, 19:45 MDB

Nice! Good seeing a proper, modern, official Tetris game on PC again. Was just thinking about this the other day and wondering if a port was ever going to happen.

(wtf, exclusive, wtf, wtf, etc.)

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo