Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 13, 2019, 15:02  Simon Says 

jdreyer wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 14:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 13:21:
I done screwed up.
Shit was about half that a month ago, but this rapid increase is probably due to nothing more than dwindling b-die stock after being discontinued and not war reparations.
Ouch. Just wait until Trump's tariffs hit.

Was skeptical too until I checked pcpartpicker price trends, most RAM kits have stopped dwindling in price and some are starting to go back up.

So I decided to buy at this hopefully peak low, I'll soon have 32gb total in my PC ( just ordered 2x8gb more 3000mhz Corsair LPX CL15 for 90$ CAD ), hopefully should be golden for RAM and CPU/mobo for 5-6 years with an i7-8700 @4.4ghz even if consoles go for 24gb and 8c/16t Zen2 @ around 3.2ghz as rumored and the fact that I don't want to have to deal with a swap file EVER AGAIN + the extravagant RAM needs of RAM scanners like Tsearch and Cheat Engine ( for SP only ).

Next upgrade will be a GPU probably in late 2020, early 2021, at least as fast as fastest console's GPU, maybe just a tad faster, then I probably won't have anything to worry about for the lifetime of the next-gen consoles.

Might buy a 1440p95hz FreeSync IPS monitor to replace my aging and starting to do weird shit 10+ years old 1080p75hz non-FS TN after that, but otherwise, that's it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 13, 2019, 14:45  jdreyer 

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 13:21:
I done screwed up.
Shit was about half that a month ago, but this rapid increase is probably due to nothing more than dwindling b-die stock after being discontinued and not war reparations.

Ouch. Just wait until Trump's tariffs hit.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 13, 2019, 13:21  RedEye9 

I done screwed up.

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >