Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

StarCraft Cartooned Released

A new video from Carbot Animations announces that StarCraft Cartooned is now available in the Blizzard Shop, offering the promised reskin for StarCraft that changes all the graphics in the real-time strategy sequel into Carbot cartoon animations. This comes with a $9.99 USD price tag, and word is, "Every purchase of this graphics pack for StarCraft Remastered supports CarBot Animations. It also shows Blizzard you want to see more Blizzard & CarBot collaborations." Here's more:

Return to Glory
With StarCraft: Cartooned you can experience StarCraft’s classic gameplay with all-new, lighthearted cartoon graphics! StarCraft: Cartooned reimagines every unit, structure, map, menu and story mission in the game, drawing on the lovable artistic style of Carbot Animations, with full gameplay and online

A Fresh Look for a Classic
Infuse your StarCraft: Remastered experience with the lighthearted charm of Carbot Animations! Whether you’re returning to the Koprulu Sector or visiting for the first time, StarCraft: Cartooned is an all-new way to experience the classic sci-fi real-time strategy game.

A Complete Reimagining
The magic doesn’t end with cartoon units—all the structures, maps, and menus of StarCraft: Remastered, including all campaign missions, have been transformed! Whether you’re returning to the Koprulu Sector or visiting for the first time, StarCraft: Cartooned is an all-new way to experience the classic sci-fi real-time strategy game.

Full Online Compatibility
Bring the Cartooned mayhem online! Group up with other players for your favorite custom games, or take on opponents head-to-head in the competitive ladder. You can play with anyone, even if they don’t own StarCraft: Cartooned!

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: StarCraft Cartooned Released Jul 11, 2019, 11:23 chickenboo

Xero wrote on Jul 11, 2019, 08:04:
It feels unnecessary but it's an easy buck for the developers when all they did was re-skinned the game.

I'm curious if this goes off the Starcraft Remaster or original Starcraft? Pretty sure Starcraft Remaster has access to higher resolutions and HD graphics. I own it and barely touched it so I forgot. I also have that WC3 Reforged pre-ordered. Hoping it turns out real good.

Waiting on Diablo 2 - Hella Hotter Edition.

I think this is for the remaster only. You'd have to pay $10 for this re-skin though. The audio doesn't change either, so you get the original gruff marines with cutesy graphics.

Diablo 2 remaster cannot come soon enough

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: StarCraft Cartooned Released Jul 11, 2019, 08:04 Xero

It feels unnecessary but it's an easy buck for the developers when all they did was re-skinned the game.

I'm curious if this goes off the Starcraft Remaster or original Starcraft? Pretty sure Starcraft Remaster has access to higher resolutions and HD graphics. I own it and barely touched it so I forgot. I also have that WC3 Reforged pre-ordered. Hoping it turns out real good.

Waiting on Diablo 2 - Hella Hotter Edition.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

2. Re: StarCraft Cartooned Released Jul 11, 2019, 04:07 Luke

Why?  

1. Re: StarCraft Cartooned Released Jul 11, 2019, 02:57 jdreyer

Looks like they ripped off the Castle Crashers art style.

Starcraft still has one of the greatest soundtracks ever.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo